This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#826 2009-12-02 17:05:42

KittyLuver99
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I would really like to be a curator!I could show non-violent projects that people would like.They probaly would like it.It could be great to be a curator! big_smile

#827 2009-12-02 21:19:14

harrypotter345
Scratcher

I would LOVE to be a curator! That would be awesome!

Do you like games with a twist?
Then you HAVE TO see my two new games: SEARCHLight and Park your carrot! They are awesome games that you just HAVE TO see!

#828 2009-12-04 06:03:01

MASTERSPARTAN117
Scratcher

smile I would like to become one because the job interest me to explore other users scratch programs and to show to other scratch users to experience the program to learn reuse that to improve scratch users to make better programs. smile

:)The kind of programs that I like  cool  on scratch are realistic games that use the human abilities as like games that involve to walk, shoot,talk and more or games that people made because of popular shows example, pokemon, digimon that simulates like the show. smile

#829 2009-12-05 13:18:18

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

Curators Missing from the list:

Penguinsrock
The-Whiz
andresmh?
SabGames

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

#830 2009-12-05 18:54:50

mowzerkitty
Scratcher

<play sound[  ]and waits>
ME NOISY!!!!!!  smile

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll28/XxnamelessfreakxX/Webcomics/Homestuck/homestuckkidstrolls.png

#831 2009-12-05 18:57:00

mowzerkitty
Scratcher

How. Do. You. Be. A. Curator!?!?!?!<key[ SPACE ]pressed?> > sad

http://i284.photobucket.com/albums/ll28/XxnamelessfreakxX/Webcomics/Homestuck/homestuckkidstrolls.png

#832 2009-12-06 01:32:19

curlygoss1
Scratcher

I'd love to be a curator, I'll pick projects that took time, effort, and deserve to be on the front page, may i please be a curator?

#833 2009-12-06 10:07:17

pinochio
Scratcher

I have posted on this forum A LOT. And I have asked countless of times to become a curator. I know my time on scratch has not been perfect, but I still think I could be a fair and rule-following curator. The projects currently on my favorites vary in Genre, and they are all unique or had a lot of effort put into them. I would like to show projects that I think are special, different, and interesting. Whether it be game,animation, or program if it is original I would show it off. Honestly, unless the project is of extreme fame I will not care about how many views they have. However, I will do my best to show some projects that are not heard of, but deserve attention. I will make sure to only show appropriate projects, and to show new projects on a regular basis. There are so many other awesome scratchers who are asking to be curator, and they deserve it! I Do not care how when I become Curator I would just really like to be one! The reasons why are stated above!
If you would like to know what types of projects I would curate, just look at my favorites...

EDIT: I would also curate German and other language projects! Afterall, I am german And I know and have seen many amazing german projects that have not gotten the attention they deserved.

I hope this speech has somehow made you even slightly consider choosing me,

Pinochio

Flat Out G

#834 2009-12-06 10:24:16

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

pinochio wrote:

I have posted on this forum A LOT. And I have asked countless of times to become a curator. I know my time on scratch has not been perfect, but I still think I could be a fair and rule-following curator. The projects currently on my favorites vary in Genre, and they are all unique or had a lot of effort put into them. I would like to show projects that I think are special, different, and interesting. Whether it be game,animation, or program if it is original I would show it off. Honestly, unless the project is of extreme fame I will not care about how many views they have. However, I will do my best to show some projects that are not heard of, but deserve attention. I will make sure to only show appropriate projects, and to show new projects on a regular basis. There are so many other awesome scratchers who are asking to be curator, and they deserve it! I Do not care how when I become Curator I would just really like to be one! The reasons why are stated above!
If you would like to know what types of projects I would curate, just look at my favorites...

EDIT: I would also curate German and other language projects! Afterall, I am german And I know and have seen many amazing german projects that have not gotten the attention they deserved.

Pinochio

I feel as if I have seen this speech somewhere before...  lol

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

#835 2009-12-06 14:07:38

calstin898
Scratcher

Can I be a curator? I'd pick cool, funny, and interesting projects. I would also choose ninjadude projects and other stuff too.  lol

check out my stuff!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/calstin898

#836 2009-12-06 14:58:29

funkymonkey
Scratcher

Dear Scratch Team,
I would really like to be the next Scratch Curator. I have a variety of projects on my list of favorites, which would be the ones shown on the front page. Each game I will choose will have a lot of thought put into, and I will only choose games that deserve to get the front page. I was the one that found FunnyGamesCreator's project called GRAVITY1, which is now on the front page as a game chosen by SabGames, the current curator. If you look at my favorites, they each are unique projects that show different types of programming as well as art/animation, and things that aren't games at all. This is why I would be a good curator, for when the next spot is open. Even If you don't pick me as the next one, could you please tell me why? I would really like to know. Thank you for reading this, and thank you for considering me.
Sincerely, funkymonkey

