This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-01-18 23:29:02

Half-Wolf-Leader
Scratcher

December Aflame - An Original Story

I thought stories posted on this forum would just get ignored, so I didn't post any.
From what I have recently seen, that is not the case.
So here, give mine a chance.

~~~

October ran a long-fingered hand over the crumbling stone wall and sighed. He brushed back the hair from his face, squinting away from the sun’s rays while he did so. The brickwork had been scrapped away by the cruelest of enemies: Time itself. Such a fate had been shared by the rest of his home; rotting wood and rubble lay in unorganized piles all throughout the compact area, pulling him back into the memories he’d had during his stay in this once proud home. He shrugged his shoulders; it was all behind him now. He had to deal with it just as much as the millions of other things he had left behind in his lifetime.
The teenager lifted a hesitant black and neon green converse, taking steps as if he was avoiding sleeping lions. The asphalt road stretched before him, lined by uncontrollable weeds and dying grasses; he might as well get started.
Town wasn’t far.

Cars roared and rumbled down the monochromatic trail. October wasn’t willing to submit to the pain of broken bones so he kept his distance from the cursed machinery. A single orange eye accompanied by a dark blue one scanned those mechanical monsters and how they moved, processing how to take them down as a hunter does with new prey. He shook of the ancient predatory instincts and told himself that the world was different now. Religion and money canceled survival of the fittest by allowing the weak to control the strong.
It was better to stay out of both and keep to himself rather than get involved and get shot. He’d suffered through and survived all those years without it before, he could go through a couple of eternities without their heavy burdens.
At last, he set his converse-clad foot upon city property again. October would hate this, but he needed a new place to stay. His old cabin had been raided by ‘believers’ – they called themselves this – and the crumbling ruins of his house weren’t fit to live in either. Plus, he bet, they would still be searching that area for him anyway.
Boarding school? No, school was pointless if he already knew everything in it. A warehouse on the other side of town? They’d find him easily.
Apartments? No, they cost money. Money was out of the question.
Well, what about just traveling? They wouldn’t find him, not easily, anyway; plus he’d be able to see the world.
October smiled, that’s what he’d do. ‘Believers’, who cares? He was still a free soul, no matter how long he had been tied to the imperfect earth.

(To be continued, if, you know, it's well received or asked to be continued)

Comments and critique is appreciated.

-HWL/KK

#2 2010-01-18 23:44:12

cocoanut
Scratcher

Re: December Aflame - An Original Story

[ignores]

http://i42.tinypic.com/20gyvif.jpgPlease leave a message at the beep.
Steam: Hellephant

#3 2010-01-18 23:56:58

Half-Wolf-Leader
Scratcher

Re: December Aflame - An Original Story

[/ignores]

Board footer