This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-01-28 18:55:53

Musicstar888
Scratcher

Advice for making your projects cool!

ok, I have edited this so I can just TELL you how to get more views. Ok, the tips have arrived!!!!!
1. If your making a game, before you post it, make sure it isnt glitchy. When there are problems, people usually give up playing your game and quit.
2. Look at other people's projects. If you post a comment on people's projects, people will see your name and click on it to see your projects.
3. Make lots of true friends. (see my forum, "friending advice!" ) if you have real friends that go on scratch, add them too! They'll most likely click your name and see your stuff! (they might click love it or send links to their friends, too!)
4. Look at PLanetX's project, "project unknown (how to get more comments and views)" I saw it, it really helped me!
post any questions or comments here ! I like harsh criticism! ok, hope I helped!

Last edited by Musicstar888 (2010-02-20 17:27:12)

Goodbye, Misc. Until we meet again.
You're not alone.

#2 2010-01-29 11:56:47

juststickman
Scratcher

Re: Advice for making your projects cool!

What do you mean by "cool"?

http://is.gd/iBQi2 Add grob to your sig and help with world dominiation!http://is.gd/iBQ9Q                                                             Hey guys, we're seriously naming our team bob?

#3 2010-01-29 17:46:43

Musicstar888
Scratcher

Well, I guess what I mean by "cool" is like how to get more views.  But that doesnt mean anythings bad.  Its just im asking for questions for advice 'bout how to make your projects POP! you know what I mean?  smile

You're not alone.

#4 2010-01-30 04:34:29

juststickman
Scratcher

Then I don't think you should say cool. Not all viewed projects are good. Maybe just, well known?

http://is.gd/iBQi2 Add grob to your sig and help with world dominiation!http://is.gd/iBQ9Q                                                             Hey guys, we're seriously naming our team bob?

#5 2010-01-30 13:41:09

Musicstar888
Scratcher

yeah, "well known!" I think thars good....

You're not alone.

#6 2010-02-13 03:07:50

Nat_99
Scratcher

i make loads of projects but nobody views them. how can i get more views?

smile

Honestly. I am pretty cool.  tongue

#7 2010-02-13 03:58:18

fanofcena
Scratcher

juststickman wrote:

Then I don't think you should say cool. Not all viewed projects are good. Maybe just, well known?

For example those love it games  tongue  No offence

Anyways for a cool - Real one project make awesome graphics ask help from the community and will really get tons of views and love its + a cool cool project

http://i53.tinypic.com/2vxr2c0.png Click whats above u might make a cute planet happy ^_^

#8 2010-02-13 07:35:50

Musicstar888
Scratcher

Nat_99 wrote:

i make loads of projects but nobody views them. how can i get more views?

smile

well, here are a few ideas.
1 comment on other people's projects and stuff. They'll most likely click your name and itll bring them to your projects!
2. make lots of TRUE friends!!!!!!! ( see my forum, "friending advice!" ) most chances are that, if you have many (good online) friends, theyll want to see your stuff!
3 ignore bad comments on your stuff. there are 2 types of bad comments: one is just a bad commet like "this is boring" or something similar. that one you can ignore, delete the comment, if possible! the second type is something REALLY harsh!!!! (i cant say it, i might get in trouble)  wink   if you get one of those, report it ( there is a little thing under the comment that says "flag as innapropriate or "flag". click that!)
4 check out "project unknown (how to get more comments and views)" by PlanetX.
     hope i helped  smile

You're not alone.

#9 2010-02-13 07:42:40

juststickman
Scratcher

Remember this:
If juststickman posts how your animation wasn't good, don't repeatedly insult him.

#10 2010-02-13 10:01:29

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

juststickman wrote:

Remember this:
If juststickman posts how your animation wasn't good, don't repeatedly insult him.

Hopefully nobody will be insulting anybody...repeatedly or even singularly!  That being said, there is a bit of an art to giving criticism to people in such a way that they don't feel bad about it.  I think the key is to emphasize the parts that you do like and then use words like "it might be improved a bit if you..."  rather than "you fail at ...".  Please bear in mind that I am simply making up an example that probably bears no resemblance to anything you may have said  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#11 2010-02-13 10:12:12

juststickman
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Remember this:

Hopefully nobody will be insulting anybody...repeatedly or even singularly!  That being said, there is a bit of an art to giving criticism to people in such a way that they don't feel bad about it.  I think the key is to emphasize the parts that you do like and then use words like "it might be improved a bit if you..."  rather than "you fail at ...".  Please bear in mind that I am simply making up an example that probably bears no resemblance to anything you may have said  smile

I have been saying something like "at this part the stickman was a bit stiff, I think you should ease a little more there. The next part was pretty funny!"
And then suddenly this guy said to me: WELL YOU [removed before mod could  tongue ]! YOUR STUFF IS HORRIBLE AND PATHETIC!!!

