This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-06-29 09:43:52

pyracantha
New Scratcher

Deleting a comment

How can I delete a comment I no longer want.  Also it is not easy to see the comment I added to the code?  How can I make it all visible?  Thanks

#2 2010-06-29 09:50:39

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Re: Deleting a comment

You can't use code when making comments...

Anyways, if it's a comment on one of your own projects, just press the (x) link below the comment. You can't delete comments you've made on somebody else's projects, unfortunately...

#3 2010-06-29 11:49:27

codyronaldcamp
Scratcher

It would be a good idea if we had an (edit) button on our comments.

http://i45.tinypic.com/332q9kz.png

#4 2010-06-29 11:58:10

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

codyronaldcamp, changing the names of people who made a quote can be considered disrespectful... be careful not to upset anyone by doing that  wink

pyracantha wrote:

How can I delete a comment I no longer want.  Also it is not easy to see the comment I added to the code?  How can I make it all visible?  Thanks

Ah - I think I know what you mean! The little yellow text boxes that you can put into your project to make the code easier to understand - am I right?

If so, you can right-click on the box, and select "delete" - that shoud remove it  smile

To make the whole comment visible, you can resize the text box by dragging the two parallel lines on the right side of the box  smile  Hope this helps!

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#5 2010-06-29 12:00:06

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Wolfie1996 wrote:

codyronaldcamp, changing the names of people who made a quote can be considered disrespectful... be careful not to upset anyone by doing that  wink

pyracantha wrote:

Ah - I think I know what you mean! The little yellow text boxes that you can put into your project to make the code easier to understand - am I right?

If so, you can right-click on the box, and select "delete" - that shoud remove it  smile

To make the whole comment visible, you can resize the text box by dragging the two parallel lines on the right side of the box  smile  Hope this helps!

Ah, that makes sense! I wasn't sure what pyacantha was talking about - thanks for clearing that up, Wolfie!

#6 2010-06-29 12:03:03

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

Pas de problèmes  smile

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

Board footer