This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#326 2010-06-19 10:14:57

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Re: The Scratch Wiki

Subh wrote:

Can anyone make a page on RPG on Wiki?
I dont know anything about RPG and so I'm asking you.
Thanks

BTW, i've made a page on AI.

Yes, if you know of a popular RPG on scratch (such as on a gallery or something), you can create an article, but it should end with "(RPG)"  wink

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#327 2010-06-19 10:32:06

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

Lucario621 wrote:

Hmm. Well that was in order to recieve that password - I thought you were referring to the new password to the account, like the default password. Perhaps it was my misunderstanding.... sorry.

It's OK ^^ My initial post wasn't very clear - I can see how you got confused.

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#328 2010-06-19 13:33:25

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Great job to all of the editors! I like all of the new articles, as they are all going very well, and are building great.

#329 2010-06-19 14:02:17

terminator68
Scratcher

May I have an account on this Scratch Wiki? My 2 answers to the 2 questions are the following:
1)I think it would be very fun to help out the Scratch Community and make new pages on the wiki.
2)I would make new pages on the wiki and fix mistakes (such as spelling errors and incorrect information). I will also help out other people making pages on the wiki.

Last edited by terminator68 (2010-06-19 14:11:49)

--------------------Scratcher since '08--------------------
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110314152018/mlpfanart/images/5/5d/Applejack_chewing.gif

#330 2010-06-19 20:19:39

Chrischb
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

Subh wrote:

Thanks

Yes, if you know of a popular RPG on scratch (such as on a gallery or something), you can create an article, but it should end with "(RPG)"  wink

What if it goes mad and half the articles are RPGs? xP

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#331 2010-06-19 20:26:45

archmage
Scratcher

I find it kind of disappointing that no one was put up any guides or tutorials yet. I'll probably put one up later next week but it would be good to have a few such articles and a "guides and tutorials" category.

Hi, I am Archmage coder extraordinaire. I do Scratch,pascal,java,php,html, AS2 and AS3. Leave me a message if you want coding advice. Also check out my personal website, lots of good stuff about web development, Flash, and Scratch (v1 and v2) !

#332 2010-06-19 20:27:32

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

Subh wrote:

Thanks

Groups are allowed also - but aritcles on groups and RPGs are only allowed if the group/RPG has more than one person and has created at least one project.  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#333 2010-06-19 20:38:33

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Chrischb wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

Subh wrote:

Thanks

Yeah - for some reason that doesn't matter to andres.  hmm

#334 2010-06-19 20:43:09

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

Yeah - for some reason that doesn't matter to andres.  hmm

I still don't get why we're keeping group and RPG articles when there's only one supporter and three non-supporters.  hmm

A lot of Scratchers are probably going to create articles on all their little groups and RPGs... they probably won't follow the restrictions, anyway.

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#335 2010-06-19 20:53:12

Chrischb
Scratcher

An idea: Because the RPG articles wanted are the popular ones, make an article that lists popular RPGs!  big_smile

#336 2010-06-19 21:14:33

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Well, I'm not sure the point of the Wiki was to make personalized articles for projects of yours, etc...

Although I do like the double-mention of my projects in the AI article  smile

#337 2010-06-19 21:38:45

Chrischb
Scratcher

coolstuff wrote:

Well, I'm not sure the point of the Wiki was to make personalized articles for projects of yours, etc...

Yeah... projects and such aren't allowed, actually.

But RPGs are?  hmm
Meh... they should at least share an article; the existing ones aren't long anyway.

#338 2010-06-19 21:44:52

Aidan
Scratcher

Chrischb wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

But RPGs are?  hmm
Meh... they should at least share an article; the existing ones aren't long anyway.

There's only two articles about two of the most popular RPGs.

#339 2010-06-19 21:45:21

coolstuff
Community Moderator

Chrischb wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

But RPGs are?  hmm

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with my post, but I guess I wasn't even close to being clear  tongue

#340 2010-06-19 22:00:05

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

coolstuff wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

But RPGs are?  hmm

Yeah, that's what I was getting at with my post, but I guess I wasn't even close to being clear  tongue

Four supporters against articles on groups and RPGs and only one for them... why are we going with the one person's opinion instead of the majority? Yeah, it's Andrés that wants the articles, but isn't he just as high on the wiki as everyone else?  hmm

-Charlotte Brontë

#341 2010-06-19 23:16:09

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

archmage wrote:

I find it kind of disappointing that no one was put up any guides or tutorials yet. I'll probably put one up later next week but it would be good to have a few such articles and a "guides and tutorials" category.

