This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-05-29 21:59:03

chibit
Scratcher

Sound not working in java applet

Hi, just a small problem i've been having with a project made in scratch. In the program when I preview it the sounds work and everything (they are drumbeats, and you can hear them so its probably not a midi issue) but when saving it in java output, it no longer works (in fact an error message displays saying something about the soundbank file not loading correctly or something, but it is in the folder as well...)

Some help with this would be appreciated  smile

#2 2007-05-31 21:05:14

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Re: Sound not working in java applet

Do you have the Java sound banks installed in your PC? In theory it should be downloaded automatically but apparently it is not. More info on soundbanks here: http://java.sun.com/products/java-media/sound/soundbanks.html

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

#3 2007-06-01 09:42:19

jsimone
Scratcher

Andre,
I updated the soundbank to the highest quality for the JRE and there is still something wrong with the percussion sounds.  While the instrument notes sound good, the drum and percussion sounds seem to be the wrong sounds.

It seems as if echo and reverb is cranked way high on these sounds .. as if the sounds were played inside of a giant steel drum!

Otherwise sound perfect in the Scratch desktop programming environment.

#4 2007-07-05 13:13:53

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Very strange jsimione. I think it might be something with your machine. Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

Board footer