This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1901 2010-07-24 20:45:34

funnyman1120
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

DarkMark3 wrote:

I would like to become a scratch curator to put up projects that have broad appeal, as well as the occasional 0s 1s or 1s 1s, and projects with good physics and need good strategy, it would be really great to be scratch curator sometime, as I have already tried becoming a scratch curator, maybe 50 pages ago.

and one more thing before I post this, I have noticed that most, and maybe even all curators get more than a week or curation, is that normal?

yes, they go up for two weeks

Check out my website for updates on all your favorite games! Funnyman1120's Website

#1902 2010-07-24 22:10:19

fireball123
Scratcher

littletonkslover wrote:

Cnor wrote:

Hi people of scratch,

I would like to be a curator for a number of reasons, all of which i will state here  smile
I am very active on scracth, and as such i see a lot of good projects which just havent been noticed, I like seeing all types of projects and i wont discriminate against art as art is the basis of games, you cant have a good game if you dont have good art for it  smile

I can promise you that the projects you will see on the front page while if im curator will be good, and they will be games, art and more  smile

I would focus on putting scratchers and projects that havent been noticed on too the front page, as long as they deserve it  smile

Thanks for reading and,
Scratch On!

Well you seem like a smiley person.

what was your first clue?

I did it for the Lolz

#1903 2010-07-24 22:32:14

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Lucario621 wrote:

I would like to become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage.

I do recall posting a request before, but that was about 40 pages ago. xD

I'd like to become a curator, because this way, I could help the Scratch community, by showing more variety of projects by many Scratchers on the front page. So many people put so much hard work into projects - but they don't get viewed. I think becoming a curator will be a good step to help change that  smile . I plan to show projects, from animations, to art, to games, to simulations, and everything in between or I didn't mention  tongue .

I have plenty of experience Scratch, being here for 3 years, and being a solid contributor in many of the activities in the Scratch community.

There's nothing much I can say that's very original and nobody else on the 75 pages on this thread has probably said, so yeah. Thanks, and Scratch On!  tongue

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#1904 2010-07-25 01:25:38

Chrischb
Scratcher

I don't think you exactly didn't get picked; Lightnin said once that a break of two months or so between speeches was enough to guarantee your speech wasn't missed - it was only a week or so.  smile

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#1905 2010-07-25 03:39:43

save50
New Scratcher

Hi

what a nice offer to be a curator..
i  hope ill be one in here...

Regards to all
Ed

#1906 2010-07-25 11:54:22

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Chrischb wrote:

I don't think you exactly didn't get picked; Lightnin said once that a break of two months or so between speeches was enough to guarantee your speech wasn't missed - it was only a week or so.  smile

Oh  tongue

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#1907 2010-07-25 11:55:54

Shivers
Scratcher

I would like to become a currator. Is that how this works?  smile  Sorry if I went to the wrong place...

#1908 2010-07-25 13:05:38

emilypie
Scratcher

Shivers wrote:

I would like to become a currator. Is that how this works?   smile   Sorry if I went to the wrong place...

You came to the right place, but you should give a paragraph speech saying why you should be curator, that will CERTAINLY up your chances!  tongue

"Captain Hammer threw a car at my head." -Dr. Horrible

#1909 2010-07-25 14:00:14

MangaQueen
Scratcher

I would like to be curator. I mainly like manga styled art, but I also love anything to do with animals and whatnot.

And so america's economy got chewed up, spit out, then it got kicked. multiple times. THEN it went flying through a window, faceplanted into some concrete, then 10 buses ran over it.  big_smile

#1910 2010-07-25 16:14:45

JeanTheFox
Scratcher

I got a question! Is it okay if a put currently running for curator in my sig? I'd like to!

http://i51.tinypic.com/20gcn5j.png

#1911 2010-07-25 19:09:58

MyHFC
Scratcher

I would like to see projects of games and animations chosen by a curator.
Thats what I would do, I would also choose people who dont get many views.
------------------------------------------------------------
Rallyworld  big_smile  is fake  yikes

http://empireminecraft.com/static/ads/black_468x60.gifI left scratch! You can still talk to me on smp3.empire.us though.

#1912 2010-07-25 19:19:29

soupoftomato
Scratcher

JeanTheFox wrote:

I got a question! Is it okay if a put currently running for curator in my sig? I'd like to!

It wouldn't mater, but it's not an election and it's only decided  by Scratch Team.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#1913 2010-07-25 20:54:41

JeanTheFox
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

JeanTheFox wrote:

It wouldn't mater, but it's not an election and it's only decided  by Scratch Team.

I know, but I'd just like to.

#1914 2010-07-26 05:35:25

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

Well, I’ve been looking at this thread for a while now - since I noticed an interesting project on the curator spot. I didn’t actually consider becoming a curator until greenflash curated my project, MAZE 2, way back in mid-March. It was then I realised how it felt to see your own name on the front page. I knew then that I wanted to share this feeling with others – it was simply so good!

Now, you may be wondering “If Wolfie had been considering this opportunity since mid-March, why didn’t she apply for it?”. A number of reasons – the first being that I wanted to have an organised session as curator, so that I knew exactly what I’m going to curate each day. The second, is that I didn’t feel like writing a speech until now  tongue  (actually, I wrote this speech a month or so ago, but forgot to post it >.<)

I will choose three new projects every day, with a theme (eg, platformers, 1s1s games, OSes ‘n’ Apps, and more). I love projects that can be played over and over, without getting boring, or that can be learned from in some way (tutorials! TUTORIALS!  big_smile  I have only chosen two tutorials to curate so far  tongue ). Another point that I considered when creating my list of “picks” was finding something that would fit the genre, but still being a bit different to the other projects I choose for that day.

