This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3501 2010-07-16 13:37:31

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

on topic plz....

@NXiii
A feature for CYOB. A global setable variable in CYOB. So like a normal global variable but in Squeak, so it can be used in multiple blocks....


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3502 2010-07-16 14:51:01

nXIII
Community Moderator
Registered: 2009-04-21
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

johnnydean1 wrote:

on topic plz....

@NXiii
A feature for CYOB. A global setable variable in CYOB. So like a normal global variable but in Squeak, so it can be used in multiple blocks....

Global squeak variables already exist. And you can just directly reference the stage's variables dictionary.


♡ nXIII

Offline

 

#3503 2010-07-16 16:05:53

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

how?


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3504 2010-07-16 17:35:59

nXIII
Community Moderator
Registered: 2009-04-21
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

johnnydean1 wrote:

how?

(self ownerThatIsA: ScratchStageMorph) vars at: 'foo' put: 0.

Or whatever that variables message is....


♡ nXIII

Offline

 

#3505 2010-07-17 03:55:49

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

thx. could I replace foo with what I want


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3506 2010-07-17 10:03:14

nXIII
Community Moderator
Registered: 2009-04-21
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

johnnydean1 wrote:

thx. could I replace foo with what I want

it's just a string....


♡ nXIII

Offline

 

#3507 2010-07-17 13:41:11

paulpsicle
Scratcher
Registered: 2008-10-12
Posts: 100+

Re: Panther development thread

can anyone do a (item # of list $List$ that equals $String$)


http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=paulpsicle&action=onlineStatus&online=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle.png&offline=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle_o.png

Offline

 

#3508 2010-07-17 13:48:58

sparks
Community Moderator
Registered: 2008-11-05
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

jd submitted a "place of $String$ in list $List$" Block.... does that do for you?

Code:

|t3 t4 t5 t6| t3_ 0. t4_ 0. t5_ self lineCountOfList: (t2). t6_ ''. t5 timesRepeat: [ t3_ t3 + 1. t4_ self getLine: (t3) ofList: (t2). t4 = t1 ifTrue: [ t6 = '' ifFalse: [ t6_ self concatenate: (t6) with: ('/'). ]. t6_ self concatenate: (t6) with: (t3). ]. ]. t6 = '' ifTrue: [ ^'0'. ] ifFalse:[ ^t6. ].

hope that helps... *cheezy smile* Have a nice evening and thank you for choosing Blockshop!  big_smile


http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

Offline

 

#3509 2010-07-17 14:06:07

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

lol


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3510 2010-07-17 14:08:24

ScratchReallyROCKS
Scratcher
Registered: 2009-04-22
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

sparks wrote:

jd submitted a "place of $String$ in list $List$" Block.... does that do for you?

Code:

|t3 t4 t5 t6| t3_ 0. t4_ 0. t5_ self lineCountOfList: (t2). t6_ ''. t5 timesRepeat: [ t3_ t3 + 1. t4_ self getLine: (t3) ofList: (t2). t4 = t1 ifTrue: [ t6 = '' ifFalse: [ t6_ self concatenate: (t6) with: ('/'). ]. t6_ self concatenate: (t6) with: (t3). ]. ]. t6 = '' ifTrue: [ ^'0'. ] ifFalse:[ ^t6. ].

hope that helps... *cheezy smile* Have a nice evening and thank you for choosing Blockshop!  big_smile

It would have been even cheezier if you said 'Have a nice evening and thank you for choosing Blockshop airlines!'


http://imageshack.us/a/img694/3806/sigmad.png

Offline

 

#3511 2010-07-17 14:15:44

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

lolzers


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3512 2010-07-17 15:07:59

nXIII
Community Moderator
Registered: 2009-04-21
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

or just

Code:

^ (self listNamed: t1) listContents indexOf: t2

♡ nXIII

Offline

 

#3513 2010-07-17 15:24:18

sparks
Community Moderator
Registered: 2008-11-05
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

oh dear

Last edited by sparks (2010-07-17 16:07:15)


http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

Offline

 

#3514 2010-07-17 15:28:11

nXIII
Community Moderator
Registered: 2009-04-21
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

n is more of a Dropbox thing....


