This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1776 2010-07-07 08:07:40

Silentstar
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Dear the Scratch team,
I would love being a curator not because it gives a temporary higher position of honor in the scratch community but it gives me and others who have applied to the job a different part to roleplay.More or less I would choose games,animations,stories,or etc. that show signs of originality,Ambition (meaning signs of wanting to be good), greatness,and sufficiency.I'd like to show this type of project because it verifies things between good workmanship,copying,and well sloppy workmanship. Good workmanship shows that you care for scratch and you don't want your name to marked down as sloppy.Copying is well in most cases incredibly awful.In most case people copy other people's projects and don't give credit.Which is called plagiarism.Half of the time remixer don't change anything.But in copyings defense I will say that I see nothing wrong in remixed changing something but giving credit.Now back to topic there is sloppy workmanship.If you are sloppy older and newer scratchers will NEVER respect you.As a scratcher you want new scratchers to follow in your footsteps.You want them you to be influenced by you and your projects. In about three out of four cases good workmanship gets featured, curated, loved, viewed,and remixed.You want that to happen.Those are the kind of projects I would be delighted to curate.

What I promise if I become curator:
I promise to choose wisely and carefully
I promise to tell those who asked me why I didnt choose them the truth and the whole truth
I promise to do to the best of my abilities
I promise to be responsible yet be myself
I promise to listen to the curators above me who might have advice.
I promise not to choose any of my projects no matter how good they are!
I promise to keep all of these promises

I would have to say though if its a decision between someone else and me choose the best because scratch deserves the best not the least.

~Silentstar  smile

Last edited by Silentstar (2010-07-07 08:18:25)

http://internetometer.com/imagesmall/25077.png

#1777 2010-07-07 12:41:07

tomicool
Scratcher

No offence to this thread but there has been an awful lot of people replying to this thread saying they would like to become a curator (and I'm one of them), but none of us has been replied to. So I have an idea: why don't we create a page where you can fill in a form and submit it directly via E-Mail to the Scratch team or Moderators? That way, people will be replied and told why they aren't good enough to become a curator, are good enough or just reply and say something to do with this back.

Not trying to sound like a moan, just thought I'd have let you know.  smile

Last edited by tomicool (2010-07-07 12:42:14)

I might return for a little while.

#1778 2010-07-07 15:51:52

haileysisk
Scratcher

Hello, I would like to become a curator because I enjoy helping, and making people getting a chance to be on the front page! Thanks, Hailey

#1779 2010-07-08 04:55:08

game99999
Scratcher

is it possible to be a curator for one week?

^you have no idea how long that took to type^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#1780 2010-07-08 13:28:28

Wjc0906
Scratcher

<set{Wjc0906}to(Curator)>

cool  Wjc0906  roll
Puff Sequel, expected (7/31/11)

#1781 2010-07-08 13:33:07

funnyman1120
Scratcher

<set{ funnyyman1120 to Curator 

Wjc0906 wrote:

<set{Wjc0906}to(Curator)>

Check out my website for updates on all your favorite games! Funnyman1120's Website

#1782 2010-07-08 15:23:10

Mangaboy232
New Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Lots of Scratchers have told us they want to show their favorite projects on the Scratch homepage. So we created a new role called "Scratch curator."

You can find more information here:
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Become_a_Scratch_Curator

If you'd like to become a curator, reply to this forum thread. Tell us the kind of projects you'd like to show, and why you want to show them. We'll choose curators that represent the diversity of the Scratch Community - girls, boys, gamers, storytellers, animators - Scratchers of all kinds! We especially like to choose Scratchers who have been helpful and contributing members of the Scratch community.

I'd like to choose manga and drawing projects, since I like to draw. I think it would be a good opertunity for the artistic scratchers to be noticed.

#1783 2010-07-08 15:41:31

warriorcat194
Scratcher

Cool! I'd love to be a curator. I like all sorts of projects, but I tend to look at games, Pokemon, and Warriors projects.  big_smile   smile   wink  [blocks]<change pen color by( 2) [/blocks]

#1784 2010-07-08 15:58:58

lilacfuzz101
Scratcher

tomicool wrote:

No offence to this thread but there has been an awful lot of people replying to this thread saying they would like to become a curator (and I'm one of them), but none of us has been replied to. So I have an idea: why don't we create a page where you can fill in a form and submit it directly via E-Mail to the Scratch team or Moderators? That way, people will be replied and told why they aren't good enough to become a curator, are good enough or just reply and say something to do with this back.