That would be awesome! I've been waiting for the time you get to write tutorials. They would be a big hit. We have a lot of documentation to get people started with basic stuff but not much with more advanced topics such as your famous scrolling background techniques.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#342 2010-06-19 23:22:30

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Chrischb wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

Subh wrote:

Thanks

It will not go "mad". We will not have a wiki where half of the articles are about only one specific thing  wink  I suggest not crowding this thread and using the Wiki Talk Pages to have content-specific discussions. If you want to read more about what I've written about this go to this talk page.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#343 2010-06-20 01:51:13

tigerstripe
Scratcher

I've tried to Sign Up, but the system wouldn't let me.  yikes  Is that a bug, or my computer? Btw, I tried this morning so.... Idk if that helps, and I won't try right now. (Don't ask me why) Mind givin' me an answer? ^^

Life is the most inspriring, encouraging, and heartwarming symphony. The lyrics are just messed up.

#344 2010-06-20 02:18:30

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

It's not a bug... it's intentional. To get an account, you request on this topic - by requesting to have an account instead of just making one, we can be sure that the user tigerstripe on the wiki is the same tigerstripe on the Scratch Forums.
I'll put you in the list...  wink
List:

Aidan
schism
terminator68
tigerstripe

-Charlotte Brontë

#345 2010-06-20 03:26:55

WeirdF
Scratcher

So has BulboGrubb been added?

If so I'll tell him...

http://i.cr3ation.co.uk/dl/s1/gif/847032b8a331def77529b6a0384db1fe_handfingers.gif

#346 2010-06-20 03:31:01

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Yeah, he has.  smile

-Charlotte Brontë

#347 2010-06-20 07:04:52

Subh
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

coolstuff wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

But RPGs are?  hmm

Four supporters against articles on groups and RPGs and only one for them... why are we going with the one person's opinion instead of the majority? Yeah, it's Andrés that wants the articles, but isn't he just as high on the wiki as everyone else?  hmm

Five of them.... Count me in  smile

Only 1 page of RPG Should be there(main article) and all the rest Major RPGs should be in section-WELL KNOWN RPGs(in article RPG) where only a brief description of the Rpgs should be there.

Can anyone please see the articles I have created and improve on them?

My articles will have almost no pics so if Anyone can insert images, it would be very helpful. Thank You.

P.S. I feel there should be more Bureaucrats now.(2 people are not enough, especially considering that it took me 7 pages of thread to get an account.)
If that is the speed then NOBODY except the EXTREMELY enthusiastic will bother waiting.

We can also create a class of Administrators, who review the newly written topics, classify them and improve them,make suggestions and add more details and also help the writer of the topic in writing better articles.

THAT WILL TAKE A LOT OF PRESSURE OFF ANDERSMH AND LUCARIO AND MAKING ACCOUNTS WILL BE A LOT EASIER.

(All this has been written taking into consideration that we are allowing Virtually Everone who requests to get an Account.)

P.S. We need an OFFICIAL WIKI (STICKY) THREAD WHERE NOBODY WILL HAVE TO BOTHER GOING THROUGH JUNK (AS THERE WILL BE NONE)

smile

http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/skins/scratch/logo.png     I'M IN Scratch Wiki .... ARE YOU ????

#348 2010-06-20 07:13:38

Chrischb
Scratcher

Subh wrote:

P.S. I feel there should be more Bureaucrats now.(2 people are not enough, especially considering that it took me 7 pages of thread to get an account.)

Actually, there are more bureaucrats than that - there are four: Lucario621, JSO, Andresmh, and Scratchteam.  smile

#349 2010-06-20 07:19:30

Subh
Scratcher

My current work on WIKI- Making a few more pages (about which I know), adding links, creating Redirects, and so on...

Plz add Images to every topic I give (since I'm not too good at images)I loved it that every page had many pics. Scratch On.

I would love it If i can be promoted  wink

(Bureaucrator/Admin/...)

Last edited by Subh (2010-06-20 07:20:01)

http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/skins/scratch/logo.png     I'M IN Scratch Wiki .... ARE YOU ????

#350 2010-06-20 07:33:33

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

I think we're keeping group and RPG articles, Subh...  smile

Glad you're working on the wiki!  big_smile

I don't think the wiki needs any more administrators... but if the tools would really come in handy to you, then ask about being an administrator.  wink

There is no reason to be a bureaucrat - and it gives you duties and such.  yikes  Being a bureaucrat lets you create accounts, edit the user rights and not be affected by rate limits - and administrators get the third one as well.  tongue  Being a bureaucrat really isn't that useful...  big_smile

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2010-06-20 07:36:49)

-Charlotte Brontë

Board footer