This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1701 2010-06-26 15:18:25

12three
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

coolstuff wrote:

12three wrote:

henley wrote:

I doubt that. Weather you mean, online the longest, or age-wise, I still do not believe you.

ONline longest... 08er. There were a lot of 08ers, but I am one of few that are still on.

Along with me!

big_smile

Yesh! and 08jackt, coka (but coka might be 07) and some others.

#1702 2010-06-26 16:53:12

scratchgamecreator
Scratcher

I would show fun games, or obscure competitions for people to enter

#1703 2010-06-26 18:23:34

martianshark
Scratcher

And me!  big_smile

http://img.geocaching.com/stats/img.aspx?txt=martianshark&uid=e6cdc2c8-2476-4abd-9994-27f857396579&bg=1

#1704 2010-06-27 07:03:44

Subh
Scratcher

Greenboi wrote:

Subh wrote:

2 weeks

What does that have to do wit-....?

It was the answer to the previous post.
Duh

http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/skins/scratch/logo.png     I'M IN Scratch Wiki .... ARE YOU ????

#1705 2010-06-27 13:25:00

sonic94
Scratcher

can i be one

#1706 2010-06-27 23:32:30

llamallama
Scratcher

Hey lightin*. Its llamallama. Saw you at MIT, fun right. I would love tp become a curator. I have a clean scratch history and work hard on projects. Curator would make people feel special on scratch, and theres nothing more fun then making people happy.  big_smile  This can eliminate spam because i watch EVERY SCRATCH PROJECT  big_smile . I am nice to everyone and would never post negative comments. People are dying for views, and I know who they are. Please keep me in mind and it WULD BE DA bomb if i got picked. I go on scratch daily, I watch projects, and I would let people give me some of their projects to watch and maybe  feature. AWESOME. Thanks for your time to read this though it is very long.

LLAMALLAMA

#1707 2010-06-28 16:52:45

nonster
Scratcher

I think that would be really cool! But... I barely have any projects, forum posts, and i'm not famous at ALL!

- Nonster is in the HOUSE!

#1708 2010-06-28 17:04:17

The-Whiz
Scratcher

You don't have to be famous to be a curator; just be respectful and follow the terms of use and hopefully you will become one.

#1709 2010-06-28 22:57:10

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Scratch curator is a very interesting position, and one that I would like to have. I am on Scratch often, and could handle it well.

Whenever I see an interesting project, I want more people to see it. So sometimes I put them as a link in my signature. However, this gives little more than the views the project already had. As curator, I would pt these undiscovered gems where they belong, on the front page.

Nobody is perfect, and since I`m not nobody, it applies to me too. I might have broken the terms of use once or twice, but nothing that was ever that major. I see ilusionist as a user that gives me hope. A few months ago, he was banned, but now he`s turned around to become a moderator. I believ on a smaller sxale than the fairy tale success story of illusionist that I could go from a slight troublemaker, to a curator.

In summary, I find this position interesting and if given it, I would put projects in that spot that were deserving. Imight have broken a few rules here and there but I believe that I am still able to take on the curator position.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#1710 2010-06-29 14:47:02

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

soupoftomato wrote:

Scratch curator is a very interesting position, and one that I would like to have. I am on Scratch often, and could handle it well.

Whenever I see an interesting project, I want more people to see it. So sometimes I put them as a link in my signature. However, this gives little more than the views the project already had. As curator, I would pt these undiscovered gems where they belong, on the front page.

Nobody is perfect, and since I`m not nobody, it applies to me too. I might have broken the terms of use once or twice, but nothing that was ever that major. I see ilusionist as a user that gives me hope. A few months ago, he was banned, but now he`s turned around to become a moderator. I believ on a smaller sxale than the fairy tale success story of illusionist that I could go from a slight troublemaker, to a curator.

In summary, I find this position interesting and if given it, I would put projects in that spot that were deserving. Imight have broken a few rules here and there but I believe that I am still able to take on the curator position.

Great speech.  big_smile

I hope you get picked.

[blocks]<set{ Curator   }to( soupoftomato[/blocks]  tongue

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

#1711 2010-06-29 15:40:31

soupoftomato
Scratcher

illusionist wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Great speech.  big_smile

I hope you get picked.

[blocks]<set{ Curator   }to( soupoftomato[/blocks]  tongue

Lol.  tongue

Thanks!  smile

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#1712 2010-06-29 17:35:33

dungatep
Scratcher

Ilovestarwars2 wrote:

I have always loved scratch, i always want to show greatness to the scratch community, but i never get an answer. I want to be the scratch curator because a lot of people out there would think i have good taste in games or videos, and the creator would thank me for helping to support the unpopular. some people out there work so hard on projects, and they sacrafice a day or more of hard work and get nothing. i like to play around with scripts, and play around and discover and bounce my scripting around, and learn new stuff with testing. I love a lot of projects, and i believe that their should either be a guy like me as curator, or more scratchers. I always worry that after a long time, most scratches will quit, and only some will still be, and the website will lose viewers, and would shut down. But why do people quit? unpopularity, people saying that they are terrible, there animating is bad, getting insulted because they like something others don't, low messages, and more. Its sad that people give up, and for another thing, people
give up scratch for youtube, and then they get insulted on youtube too, and find it no better, and never get heard from on the web again. I decided, this would be my best choice to help keep others on. If i get to be curator, i will promise never to put anything inappropriate on the front page, I would never put on my own project for fame, and would not pick project from just one guy, even if it was one of my big fans. But for another thing,for a weird reason, most famous people get picked for the job, but I want to show, even a person with only 20 or 40 views a project, I can be a curator. I love scratch, and I thank everyone at MIT for creating it. If I become a curator, you can count on me to do the right thing.

