This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-02-08 13:09:13

soto487
Scratcher

In need of assistance!

I have a lab that is due tonight and despite several attempts I can't seem to do this on my own. I asked the professor during class and she refused to assist any of us with how the program works. She would rather we spent countless hours figuring out the program. I currently work full time and have several classes so this is a bit difficult jumping into a fresh new program.

Lab 1:
Goal: To create a program that will make a sprite dance including music and keyboard control
Procedure
1. Select a Sprite. Can either use pre-built ones or use the paint program to create/modify Sprite and costume.
2. Build a script starting with motion blocks. The script is built iteratively. Add a block and then run it to see what happens. Modify the existing blocks and add new ones to get what you want.
3. Use a forever loop to continue the dance.
4. Add a green flag hat to control when the dance happens (hitting the green flag starts it, the red button stops it)
5. Add a "when key pressed" hat to change color on a key press
6. Add a second sprite and synchronize the dance with the two sprites.
Save the program to turn in at a later date

I've attempted things but I can't seem to make it do that much. I've tried to run a continuous set of instructions but I would either end up with a sprite not moving, which was very odd, or a sprite bouncing from wall to wall.

Suggestions?! please help.

#2 2010-02-08 15:15:38

soto487
Scratcher

Re: In need of assistance!

Still trying to figure this out. I'm trying to basically make the character do a dance. It doesn't have to be anything special at all... just a small dance that loops on with music etc.

I don't know what to do :-/ would appreciate some assistance!

#3 2010-02-08 15:23:25

steppenwulf
Scratcher

I'm working on an example right now... It's proving quite a challenge, but I should have an example project up soon.

I'm graduating HS this April and going to college in the Fall.

#4 2010-02-08 15:39:44

soto487
Scratcher

Thank you, as I occasionally refresh this page I'm still trying to do it. It's only the first lab of the semester and, honestly, I was * that the teacher would not truly answer my questions. She would simply say, "What do you think would make it work?". If I could answer that I wouldn't ask in the first place.

#5 2010-02-08 16:18:51

steppenwulf
Scratcher

I finally finished it.  big_smile   Here is the link to the project. In the "dance sequence" list, the numbers are the costume numbers of the dance steps. For example, the costume number 2 (Right foot up) shows up as 2 in the dance sequence list. Sorry the script is kind of complicated, it's the first time I've ever done something like this.  big_smile

#6 2010-02-08 22:56:42

soto487
Scratcher

Thank you very much! Didn't have time to look before class but finally just got home and that definitely helped. I'll have to work on that for sure simply enough though if I did costumes.

#7 2010-02-09 08:17:19

steppenwulf
Scratcher

Glad I could help.  big_smile

Last edited by steppenwulf (2010-02-09 08:20:22)

Board footer