Not trying to sound like a moan, just thought I'd have let you know.  smile

that's a really good idea!

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzqaicLrY01r5wdo7o1_500.gif

#1785 2010-07-09 14:14:14

hdarken
Scratcher

cann i become a curator

http://i.imgur.com/VskBk.png
http://i.imgur.com/tgxVZ.jpg

#1786 2010-07-09 14:56:25

hdarken
Scratcher

I really wan to become a curator

#1787 2010-07-09 14:58:06

hdarken
Scratcher

Silentstar wrote:

Dear the Scratch team,
I would love being a curator not because it gives a temporary higher position of honor in the scratch community but it gives me and others who have applied to the job a different part to roleplay.More or less I would choose games,animations,stories,or etc. that show signs of originality,Ambition (meaning signs of wanting to be good), greatness,and sufficiency.I'd like to show this type of project because it verifies things between good workmanship,copying,and well sloppy workmanship. Good workmanship shows that you care for scratch and you don't want your name to marked down as sloppy.Copying is well in most cases incredibly awful.In most case people copy other people's projects and don't give credit.Which is called plagiarism.Half of the time remixer don't change anything.But in copyings defense I will say that I see nothing wrong in remixed changing something but giving credit.Now back to topic there is sloppy workmanship.If you are sloppy older and newer scratchers will NEVER respect you.As a scratcher you want new scratchers to follow in your footsteps.You want them you to be influenced by you and your projects. In about three out of four cases good workmanship gets featured, curated, loved, viewed,and remixed.You want that to happen.Those are the kind of projects I would be delighted to curate.

What I promise if I become curator:
I promise to choose wisely and carefully
I promise to tell those who asked me why I didnt choose them the truth and the whole truth
I promise to do to the best of my abilities
I promise to be responsible yet be myself
I promise to listen to the curators above me who might have advice.
I promise not to choose any of my projects no matter how good they are!
I promise to keep all of these promises

I would have to say though if its a decision between someone else and me choose the best because scratch deserves the best not the least.

~Silentstar  smile

we get it you already posted it 3 times you will become a curator you will!  big_smile

#1788 2010-07-09 19:21:46

warriorcat194
Scratcher

I know I already replied, but I really want the opportunity to be Scratch curator! I love rainbows, Warriors, Pokemon, and just random projects. I like the projects that are at least animated, and i think the ones done in Spanish are so cool because they show that foreign people use Scratch too!!! I love seeing different people being treated just like they're the same as everybody else. I think most of these projects are awesome.

#1789 2010-07-10 18:47:04

JIM13243
Scratcher

meh. I WOULD LOVE TO BE CURATOR! I think im good at picking projects. I've noticed that lots of curators are now just picking boring pen projects that no one wants to see. If you pick me i'll spice it up by choosing funny and exiting projects! Peace out!

-Jim13243

#1790 2010-07-11 01:51:49

Chrischb
Scratcher

Curators are given a time of two weeks.
As for project types, you can choose - but it's preferred if a good variety is shown.  wink

EDIT: For more, view the Scratch Wiki article herebig_smile

Last edited by Chrischb (2010-07-11 01:52:18)

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#1791 2010-07-11 14:07:44

kennakenna
Scratcher

I'd like to become a curator!

Edward stinks, Jacob rocks. Bella dosen't know what's best for her!!!! XD

#1792 2010-07-11 14:32:11

tweety992
Scratcher

I would like to become a curator, too, here are three I think should be on the front page:
12xPaint: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Paddle2See/237249
Mirror Mouse Art v2:http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/spidermanreader/932563
Sound Circle: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MitFan/874786

Last edited by tweety992 (2010-07-11 14:43:35)

#1793 2010-07-11 14:45:31

tweety992
Scratcher

unfortunately the links failed, but you guys can all check them out in my gallery, Art
Projects

#1794 2010-07-11 19:19:11

yoshigal
Scratcher

OMG I just rememebered my password  smile  <3 XD  big_smile  ,I love emiotocons or however it's spelled TEEHEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way whats a curatour??

