This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-07-06 20:33:06

Qweis2
Scratcher

Sounds and tempo

<pen down>How do you use tempo? I NEED TO KNOW!!!!!! NAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA(I like chocolate :3)AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA [blocks]<pen down><pen down><set pen size to(99)<when green flag clicked>

#2 2010-07-06 21:30:32

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Re: Sounds and tempo

Your question seems quite broad, so I am not sure how to answer it - but tempo is what I believe is the number of beats that occur per minute. You can change the tempo with the obviously appropriate blocks.

For example, if I had a tempo of 120 and played a note for two beats, the note would last 1 second. You can find out how long a beat will last by dividing the tempo by 60 and then making a fraction as 1/that number. And that is how tempo works!

#3 2010-07-06 22:13:25

scmb1
Scratch Team

Re: Sounds and tempo

What coolstuff said was completely true. I'll just add a few things.

In Scratch, tempo affects the blocks that have "beats" in their names only- the "play note () for () beats" block and the "play drum () for () beats." The higher the tempo, the faster sounds made with those blocks. It does not affect the "play sound ()" block- those sounds are stuck at the tempo they are.

The block can be used for many things. You can set the tempo at the beginning and change it in the middle, or you could even repeated change the tempo so the music speeds up.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2z5pqad.png

Board footer