This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-06-11 05:24:08

helltank
Scratcher

How do I run for moderator?

Yes, I know I am a noob, but can't a boy be ambitious? So please do not troll with stuff like,

NOOBS LEIK U WILL NEVER BE A MOD

or I will repay your comment with a flag. However, explanations of why I can never be a mod(that has nothing to do with me being noob-see my sig) will be accepted, as long as they are based on fact and not just,

I don't think the Scratch Team will accept you because you have too low a post count.

Example of a good why-you-cannot-be-a-mod explanation:

I'm sorry, but you cannot be a mod because Paddle2See said that no mod can have a post count below 100. (link to forum post)

Sorry for the many quotes, if you didn't like it  sad

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

#2 2010-06-11 14:13:11

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

Re: How do I run for moderator?

D'aw, the quotes are OK - they make topics look a lot more organised to me  smile  Also, I apologise in advance for the wall of text!  tongue

Well, you'd certainly make a great mod someday! You seem really helpful, and friendly, too - both great qualities! I like the way you structure your guides, as well  big_smile

However, your account might be a little young for you to be a mod yet - if I remember correctly, your account must be over six months old to run for moderator. The elections happen once every four months, and the next one's in September or October... but that would still make your account too young  sad  Maybe try again in the election in January/February 2011?  hmm

I don't think that you "can never be a mod" - in fact, you'd be awesome!  big_smile  A way to improve your chances would be to post as many helpful posts as you can (I see you do this already - keep up the good work!), and to report anything that you think is inappropriate, spam, or in the wrong place. Just generally trying to help keep the forums clean!

Other than that - good luck!  smile

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#3 2010-06-11 16:59:24

DaGamez
Scratcher

Great post, Wolfie! You're also an awesome moderator  smile
And to helltank (Maybe change the username? 5 year-olds might take it the wrong way), in 2011 you can run. Even if you're less than an year facing 07'ers, you still have a chance! Wolfie's less than an year old, and she beat 07'ers. You'd be a great moderator, I can tell.

Oh, and, as Wolfie said, you should help on the forums. The best places to help would be on All About Scratch, Suggestions (To support or be against suggestions, depending on your opinion), and Miscelleanous (I can never spell that right... xD), for when people are having problems outside of scratch. Also report as much bad stuff as possible, to make Scratch a better community, and to have more possibilities to be a moderator.

P.S. Now you have support from a girl (Wolfie) and a boy (Me)!

More important P.S., if you have an account from before, but you don't want to use it because you got cyber-bullied, etc., just go to your other account, send a message saying that you're helltank (Again with the username xD), and they'll let you be in the next one. The same thing happened to me. Nobody knows my other account except the scratch team, and they'll let me run. I also first visited scratch in '07, but I made no account, so sadly, I have no proof  sad

I wish you the best of luck Tank!

http://scratchhtmlviewer.net23.net/image.php?project=1229757&user=DaGamez

#4 2010-06-11 18:04:16

shamrocker
Scratcher

DaGamez wrote:

Great post, Wolfie! You're also an awesome moderator  smile
And to helltank (Maybe change the username? 5 year-olds might take it the wrong way), in 2011 you can run. Even if you're less than an year facing 07'ers, you still have a chance! Wolfie's less than an year old, and she beat 07'ers. You'd be a great moderator, I can tell.

Oh, and, as Wolfie said, you should help on the forums. The best places to help would be on All About Scratch, Suggestions (To support or be against suggestions, depending on your opinion), and Miscelleanous (I can never spell that right... xD), for when people are having problems outside of scratch. Also report as much bad stuff as possible, to make Scratch a better community, and to have more possibilities to be a moderator.

P.S. Now you have support from a girl (Wolfie) and a boy (Me)!

More important P.S., if you have an account from before, but you don't want to use it because you got cyber-bullied, etc., just go to your other account, send a message saying that you're helltank (Again with the username xD), and they'll let you be in the next one. The same thing happened to me. Nobody knows my other account except the scratch team, and they'll let me run. I also first visited scratch in '07, but I made no account, so sadly, I have no proof  sad

I wish you the best of luck Tank!

Btw, DaGamez, email me your old account name and pass. I'll get back at the cyberbullies for ya.  wink
Also, To Helltank, you have two girls(me and Wolfie) and a boy(Gamez).

http://i46.tinypic.com/2s1b32e.png
respect the oxford comma

#5 2010-06-12 09:04:08

helltank
Scratcher

Thanks for all your support everyone! Btw shamrocker, if you DO get back at the cyberbullies, you would be breaking 2 rules:No hacking and no Disrespectful.... no offense  big_smile

Error:Signature could not load. Please wait for an indefinite amount of time, until you realize you're gullible and go off to look for another potentially interesting signature to stare at.

#6 2010-06-12 09:24:31

DaGamez
Scratcher

@Sham... You shall nevereth hack me  tongue
@Tank... You're welcome, and I hope you do become a mod someday!

http://scratchhtmlviewer.net23.net/image.php?project=1229757&user=DaGamez

Board footer