This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-05-30 06:49:17

Bloing_Gloing
Scratcher

Refreshing

It appears, that after Scratch has been public for a little while, that someone *coughmomcough* has been giving me extra views by hitting the refresh button. Is there a way to make it so that views are only added for each time you view it from a different IP # or for each time you view it every half hour? Also, could you fix the number of views I had? Last time I checked before the refreshing, I had ~6500.

Thanks,
Bloing GLoing

#2 2007-06-11 13:52:27

sylvan
Scratcher

Re: Refreshing

Hi, Bloing_Gloing,

I appreciate that you don't want your hit counts unnecessarily inflated, especially by someone who might possibly have alternative motives.  smile  I think the challenge with the IP address or time period restriction idea is that people legitimately use the same computer (family members, library patrons, school computer cluster...) and how would we differentiate? Though it isn't fair that your project is inflated now, it doesn't seem fair to not count legitimate page hits either. Any other ideas on how to deal with this? (You could post in the the 'Suggestions and Advanced'  area to see what other people think.)

-sylvan

#3 2007-06-17 15:35:53

andresmh
Scratch Team at MIT

Re: Refreshing

Thanks for your comments. You can read more the recent changes we implemented to address this issue.

Andres Monroy-Hernandez | Scratch Team at the MIT Media Lab
on identi.ca and  twitter

Board footer