In fact, I have a list that currently has 26 projects of 12 different themes (my list is a little thin-on-the-ground at the moment – I have to work out two more genres, and find another 16 projects or so). As I said earlier, I’m planning on choosing 42 projects in total, as that is the answer to Life, The Universe a- wait a minute, in this case, it’s because I would have a 14 days, with 3 projects a day. Ideally, I’d choose 96 projects (‘cuz it’s the best numbah evah 8D), but that would mean that I would choose 6.9 projects per day... or one update with 3 new projects every 10.4 hours... which would mean that some people would have projects on at peak times, and others wouldn’t. And that’s unfair... D:

Back on topic, I’d love to take this on!  big_smile

EDIT: Also, I would try to curate projects by active users where possible, so that people who are still involved in Scratch would have a "time to shine" while they are active  big_smile

Last edited by Wolfie1996 (2010-07-27 11:08:59)

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#1915 2010-07-26 08:49:17

JeanTheFox
Scratcher

Wow, a curator AND a moderator  yikes

Are you trying to take over Scratch?!

No, just kidding.  big_smile

#1916 2010-07-26 11:38:49

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

JeanTheFox wrote:

Are you trying to take over Scratch?!

http://www.deviantart.com/download/118781401/whistling_smiley_by_Broni123.gif

Joking xD

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#1917 2010-07-26 12:21:14

amyvdm
Scratcher

I would choose projects that are amazingly fun but also unique.

#1918 2010-07-26 15:01:07

marshine3
Scratcher

hellooo pplz. i'm a decent animator on scratch who would like to become a curator.
i have several friends who make decent projects on scratch, but are under-apreciated. i want to help out some of those people by becoming a curator and letting some good projects get some good publicity. I hope you pick me for curator as soon as you can! XD

#1919 2010-07-26 15:16:33

Thehero
Scratcher

I posted I wanted to be a curator 2 times I think and I did not tell you why. I want to be a  curator because I want to show scratch my favorite projects and games so scratch would see how wonderful they are!! I hope you pick me for your next curator  smile

#1920 2010-07-26 16:32:23

randomocitycats
Scratcher

Ooohh. c: I've always wanted to be a curator. X3

Not exactly sure how to say this but STILL.  tongue

If I was a curator, I'd search all over Scratch for projects with nice animation, art, or programing. I've seen a bunch of projects that are VERY nice, and had lots of work put into them and yet they have... two or three views. That's not exactly fair.

I hope you accept my request and thank you very much for taking the time for reading this.  smile

#1921 2010-07-26 19:13:05

Chocomouse
New Scratcher

I have seen some truly AMAZING projects out there, but none of them get a lot of publicity. I think that these people deserve a chance to get more views. I want to become a curator because I would like everyone to be able to enjoy these things. I feel the most strongly about this when i see art. There are some really great artists on Scratch, and I want them to be noticed. It's not very fair when beautiful artwork only gets two or three views. I want the world to know of their existence. (Wait, that's a little over dramatic...)  big_smile

#1922 2010-07-27 03:14:30

Naivia
Scratcher

Repost:
Umm... curator, I would curate projects that are either funny, inspirational, or really good/hard to make/spent a lot of time on, but I wouldn't curate projects that are already famous, but ones that almost no one knows about.  I've seen some projects that have really inspired me, those projects I really want people to see. I want people to become inspired too. I want to curate projects that I think really, really, really( says really 50 times later) deserve to be seen. oo)

Hi Hi Hi http://lh4.ggpht.com/__fvBTUdvwSU/TCwxCG5bbzI/AAAAAAAAAw0/aJ31Y9MJYYE/Girl.jpghttp://lh3.ggpht.com/__fvBTUdvwSU/TCwxC5d3MbI/AAAAAAAAAw4/LfXdSwd76DE/Hood2.jpg Hi Hi Hi
  I can be evil... Muhahahahahahahahahahahahaha! For now I'll be nice  cool

#1923 2010-07-27 09:53:11

JeanTheFox
Scratcher

Naivia wrote:

Repost:
Umm... curator, I would curate projects that are either funny, inspirational, or really good/hard to make/spent a lot of time on, but I wouldn't curate projects that are already famous, but ones that almost no one knows about.  I've seen some projects that have really inspired me, those projects I really want people to see. I want people to become inspired too. I want to curate projects that I think really, really, really( says really 50 times later) deserve to be seen. oo)

You should only post once, the Scratch Team decides, and it would only make this harder to read. Thanks  smile

#1924 2010-07-27 09:58:43

bumblebee70
Scratcher

id like to be a scratch curator. the projects id like to show are anime/manga pictures. i love the style of drawing and they are good insperations for all sorts of art.
i hope to get picked!  smile

#1925 2010-07-27 16:55:12

alexandriay
Scratcher

Dear Scratch Team,

If I'm curator I would be very honored. I like funny and pointless animations that are enjoyable to watched. There are a lot of scratchers out there who aren't recognized for their work (like me). So, I would like to post their work of art so maybe they can have their 15 minutes of fame  cool  , if possible. Because it's summer, I usually stay on Scratch for hours scouring the whole website and looking for shorts that amuse me, tutorials, and remixes. Plus, I go on multiple times a day too. I really love the whole scratch website. I think Scratch is a creative way to express yourself in multiple ways...

Thank you for your time,
alexandriay  smile 

P.S. I hope I get picked!!!  lol

Board footer