This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-06-25 13:39:34

dogloverxx
New Scratcher

How do i save my Project as a GIF image or similar?

Please tell me how do i save my Project as a GIF image or similar formats? because i want to be able to save a animation on my pen drive and ba able to view it with out having to download scratch every time.

Is it even possible? 

Thanks  smile

#2 2010-06-25 14:08:34

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

Re: How do i save my Project as a GIF image or similar?

Unfortunately, I don't think this is possible  sad  But, if the computer that you want to play the project on has internet connectivity, and you can use Java on it, you could upload the project, and view it online.  smile

Alternatively, you could load Scratch onto your pen drive, and run it off there  big_smile

Hope this helps!  smile

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#3 2010-06-25 14:09:23

waveOSBeta
Scratcher

screenshot  tongue

http://internetometer.com/image/10202.png]
New signature coming soon!  smile

#4 2010-06-25 14:13:19

coka
Scratcher

You could take a video of your screen with some screen camera software. Just do a search for Screen Cam on google, then you can convert the video to a gif using some software, or gifninja.com which only allows 4 second clips. This process is a little complex, so you could also just take a screenshot (Prt Screen), or save a picture of the stage by right clicking on it and selecting save picture of stage. Hope this helps you out!  wink

http://i42.tinypic.com/2rot8c2.png

#5 2010-06-25 14:41:32

hmnwilson
Scratcher

It's impossible to do because Scratch projects are interactive, but coka's idea is the next best thing.

I'm taking a break from Scratch until 2.0 comes out. Any messages sent between then and now probably won't be read - sorry.
(Oct. 20, 2011)

#6 2010-06-25 15:56:38

Greatdane
Scratcher

dogloverxx wrote:

Please tell me how do i save my Project as a GIF image or similar formats? because i want to be able to save a animation on my pen drive and ba able to view it with out having to download scratch every time.

Is it even possible? 

Thanks  smile

It is partially possible.

Right click on the background and select "save picture of stage". It'll save a screenshot as a GIF image, exactly what you needed, except one. Just skip to different parts of the project, take a screenshot, and combine them together using GIMP.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#7 2010-06-25 17:42:56

dogloverxx
New Scratcher

Thanks for the help everyone! I will try your ideas  smile

Board footer