This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-05-25 13:32:33

spartan1803
Scratcher

needing help making a platform game

hey guys, im new to the site and i work for the boys and girls club. this summer i am going to be teaching my kids how to make games using scratch. im sure most of them will want to make a platform game. i have been making my own called elite crusher (halo based game). i have been teaching myself how to do things but i only have a week left till the kids get here and i start teaching them how to use this program. with my game so far i have got my sprite to move and jump. i have different backgrounds and a working splash screen. what i want to do with the game is to get the protaganist to jump on an eiltes head and have the elite dissapear and tie in a score for every eilte nutralized.different levels will come with different ways to " kill" the elites like plasma nades hitting the elites and killing them. i have been having problems getting the elite to dissapear when jumped on and that if i miss when i jump on its head and the elite touches the spartan then the spartan will loose health. PLZ HELP!

#2 2010-05-25 19:23:52

PlayWithFire
Scratcher

Re: needing help making a platform game

okay well the simplest way i could think of would be to split the sprite into two.  the head could be one part and the body could be the other part.  if master chief was touching the body he could lose health, but if he was touching the head the elite would hide.  to make it more efficient you could make it so that master chiefs feet are a separate sprite and that if they touch the elite's head then both the elite and it's head dies.

you could also use a colour system by recoloring the top part of the elites head and the bottom of master chiefs shoes.  then you could say that master chief only gets hurt if not color () touching color ().  you could also make it so that when color () touching color () the elite hides

those are two easy ways to do it!  hope that helps.

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/PlayWithFire/1610180_sm.png
Check out the DG Games Website For the latest news on games like Infected

#3 2010-05-27 00:37:11

spartan1803
Scratcher

Re: needing help making a platform game

ok i'll see if i can figure it out. thank you

Board footer