This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1076 2010-02-10 13:50:22

matthew0713
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I would like to be a curator if possible.

play scratch 4 hours a day!

#1077 2010-02-10 13:52:15

matthew0713
Scratcher

My dream is to be a curator i will get my friends onto it too.  big_smile

What do you have to do now.

Last edited by matthew0713 (2010-02-10 13:53:41)

#1078 2010-02-10 14:16:57

markyparky56
Scratcher

matthew0713 wrote:

Your dream is to be the scratch curator?

http://j.mp/jgVnTq
Check out my game engine development site: NewDawn I'm a Level 171 Scratcher.I am http://bit.ly/nkvLNT

#1079 2010-02-10 19:26:14

Chatter
Scratcher

Just reposting (3 times what the heck am I doing?  hmm ) so you know I'm still interested.  big_smile  I found a ton of great unoticed projects too.  smile

markyparky56 wrote:

matthew0713 wrote:

Your dream is to be the scratch curator?

lol

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2339/mcdonaldsjoke.gifAll your problems are like batter when you add a little Chatter, because when you have Chat, you're safe from bats.  big_smile
"And so?" - The little people in my brain|Status: Snow in April?

#1080 2010-02-10 20:38:08

reis27
Scratcher

I would like to become a curator. I would choose...
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Chazy123/69612
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Hidden-Heart/874225
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/kinsmith/853212
                        Thank you!
                                           -reis27

#1081 2010-02-11 00:03:04

kayybee
Scratcher

I would like to become a scratch curator if possible. I am most interested in projects with good ideas, or hard work put into it, but they are unviewed. I would like to make hidden projects popular. Thank you!  smile

-kayybee

#1082 2010-02-11 00:14:14

Greatdane
Scratcher

I'm still interested in "curatorship".

Do I need to repost my speech again?

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#1083 2010-02-11 00:27:47

kayybee
Scratcher

<when green flag clicked>
<switch to costume[ kayybee ]
<forever>
<if><say[ may i please be a curator? ]for( 5 )secs>
<switch to costume[ Scratch team ]
<say[ Okay. ]for( 5 )secs>
<switch to costume[ kayybee ]
<say[ Thank you! ]for( 100 )secs>
<end>

Please do the above! Thank you! -kayybee  tongue

#1084 2010-02-11 08:58:38

kingfatal1020
Scratcher

I NEED to be a curator because my projects are SOME OF the best.
and i post them during school hours so they dont get many views because by the time ppl log on my projects arent on the homepage.
and because i NEVER see them on the homepage.

#1085 2010-02-11 10:33:26

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Dragonrider13025 wrote:

Hi! Ive always loved making flash animations, and think becoming curator would be cool! So... Tell me... What do you have to do?   > smile

We're always curious to know what kind of projects Scratchers are interested in and why they find them interesting / fun / cool / whatever! Is there a theme that describes the kinds of projects you'd like to show? (For example, projects about a certain character, or projects in space, or projects based on one of your favorite stories.)  How are the projects you'd like to show different from those that often show up on the front page? These are just examples of the kinds of things that would help us get an idea of what's important to you as a Scratcher.

I think being curator is kind of like being a DJ. DJ's don't make the music they play, they play their favorite tracks based on what they think is interesting.

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#1086 2010-02-11 13:14:49

LS97
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:
i'd love to be a curator! it's true, my gallery has been featured recently, and i do have quite a lot of experience in choosing projects! the downside is that my favourite projects are OSes, and the gallery was great because people added and i checked. here it would be me that goes and adds. but i was wondering if by any chance i would be allowed to choose the best of those in my gallery mixed in with some tutorials, and add one a day (that way each project would be visible for 3 days). i really wouldnt mind if you chose me in a month or so, ive been in scratch for almost a year and got gradually better, and wouldn't mind waiting another bit for this great opportunity! of course, i would add any kind of project if i thought it awesome...

To finish off, if you dont like my idea of being a curator im letting you know that i would like to be a more active participant in the communtiy, and that any little job can make me happy.

Thanks for everything,
     Scratch on!