Here are some examples of projects I might choose if I was the next Scratch Curator:
Dalton's Game - This game has a very good art component to it's fun and addicting game play. It is a little violent and includes a gun, so it wouldn't be top on my list to show on the front page, but overall it is very good.
1 sprite 1 script stimulation of 2 sprites - This is a very good example of a great way to use the stamp tool.
snake fun se cpu at work - As the titles says, you get to see the CPU at work in this classic snake game.
virtual creatable flashcards - This one isn't a game, but it is very very useful, and is a good way of using lists and variables. I really like this, and it is one of the best educational tools on Scratch.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff67/hprules_photos/banner2.jpg
Kuzimu: Dawn of a New Age                                                                                                  Coming May 2010

#837 2009-12-06 19:54:07

ilikepie621
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator. The projects I would choose would either be simple in the number of sprites and scripts, but be very good in nature, or a project with a good storyline. I also am attracted to projects that make you burst out laughing. Also, if any scratch user has gone above and beyond from their expected projects, then I might choose that too. [blocks]<move( over 9000! )steps> [/blocks]

#838 2009-12-06 21:55:53

pokemonmaster777777
Scratcher

I would realy like to be one. I like all kinds of games and would only chose good ones.

#839 2009-12-06 22:16:32

fg123
Scratcher

funkymonkey wrote:

Dear Scratch Team,
I would really like to be the next Scratch Curator. I have a variety of projects on my list of favorites, which would be the ones shown on the front page. Each game I will choose will have a lot of thought put into, and I will only choose games that deserve to get the front page. I was the one that found FunnyGamesCreator's project called GRAVITY1, which is now on the front page as a game chosen by SabGames, the current curator. If you look at my favorites, they each are unique projects that show different types of programming as well as art/animation, and things that aren't games at all. This is why I would be a good curator, for when the next spot is open. Even If you don't pick me as the next one, could you please tell me why? I would really like to know. Thank you for reading this, and thank you for considering me.
Sincerely, funkymonkey

Here are some examples of projects I might choose if I was the next Scratch Curator:
Dalton's Game - This game has a very good art component to it's fun and addicting game play. It is a little violent and includes a gun, so it wouldn't be top on my list to show on the front page, but overall it is very good.
1 sprite 1 script stimulation of 2 sprites - This is a very good example of a great way to use the stamp tool.
snake fun se cpu at work - As the titles says, you get to see the CPU at work in this classic snake game.
virtual creatable flashcards - This one isn't a game, but it is very very useful, and is a good way of using lists and variables. I really like this, and it is one of the best educational tools on Scratch.

YAYZ!  tongue

I would like to be a curator because:
1. I need more use of my favourites.  tongue
2. I will pick projects that has less attention and is very good.
3. I think I qualify.

Is that good enough??

Hai.

#840 2009-12-07 06:58:52

pinochio
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

Pinochio

Why do people always say they will curate projects that don't have many views? It's not about the views, its about whether you like the project or not. Although it is nice to favorite lesser known projects, remember that you should curate projects YOU like..

Flat Out G

#841 2009-12-07 17:07:57

funkymonkey
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

Pinochio

how many times have you posted this???

Kuzimu: Dawn of a New Age                                                                                                  Coming May 2010

#842 2009-12-07 21:25:46

Biographies
Scratcher

funkymonkey wrote:

pinochio wrote:

Pinochio

how many times have you posted this???

I believe he has posted it 12 times  tongue

#843 2009-12-07 21:58:12

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Thanks to SabGames for serving as Scratch curator. The next curator is ElPapa!  smile

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#844 2009-12-07 22:26:08

banana500
Scratcher

Hi! I would love to be curator. I have seen many awesome projects on the website.

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#845 2009-12-08 06:50:30

funkymonkey
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Thanks to SabGames for serving as Scratch curator. The next curator is ElPapa!  smile

congrats!

#846 2009-12-08 20:22:21

ragnellman12
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator.  I enjoy all types of games but would try to find some platformers that I think people will enjoy.  I also would get some animations

<html>

#847 2009-12-08 22:56:50

News-guy
Scratcher

Hey, earlier I said I would love to be the scratch curator, but I probably wasn't picked because I said I have seen many awsome GAMES that no one has viewed. I ment PROJECTS.

#848 2009-12-09 13:58:57

LOL-Girl
Scratcher

[Large block of distracting Scatch Blocks removed by Forum Moderator]

I love goldenwolf, nightwing, and Iremixyourstuff's stuff. I have never been a curatior before, but would like to.

Last edited by Paddle2See (2009-12-10 05:11:13)

#849 2009-12-09 14:29:12

shwingie
Scratcher

I'd like to become a curator please.
I mainly would select projects that deserve more popularity, and that have been taking a lot of time and effort to make.

Thanks, Shwingie

#850 2009-12-09 14:33:32

emogirl2012
Scratcher

i would like to become a curator, but i dont think i will be able to because i only choose the projects that are funny hahaha

Board footer