This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2010-01-04 22:11:24

curlygoss1
Scratcher

How?

How do you get so popular like maki tak and dreamcaster and all them? My recent stuff is just audio but some of my old stuff is quite good, so I've realised that being good doesn't excactly get you noticed. How? Someone tell me? My most viewed project only has 25 views

#2 2010-01-05 14:46:07

Wolfie1996
Retired Community Moderator

Re: How?

When you're uploading a project, make sure to make the snapshot of it look tidy and professional. If it's an animation, make a cover for it, such as the title and a contrasting background. If it is a game, why not make a menu screen, with an image of your main character, and some shiny buttons (a lot of people like shiny things  big_smile  ).

Participating in Scratch Design Studio is often a good way to get your relevant projects seen, and you might find people with similar interests, who might view your projects. Also, if you see someone else who doesn't have many views, why not look at their projects, then comment.

On the subject of comments, try to be helpful. Instaed of posting "cool game", why not post something like:

"This game is really fun! There's a little glitch on Level 5, but the graphics are simply amazing!"

Also, if you can see that someone has worked hard on a project, click love it or favourite it, as well as commenting. That way, the creator will see that they have made a good project that people enjoy. And who knows, they might go to your projects, and click love it themselves. Then you might have a new friend!

Hope this helps!  smile

"...Jargon - the practice of never calling a spade a spade, when you might instead call it a manual earth-restructing implement..." - Bill Bryson, Mother Tongue

#3 2010-01-06 07:56:43

Chatter
Scratcher

Re: How?

curlygoss1 wrote:

How do you get so popular like maki tak and dreamcaster and all them? My recent stuff is just audio but some of my old stuff is quite good, so I've realised that being good doesn't excactly get you noticed. How? Someone tell me? My most viewed project only has 25 views

Well, you have to wait until you get featured. But Scratch isn't for getting famous, it's for sharing what you do with other people. Getting famous isn't the point of Scratch, it's learning how to program.  wink  You can also advertise your projects. That helps.

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2339/mcdonaldsjoke.gifAll your problems are like batter when you add a little Chatter, because when you have Chat, you're safe from bats.  big_smile
"And so?" - The little people in my brain|Status: Snow in April?

Board footer