Amen man.  smile

#1713 2010-06-29 20:27:08

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Optimax-DJ wrote:

I have asked if I could be a curator. No-one said anything since. I gave why I would be a good curator, but no-one said anything. I want to pick less known scratchers to be put on.

I will never be a curator.

So, although no scratchers will actually read this, I will now stop posting projects, for now. Annaconda GOLD EDITION will be coming out eventually but I will pretty much not post any more projects, also because I never get any veiws.

Scratch On. -Optimax-DJ

I don't believe it's that extreme. There are many deciding factors in choice of curator. Hundreds (or thousands) of Scartchers have applied for this (coveted) job, and we ar only at somewhere the thirtieth curator.

I want to pick lesser known Scratchers to be on.

That's so much of a speech right? No. You need to try, not spit the answers they want to hear, write three to four paragraphs and see how it goes. And if it doesn't work, don't worry. You can repost your speech about every month.

#1714 2010-06-29 21:34:44

Berrypaw
New Scratcher

I would like to be scratch curator. Because..
I have been on scratch for almost 2 years now. I have plenty of experience. I posted plenty of projects and know what its like to not be famous.

I want to let unknown people get famous. I see thousands of scratchers make great projects and I love them. I clcik love it and add them to friends. Then I tell people stuff like: "I saw a similar project liek that. It was by "a username" and its awesome. You amy wanna check it out"

I try to tell others helpful senscere comments to help them improve. My first friend on scratch was larry828. HE is a great help .Helped so much in scratch . But he doesnt get many veiws. I like to show others, people like him, that it doesnt matter how small, old, or anything you are, what matters most is what you create. The creativity of young minds is so interectual, and jsut amazing, that you dont know what one can create. So this is why I want to be curator.

Scratch ON!!!!

----SG7   "Beleive in something better"

<say[SG7 wants to be curator for that reason  ]for( 2 )secs>
<say[SI approve that message!   ]for( 2 )secs>

smile

#1715 2010-06-30 02:14:22

smart99
Scratcher

I Would like to be  curator. i like progects that should be realy famous but nobody knows about

#1716 2010-06-30 10:35:13

Flamebrain
Scratcher

I want to be a Curator so that projects that were hard to make and still weren't noticed will be seen. I like Art and Animation the most. I'd LOVE to be a Curator!!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2pq2c8i.gif

#1717 2010-06-30 11:03:44

henley
Scratcher

Flamebrain wrote:

I want to be a Curator so that projects that were hard to make and still weren't noticed will be seen. I like Art and Animation the most. I'd LOVE to be a Curator!!

Isn't there already too much animation and art? That is what we are trying to avoid. We want more games!

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#1718 2010-06-30 11:05:01

henley
Scratcher

Berrypaw wrote:

I have been on scratch for almost 2 years now.

It says you are a new Scratcher, and that you joined in 2010.

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#1719 2010-06-30 11:08:47

henley
Scratcher

12three wrote:

henley wrote:

12three wrote:

I'm 12three, one of the oldest active members on the site.

I doubt that. Weather you mean, online the longest, or age-wise, I still do not believe you.

ONline longest... 08er. There were a lot of 08ers, but I am one of few that are still on.

A user named "ihaveamac" and a lot of other users are from 2007. You are not even close to being one of the oldest active users on Scratch.

#1720 2010-06-30 11:12:45

markyparky56
Scratcher

12three wrote:

henley wrote:

12three wrote:

I'm 12three, one of the oldest active members on the site.

*cough* http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/6018/o8er.png *cough*

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#1721 2010-06-30 12:26:26

The-Whiz
Scratcher

markyparky56 wrote:

12three wrote:

henley wrote:

Lol, I guess you're one of the "few" too.  tongue

#1722 2010-06-30 13:00:41

militarydudes
Scratcher

markyparky56 wrote:

12three wrote:

henley wrote:

I'm an 08'er, and I know a bunch of 08'ers that are still on

__m. .m__ KILROY WAS HERE
        U

#1723 2010-06-30 22:42:52

KaceyStar
Scratcher

I will like to be a curator and i will select Crush Cups because it inspires me

here is the code:<a href='http://scratch.mit.eduhttp://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17464#req_messagehttp://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=17464#req_message Ever say no never if you want to do something

#1724 2010-07-01 07:43:14

chipguy
Scratcher

out of all scratching i have ever done, i have loved those witty and humorous projects [blocks]<if posibble>((my projects  <+>home page  )) [/blocks]       

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/chipguy/2919121_sm.png by yours truly  big_smile

#1725 2010-07-01 07:48:27

markyparky56
Scratcher

chipguy wrote:

out of all scratching i have ever done, i have loved those witty and humorous projects [blocks]<if posibble>((my projects  <+>home page  )) [/blocks]       

Um... To get on the front page you have to either have been featured, curated, or been one of the top viewed, loved or remixed projects. Theres a thread for suggesting featured projects: http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=7339

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

Board footer