♡ nXIII

Offline

 

#3515 2010-07-17 15:52:54

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

I am just wondering, how to I call a stage variable so normaly I put

get_ stage + variable

but how to do it with stage?.


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3516 2010-07-17 16:10:53

nXIII
Community Moderator
Registered: 2009-04-21
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

What?


♡ nXIII

Offline

 

#3517 2010-07-17 16:15:12

paulpsicle
Scratcher
Registered: 2008-10-12
Posts: 100+

Re: Panther development thread

it does help. Thanks.  smile


http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=paulpsicle&action=onlineStatus&online=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle.png&offline=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle_o.png

Offline

 

#3518 2010-07-17 16:17:45

paulpsicle
Scratcher
Registered: 2008-10-12
Posts: 100+

Re: Panther development thread

is there any way to specify default values in cyob?


http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=paulpsicle&action=onlineStatus&online=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle.png&offline=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle_o.png

Offline

 

#3519 2010-07-17 16:19:14

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

(self ownerThatIsA: ScratchStageMorph) vars at: 'foo' put: 0.


how would I use the variable?

normaly I would just type the name

foo

but how?


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3520 2010-07-17 16:29:33

nXIII
Community Moderator
Registered: 2009-04-21
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

johnnydean1 wrote:

(self ownerThatIsA: ScratchStageMorph) vars at: 'foo' put: 0.


how would I use the variable?

normaly I would just type the name

foo

but how?

(self ownerThatIsA: ScratchStageMorph) vars at: 'foo'


♡ nXIII

Offline

 

#3521 2010-07-17 16:49:01

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

thx

by the way can any1 make me a block that will show only part of a sprite thats on screen. I am making a PKMN game and scrollings fine untill I enter a large area then it laggs.


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3522 2010-07-17 17:30:13

johnnydean1
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-12
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

can you implement a feature in 1.1 for me. If <touching $Sprite$ and clones of it>

I need it

I could make it in CYOB but as CYOB will not work in java player, I am forced to not use it. So could you?


You can now reach me on Twitter @johnnydean1_

Offline

 

#3523 2010-07-18 08:17:38

SeptimusHeap
Scratcher
Registered: 2010-02-01
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

***I HAVE A GREAT IDEA!***

Let's NOT make a java player, but instead make a player using the squeak online VM! It would be much easier, and would even  have CYOB!


http://i46.tinypic.com/dw7zft.png

Offline

 

#3524 2010-07-18 08:26:06

ScratchReallyROCKS
Scratcher
Registered: 2009-04-22
Posts: 1000+

Re: Panther development thread

SeptimusHeap wrote:

***I HAVE A GREAT IDEA!***

Let's NOT make a java player, but instead make a player using the squeak online VM! It would be much easier, and would even  have CYOB!

Did you hear what I posted on that before? The online VM is extremely slow, it takes a whole minute for me to drag a block into place, and I'm on fast wi-fi!


http://imageshack.us/a/img694/3806/sigmad.png

Offline

 

#3525 2010-07-18 08:36:17

paulpsicle
Scratcher
Registered: 2008-10-12
Posts: 100+

Re: Panther development thread

ScratchReallyROCKS wrote:

SeptimusHeap wrote:

***I HAVE A GREAT IDEA!***

Let's NOT make a java player, but instead make a player using the squeak online VM! It would be much easier, and would even  have CYOB!

Did you hear what I posted on that before? The online VM is extremely slow, it takes a whole minute for me to drag a block into place, and I'm on fast wi-fi!

JSqueak?


http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=paulpsicle&amp;action=onlineStatus&amp;online=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle.png&amp;offline=http://fishery.dyndns.org/paulpsicle_o.png

Offline

 

Board footer