This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-07-06 11:59:57

Danjolasaur
Scratcher

Pokemon game help

hi everyone I am currently trying to make a pokemon game using scratch and as you may know each character requires lots of costumes (for movement,etc) and, for some reason the costumes of my sprites are not appearing in the same place e.g. one costume when you click on it appears in the top right of the screen whereas one costume when you click on it appears at the bottom left corner of the screen, how do you make them all appear in the same place????

#2 2010-07-06 12:16:59

codyronaldcamp
Scratcher

Re: Pokemon game help

Danjolasaur wrote:

hi everyone I am currently trying to make a pokemon game using scratch and as you may know each character requires lots of costumes (for movement,etc) and, for some reason the costumes of my sprites are not appearing in the same place e.g. one costume when you click on it appears in the top right of the screen whereas one costume when you click on it appears at the bottom left corner of the screen, how do you make them all appear in the same place????

Mods, this is supposed to belong in All About Scratch.
Jeez, when will people learn?

http://i45.tinypic.com/332q9kz.png

#3 2010-07-07 02:44:17

Chrischb
Scratcher

Scratchers are allowed to post questions in New Scratch Members as well, aren't they?  hmm
To make them stay in the same place, you need to rip (also called sprite) them; edit the costumes and drag the images to the part of the paint editor you want them all to be in. It takes a lot of time and effort, but the result is great.  smile

I don't think I explained it very well, though - can someone please explain better?

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#4 2010-07-08 02:13:32

Flait7
Scratcher

codyronaldcamp wrote:

Danjolasaur wrote:

Mods, this is supposed to belong in All About Scratch.
Jeez, when will people learn?

This is for new scratchers, therefore he's probably new to the forums. and thought this part of the forums was for him. I wouldn't blame him.

And to answer your question all of the sprites are centered. The next time you draw a sprite look down below the colors, there's an option saying "Set Costume Center" with a button with a plus sign (+) on it, click that button and you'll see two lines, one horisontal and one vertical crossing the drawing area, where those two intersect is the center, and it'll follow your mouse.  Drag your mouse around until the center is where you want it to be (i tend to click the center of the sprite, it kinda makes sense to me) and that'll stop the sprite from jumping around in every direction when it changes sprites

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/Flait7/2248016_sm.pnghttp://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/Flait7/1827934_sm.png

Board footer