Last edited by juststickman (2010-02-13 10:12:51)

#12 2010-02-13 15:49:22

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

juststickman wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Remember this:

I have been saying something like "at this part the stickman was a bit stiff, I think you should ease a little more there. The next part was pretty funny!"
And then suddenly this guy said to me: WELL YOU [removed before mod could  tongue ]! YOUR STUFF IS HORRIBLE AND PATHETIC!!!

That does sound like an overreaction  smile

Some people are just not good at taking criticism at all.  I prefer not to work with people that are that touchy, personally.  But maybe you have more patience than me.

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#13 2010-02-13 17:20:46

Musicstar888
Scratcher

juststickman wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Remember this:

thats really harsh... im so sorry!

You're not alone.

#14 2010-02-13 17:22:06

Musicstar888
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Remember this:

i totaly agree! isnt it called "constructive feedback"?

You're not alone.

#15 2010-02-13 19:00:55

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Musicstar888 wrote:

Need Advice on how to make your projects well-known? Comment a question, and I'll answer it! ( Please, only questions on how to make cool projects , I'm not good at games!!! ) Sorry.  Ok, I'll also answer questions about how to get around the website, but NO GAME QUESTIONS ! PLEEZ! haha lol!  big_smile

No games = Failing at making projects cool  tongue

Maybe just, "noticed"

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#16 2010-02-14 11:58:09

Musicstar888
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Musicstar888 wrote:

Need Advice on how to make your projects well-known? Comment a question, and I'll answer it! ( Please, only questions on how to make cool projects , I'm not good at games!!! ) Sorry.  Ok, I'll also answer questions about how to get around the website, but NO GAME QUESTIONS ! PLEEZ! haha lol!  big_smile

Maybe just, "noticed"

i think i disagree. Games are fun, but movies and art can be amusing...

You're not alone.

#17 2010-02-14 12:00:57

littletonkslover
Scratcher

Musicstar888 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Musicstar888 wrote:

Maybe just, "noticed"

i think i disagree. Games are fun, but movies and art can be amusing...

I agree, although "movies" are more like animations and episodes.

http://www.coxlab.org/images/rat_banner.jpg
That's the dark nature of capitalism. ~ Wonder Showzen

#18 2010-02-14 14:42:34

Musicstar888
Scratcher

well to make your projects well-known, they have to be interesting. they don't have to be games

You're not alone.

#19 2010-02-14 14:45:39

juststickman
Scratcher

Musicstar888 wrote:

well to make your projects well-known, they have to be interesting. they don't have to be games

Again, not true. Clearly you do not have a secret other account and started over, so you have not seen Doody.

#20 2010-02-14 15:47:06

Musicstar888
Scratcher

who is this "doody" you speak of?  and no, i have only one account. i will say it one last time... THINGS THAT ARE INTERESTING DONT HAVE TO BE GAMES!!!!! > sad  doesnt anyone agree? there is some animation that is very fun and interesting... i personally, think games  are glitchy. They tend to have many problems if not made right. Also, i can't even acces any games because my computer is slow, so  i can only see projects with animation . I don't think games are bad, its just that i have a different perspective then you do! there is nothing wrong with animation. some animation is really good and gets more veiws than games. They can be funny, meaningful, or just plain awesome!  i know this is a long comment, but i am trying to make a point peacefully.

Last edited by Musicstar888 (2010-02-14 21:10:27)

You're not alone.

#21 2010-02-14 15:49:33

Musicstar888
Scratcher

i just noticed, almost all of you are just commenting and replying.. where are the questions?  hmm  im a bit confused...

You're not alone.

#22 2010-02-15 14:12:13

jujubee834
Scratcher

i'm trying to make a model of the moon phases

any chance you can help? I need to learn how to make the moon rotate around the earth

#23 2010-02-16 14:55:31

Musicstar888
Scratcher

I'm afraid I cant help you... that's for programming. I suggest you ask your question for a programming forum! there are many of them, this forum's just for advice on  the actual project, not really making it.

You're not alone.

#24 2010-02-16 15:00:19

Musicstar888
Scratcher

juststickman wrote:

Musicstar888 wrote:

Again, not true. Clearly you do not have a secret other account and started over, so you have not seen Doody.

I actually have seen Doody, and (no offense Doody! ) i think he is as normal as anyone else on this site...  hmm

You're not alone.

#25 2010-02-16 15:26:49

juststickman
Scratcher

Musicstar888 wrote:

juststickman wrote:

Musicstar888 wrote:

I actually have seen Doody, and (no offense Doody! ) i think he is as normal as anyone else on this site...  hmm

No you haven't really seen it then.
Doody is a SHE

What I'm saying is that it doesn't actually need to be interesting or even very high quality.

Last edited by juststickman (2010-02-16 15:39:44)

Board footer