---LS97---

I like you're additude. I suggest haging out in the forums alot, its the first step to being more active.

great idea! ill try...

#1087 2010-02-11 17:49:05

Aelic7
Scratcher

I would like to apply for curator if possible, please. I know I don't have too many projects or galleries, but my projects are pretty good and I have seen some pretty cool stuff on scratch.

Last edited by Aelic7 (2010-02-11 17:50:43)

#1088 2010-02-11 18:20:38

Mermaid341
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator.  I don't have very many projects because my computer crashes when I try to share them, so I enjoy looking for unique projects created by others.  It is important to me that good Scratchers' talents are recognized, and that projects that are good but don't get many favorites, love its or even views can be more well known among the Scratch community.

Thank you,
Mermaid

http://members.cox.net/zmedico/my_software/rimanip/anim/animation_sample.gif

#1089 2010-02-13 09:54:41

mowzerkitty
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator!  smile

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll28/XxnamelessfreakxX/Webcomics/Homestuck/homestuckkidstrolls.png

#1090 2010-02-13 15:40:10

prairieprincess
Scratcher

I would like to show AMV's, or Animated Music Videos. These projects are a little-appreciated type of Scratch project that the creators work their butts off on. Believe me, I know from personal experience. I think they should be in the limelight, even for just a little while.

~prairieprincess~

#1091 2010-02-13 16:04:55

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

floatingmagictree wrote:

Dear Scratch Team,

I, floatingmagictree, would like to take the job as curator. I have become exceedingly popular in the past few months, getting on the front page 9 times! It was a wonderful feeling when my project Twisted Wizard got on Top Viewed, and I would like to share that feeling with others, via curation. And just in time for the holiday season! I have also contributed to the community and helped others, so you know that you can trust me!

I have many sources for which projects I will choose, because I add every non-noticed and well made project I've seen in my gallery, FMT's Picks (which was a featured gallery a little while ago)!

Among the projects in "FMT's Picks"are games and simulations that seem that a lot of work was put into them. Those projects are what I am looking for, and they are the ones I seek to make well-known.

During my period as curator, I will choose 21 projects, selecting three new projects every two days. Among these projects will be two projects from my gallery FMT's picks, and one from this wonderful list that andresmh had compiled: Active Members.

So please, Scratch Team, choose me as your next curator!

~FMT

Just reposting my speech that I made 7 pages ago.

Last edited by floatingmagictree (2010-02-13 16:05:26)

#1092 2010-02-13 16:19:16

RHY3756547
Scratcher

I think it would be fun for me and the scratch community to be a curator.

[/speech]

#1093 2010-02-13 22:51:13

nikki99
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. I would put up tutorial videos, because many scratchers need them.

#1094 2010-02-14 07:38:06

rdococ
Scratcher

matthew0713 wrote:

I would like to be a curator if possible.

[fake signature removed by rdococ[

Me too.
I love to be an curator.

#1095 2010-02-14 16:18:11

boysrule
Scratcher

I wanna be one  big_smile

#1096 2010-02-15 09:09:48

silvery
Scratcher

ok this sounds like a really good idea! i would pick projects that are really good, and that deserve to be choosen.

#1097 2010-02-15 12:52:52

NewlandBB
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator, given the opportunity. I would show projects that have an interesting spark or a difference to them, or are programmed in a way that makes the most out of the Scratch style of programming.

For Scratch Related Content, including tutorials for help with Scratch & My opinion of the Scratch 2.0 Alpha , check out my Youtube Channel!
Username: iAmNewlandBB

#1098 2010-02-15 12:58:27

LWB
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator because i've seen loads of really good projects on Scratch which aren't getting enough credit for how good they are and I would like to show everyone these projects so they get the credit they deserve.

#1099 2010-02-15 17:24:23

pinochio
Scratcher

I am pinochio, I have been on Scratch for a decently longt time (Almost a year), and over the course of that year I have learned MANY new things. I started off not knowing how to program anything, that did not involve the glide, Wait secs, and Hide block. So, I started asking for advice in the forums, downloading projects, and asking other experienced Scratchers. All of them have helped, to program pretty advanced, and creative things. And they have really taught me to use Scratch to its fullest potential. Now, people ask me for help, and I always gladly answer their questions, or upload a demo project.