Last edited by yoshigal (2010-07-11 19:20:08)

#1795 2010-07-11 21:17:06

gettysburg11
Scratcher

My speech:

I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to be a Scratch curator. As curator, I would look for well-made projects that don’t get enough credit. I would mostly focus on games, but if I find a good animation or other type of project, I will curate it as well. I may take a couple recommendations for projects if I find them worthy, but for the most part, I’ll be deciding which projects I curate. I would leave each project on the front page for about 2 days, so all the projects I curate can get an adequate amount of views and comments, and equal time on the front page. I hope that you select me as a Scratch curator

Sincerely,
gettysburg11

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/mnacmilan/LOGO_ACMILAN-Splash.gif

#1796 2010-07-11 21:22:44

Demigod920
Scratcher

I really don't mean to sound impatient, but I would still like to apply to become a Curator. I would choose diverse and unique projects, regardless of who made them. I believe that all the projects on Scratch should be rated by the effort put into them. I would like to impress upon my fellow Scratchers the sheer hard work, artistic touch, ingenuity, and explicit feeling that is put into every project that excels in its category.

I would choose a variety of projects that simply deserve to be known. Two projects would be games. The last would be animation or art. Keep in mind this is not a definite plan. I would do my best to be fair and unbiased, so as to give everyone a chance to be known as a great Scratcher.

Thanks for your valuable time.

-Demigod920

#1797 2010-07-11 21:23:31

12three
Scratcher

I thinx I'll try again- I don't know if I got looked over or not, but it can't help.

I'm 12three, (Note- the point about me being one of the oldest on the site got a bunch of people yelling at me, so I have deleted it, and replaced it with this message)  I really like getting unknown people famous. (I used to be really unpopular; 1-2 views per project), but now I'm moderately famous. I almost never put projects that have more than one hundred views in my favorites, so if you pick me, you wouldn't have to worry about already top loved or top viewed projects be on the front page again. I'd pick a variety of projects, but I'd have to say mostly games that the creator put their time a heart into, that are below one hundred views. I think I am deserving of this honor also because I love Scratch, and I am very dedicated, and I never gave up, despite how unknown I was for the first year and a half. Although not many people know me personally, they would also say that I would be a great person for the job. I hope that you take me into consideration.  big_smile

Last edited by 12three (2010-07-11 21:23:41)

#1798 2010-07-12 01:42:36

Chrischb
Scratcher

tweety992 wrote:

I would like to become a curator, too, here are three I think should be on the front page:
12xPaint: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Paddle2See/237249
Mirror Mouse Art v2:http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/spidermanreader/932563
Sound Circle: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/MitFan/874786

Projects by the Scratch Team (in this case Paddle2See) can't be curated...  sad

tweety992 wrote:

unfortunately the links failed, but you guys can all check them out in my gallery, Art Projects

Posting links like that has been disabled - but there's an alternative!  smile

Do this: [url=http://www.address/goes/here]Linked text goes here (optional)[/url]

Last edited by Chrischb (2010-07-12 01:44:46)

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#1799 2010-07-12 04:44:37

windowsapple
Scratcher

Hi.. Um.. I recently started using Scratch last week, and I was amazed with all the possibilities that was at my fingertips. I've only done a few projects myself, but the best part was seeing all these cool projects by other people in one place, in one community. I actually spend more time viewing and complimenting on other people's projects, trying to learn as much as I can while playing their games or watching their movies, so I can become a better Scratch-er myself. There are lots of projects out there that shine, but just go un-noticed. I want to help people that have truly earned a spot on the front page to actually get there. Thanks.

#1800 2010-07-12 13:27:09

Sun12855
Scratcher

Ok, I KNOW I just replyed on this forum(I deleted that post  hmm ), but I just wanted to say that I like to fav.  animations and games (mostly animations) and I can be very helpful and friendly :3 Love, Sun12855  big_smile

Oh! And I started Scratch in Nov. 09  tongue

Last edited by Sun12855 (2010-07-12 13:29:35)

Who do people walk slowly when they are scared? Say someone is in a haunted house and they walk slowly? Or say someone sees Jeff in the middle of the night or the Rake, they STARE. Why is that?

Board footer