This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1276 2010-03-24 16:37:35

markyparky56
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Greenboi wrote:

illusionist wrote:

Greenboi wrote:

this is getting pretty off-topic... wait, what was the topic?  lol

Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage.

lol, it was a joke.  tongue

XD lol
ok, lets get back ontopic.

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#1277 2010-03-27 04:00:23

saltandpepper
Scratcher

I would like to become a curator.....please?

In the Land of Peaches, don't ask for Applesauce.  cool

#1278 2010-03-27 05:39:18

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Just a reminder to everyone: Please make your speech descriptive and explain everything. I'll quote Lightnin:

Lightnin wrote:

Tell us the kind of projects you'd like to show, and why you want to show them. We'll choose curators that represent the diversity of the Scratch Community - girls, boys, gamers, storytellers, animators - Scratchers of all kinds! We especially like to choose Scratchers who have been helpful and contributing members of the Scratch community.

Just remember that stuff when you're writing your speech.  wink

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#1279 2010-03-27 05:48:32

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator.

Over my time in Scratch, I've met plenty of projects that are great and deserve the front page - but they are not on there, and have never been.

Curators can fix this problem - I would like to do my part and help as well.

I have seen plenty of projects, through different subjects and styles. Here are some of the projects that I would curate:

The Digital Yoyo
Space Exploration Scout Version 1.0
Centipede

These projects are nice, but they're not popular. I would curate them - they deserve something.

I have done some planning - I have some project genres in mind, and a nice collection of projects that I'm interested in curating. I won't keep everything final though; a great project might appear at any moment.

Please consider me as a curator.  smile

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#1280 2010-03-27 06:26:18

markyparky56
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

Over my time in Scratch, I've met plenty of projects that are great and deserve the front page - but they are not on there, and have never been.

I have seen plenty of projects, through different subjects and styles. Here are some of the projects that I would curate:

The Digital Yoyo
Centipede

These projects are nice, but they're not popular. I would curate them - they deserve something.

I have done some planning - I have some project genres in mind, and a nice collection of projects that I'm interested in curating. I won't keep everything final though; a great project might appear at any moment.

Nice speech, clear and simple.

Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#1281 2010-03-27 06:52:43

Chrischb
Scratcher

I like clear and simple.  tongue
Who needs to write a page of text?  big_smile

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

#1282 2010-03-27 06:55:18

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

markyparky56 wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

I like clear and simple.

Thanks guys! Your enthusiasm feels awesome.  smile

-Charlotte Brontë

#1283 2010-03-27 07:04:02

markyparky56
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

markyparky56 wrote:

Chrischb wrote:

I like clear and simple.

Thanks guys! Your enthusiasm feels awesome.  smile

Feels, or is?

#1284 2010-03-27 09:55:18

mario555
Scratcher

Hi i would like to become a curator because  there are many scratchers out there who have great projects, with lots of animation and great drawings. The main point I'm trying to get across is that there are lots of scratchers out there who work really hard on their projects and don't get many views or love its, I've noticed that. So if you accept me and let me become a curator I promise I will show as many interesting and fun videos that the whole scratch community will love. Thank you for your time.

#1285 2010-03-27 09:58:40

demosthenes
Retired Community Moderator

Jonathanpb wrote:

The Digital Yoyo
Centipede

My chances of being curator just shrunk  wink

Nice speech, I like it far better than mine.

I've taken a long hiatus, but I still visit sometimes. Give me some time to answer any messages you post on my projects!

#1286 2010-03-27 09:58:59

markyparky56
Scratcher

mario555 wrote:

Hi i would like to become a curator because  there are many scratchers out there who have great projects, with lots of animation and great drawings. The main point I'm trying to get across is that there are lots of scratchers out there who work really hard on their projects and don't get many views or love its, I've noticed that. So if you accept me and let me become a curator I promise I will show as many interesting and fun videos that the whole scratch community will love. Thank you for your time.

Hopefuly not only videos, but nice speech, I dont really enoy watching videos on the scratch website.  smile

#1287 2010-03-28 01:31:34

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

demosthenes wrote:

Jonathanpb wrote:

The Digital Yoyo
Centipede

My chances of being curator just shrunk  wink

Nice speech, I like it far better than mine.