I really do not care if I am on the front page sometimes, because it does not affect what projects I like, therefor, I would be a fair curator. I would pick Projects with many views, or little. For me it does not matter, as I pick projects that I like. Everyone always states they would pick projects with little views, but isn't the whole point of curator to show off projects you enjoy? Of course, I would still feature some projects without many views. I am on Scratch a lot, and would update the projects daily, or 2 projects every 2 days (I am still figuring that out).

I enjoy extremely creative projects, and programming is not the MAIN part of what type of things I would choose. If I think the project is entertaining, (Even if it was simple) I would most certainly curate it. I also like Gadgets, tools, and OS' as they show what type of potential Scratch has, and all the cool things that can be made with it. Generally, I will do my best to curate all categories of projects, whether they are absolute uncanny, fun, happy, or tragic projects.

The Scratch team wants to pick Scratchers who have been nice and helpful on this website.... This is the one point where I do not achieve maximum points at. I love to help people, as stated above, but in all honesty, I may have said some rude things on the website. Sometimes I use mild insults, do not use appropriate language, or upload projects with some music on it that has bad words in it. For all this, I apologize. I believe though, that over the past 3 months I have stopped doing the occasional bad thing, and my overall Scratch'havior has improved. In this paragraph, it seems like all I do is bad things, well that is wrong. It is just occasional.

I hope you may consider me being a curator, and that perhaps that will happen someday. I will try not to post in this thread anymore (No promises...) and I will just see what happens.

That was an older speech... And I guess me getting banned did not help me to become a curator. As you may now, I am leaving Scratch, but mabye for my last weeks I could curate? That would be nice, and awesome

Thanks

Flat Out G

#1100 2010-02-15 17:58:42

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

pinochio wrote:

I am pinochio, I have been on Scratch for a decently longt time (Almost a year), and over the course of that year I have learned MANY new things. I started off not knowing how to program anything, that did not involve the glide, Wait secs, and Hide block. So, I started asking for advice in the forums, downloading projects, and asking other experienced Scratchers. All of them have helped, to program pretty advanced, and creative things. And they have really taught me to use Scratch to its fullest potential. Now, people ask me for help, and I always gladly answer their questions, or upload a demo project.

I really do not care if I am on the front page sometimes, because it does not affect what projects I like, therefor, I would be a fair curator. I would pick Projects with many views, or little. For me it does not matter, as I pick projects that I like. Everyone always states they would pick projects with little views, but isn't the whole point of curator to show off projects you enjoy? Of course, I would still feature some projects without many views. I am on Scratch a lot, and would update the projects daily, or 2 projects every 2 days (I am still figuring that out).

I enjoy extremely creative projects, and programming is not the MAIN part of what type of things I would choose. If I think the project is entertaining, (Even if it was simple) I would most certainly curate it. I also like Gadgets, tools, and OS' as they show what type of potential Scratch has, and all the cool things that can be made with it. Generally, I will do my best to curate all categories of projects, whether they are absolute uncanny, fun, happy, or tragic projects.

The Scratch team wants to pick Scratchers who have been nice and helpful on this website.... This is the one point where I do not achieve maximum points at. I love to help people, as stated above, but in all honesty, I may have said some rude things on the website. Sometimes I use mild insults, do not use appropriate language, or upload projects with some music on it that has bad words in it. For all this, I apologize. I believe though, that over the past 3 months I have stopped doing the occasional bad thing, and my overall Scratch'havior has improved. In this paragraph, it seems like all I do is bad things, well that is wrong. It is just occasional.

I hope you may consider me being a curator, and that perhaps that will happen someday. I will try not to post in this thread anymore (No promises...) and I will just see what happens.

That was an older speech... And I guess me getting banned did not help me to become a curator. As you may now, I am leaving Scratch, but mabye for my last weeks I could curate? That would be nice, and awesome

Thanks

Scratch team, I see no reason Pinochio can't be curator. Everyone deserves a chance to prove themselves.

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

Board footer