This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2008-06-22 23:08:12

room209
Scratcher

Support for integrating Scratch in schools

(I may be reading the date wrong, but it looks like the following message was posted last week, then the thread was closed.)

"My name is Jacqueline I work for Milwaukee Public Schools in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.  The school district wants its school to intergrate technology into their curriculm by having a person in each school incharge of this called an ITL.  I am one of those persons.  Is there anyone who would be willing to present to the ITL' ways to teach Scratch and use the program in their curriculums?"

Jacqueline, if you are still looking for help for your ITL team, let me know.  I teach in Minnesota but will be traveling through Wisconsin in August, or can check in with you via e-mail.  I've a few integrating curriculum projects gathered in the gallery http://scratch.mit.edu/galleries/view/11876. You can leave me a comment there if continued contact sounds useful.

Karen

PS.  Anyone else with project examples where Scratch is used by students to meet a non-tech standard, please do add them to the gallery.  Math is covered by a couple other galleries, so this one so far features other subjects.

Board footer