Don't worry - you might be a curator someday.  wink

Anyway, thanks for the compliments, everyone! I really appreciate it.  smile

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2010-03-28 01:31:55)

-Charlotte Brontë

#1288 2010-03-28 06:11:50

DarkForce1998
Scratcher

lol

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qw381g.png

#1289 2010-03-28 11:03:09

bbowza5
Scratcher

if i were a scratch Curator i would pick the most veiwed and downloaded videos and games

#1290 2010-03-28 11:05:46

bbowza5
Scratcher

i would love to be a curator and pick all the top games and i wouldn't choose them by if i like them i would choose them by the most downloaded vidios with good comments

#1291 2010-03-28 15:19:07

lucari0
Scratcher

I would love being curator. I would not be sexist or something like that because i am a true gentleman and will only pick some of the best out there no matter what gender, or if they are not nice to other users. :p

Don't walk the plank until you've experienced the ship.

#1292 2010-03-28 17:19:52

kayybee
Scratcher

kingfatal1020 wrote:

I NEED to be a curator because my projects are SOME OF the best.
and i post them during school hours so they dont get many views because by the time ppl log on my projects arent on the homepage.
and because i NEVER see them on the homepage.

When you are a curator, you don't curate your own projects...

#1293 2010-03-29 23:15:47

kayybee
Scratcher

To whom it may concern:
      I am interested in becoming a curator for the following reasons:
1. I would like to show interesting, good yet simple projects that I believe should be revealed to the world that currently are not.
2. I would like to make people feel better about their skills on Scratch by making some users get on the front page.
3. I think this is an interesting job and I am curious to receive a job on Scratch.
4. I would like to make new friends and discover projects more often.
I believe I am qualified enough to become a curator for the following reasons:
1. I think I am a very good Scratcher, nevertheless good at evaluating.
2. I can judge the quality of a project not just based on how much I like it, but how much the community would like it and compared to their Scratching skill.
3. Even though I am only 3 months old on Scratch, I have learned an awful lot of things. I learn quickly and I can easily catch onto the curatorship.
4. I can pick a diverse variety of projects and will always make sure there are different types of projects that I curate.
5. I am on Scratch every day and I was on Scratch everyday since I started, so I can view new projects every day.
6. I will not just pick games or art, I will also pick educational projects.
7. I will not just judge projects by how good they are, but how good they are compared to their level.

Thank you for reading this message for the Scratch Team. Please choose me as the next curator. Thank you and Scratch on!
                                                                        -kayybee   smile

Last edited by kayybee (2010-10-10 01:39:59)

#1294 2010-03-30 01:25:21

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

kayybee wrote:

To whom it may concern:
1. I would like to show interesting, good yet simple projects that I believe should be revealed to the world that currently are not.
2. I would like to make people feel better about their skills on Scratch by making some users get on the front page.
3. I think this is an interesting job and I am curious to receive a job on Scratch.
2. I can judge the quality of a project not just based on how much I like it, but how much the community would like it and compared to their Scratching skill.
3. Even though I am only 3 months old on Scratch, I have learned an awful lot of things. I learn quickly and I can easily catch onto the curatorship.
4. I can pick a diverse variety of projects and will always make sure there are different types of projects that I curate.
5. I am on Scratch every day and I was on Scratch everyday since I started, so I can view new projects every day.
7. I will not just judge projects by how good they are, but how good they are compared to their level.

Thank you for reading this message for the Scratch Team. Please choose me as the next curator. Thank you and Scratch on!
                                                                        -kayybee   smile

That's a nice speech!

And it seems to be written in a unique style.  wink

-Charlotte Brontë

#1295 2010-03-30 08:39:56

markyparky56
Scratcher

Jonathanpb wrote:

kayybee wrote:

To whom it may concern:

-kayybee   smile

That's a nice speech!

And it seems to be written in a unique style.  wink

Its a list of points, sort of like what someone would write when they are going to make a presentation. Which is a good way to do it.

#1296 2010-03-30 09:29:16

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Thanks to greenflash for showing us a bunch of cool projects! The next curator is Chrischb.  smile

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#1297 2010-03-30 10:02:20

dun198
Scratcher

well you see i've been working realy hard on a project and it's finale complete i love admireing other unreconized  project some only have as few as five veiws but i don't think all that effort should be put to waste so i think that i should be picked because the some of the best work cant be seen

#1298 2010-03-30 10:17:34

markyparky56
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Thanks to greenflash for showing us a bunch of cool projects! The next curator is Chrischb.  smile

Congrats to Chrischb!

#1299 2010-03-30 17:12:34

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

markyparky56 wrote:

Lightnin wrote:

Congrats to Chrischb!

Congratulations!  smile

-Charlotte Brontë

#1300 2010-03-30 17:30:38

bizzyb98
Scratcher

i would like to be ai curator pls!

Board footer