This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.
  • Index
  •  » FAQ
  •  » I get an error when I try to upload/share my Scratch project

#51 2009-06-20 07:44:46

yipo
Scratcher

Re: I get an error when I try to upload/share my Scratch project

when i try to upload my project my mac stops working and says it has to restart but when i restart it and chek it on scratch and i find out it didnt upload XC
[blocks]<move( 10 )steps> [/blocks]

Last edited by yipo (2009-06-20 07:51:39)

#52 2009-06-20 10:29:24

coolstuff
Community Moderator

yipo wrote:

when i try to upload my project my mac stops working and says it has to restart but when i restart it and chek it on scratch and i find out it didnt upload XC
[blocks]<move( 10 )steps> [/blocks]

http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=6506

#53 2009-06-22 07:46:24

hirandomperson
Scratcher

yeah well i have a ristricded acount!

#54 2009-07-14 08:50:09

frogger3140
Scratcher

726961 wrote:

when i try to share a project my computer restarts. is it...

1.server problem?
2.scratch problem?
3.or something else.

Windows:
Your computer's Blue Screen of Death/STOP error setting is set to Auto Restart (no blue/debug screen). You got a fatal error while uploading and it triggered Auto Restart. It's a computer or internet problem.
Mac:
Tell your admin to disable Parental Controls.

Last edited by frogger3140 (2009-07-14 08:51:24)

http://j.mp/piBfFy
Woo, even better minecraft clone! | I feel that programming is better than animation, because you can interact with games but not animations.

#55 2009-07-15 08:01:18

princessknuxy
Scratcher

I can't either

I know! I'm weird. I like being smacked!
smile

#56 2009-08-05 01:30:04

Reamm
Scratcher

This helped me a bit with my games  smile

#57 2009-08-05 21:34:14

sanda427
Scratcher

JBEAR wrote:

How can I import a sound to my desktop?

In Scratch, Sounds> Right click on the sound thing, and click export. Select Desktop.

http://squiby.net/view/2246392.png

#58 2009-08-24 19:48:16

Aelic7
Scratcher

My Scratch Project is 54 MB! is there any way to lower it down to 10 mb? It won't let me even compress my images!

Last edited by Aelic7 (2009-08-24 19:51:07)

#59 2009-08-25 13:52:03

Xerelius
Scratcher

No, sorry, there isn't a way to shave 44 MB off of a project unless you take a very, VERY high amount of quality from images and sounds and compress the script manually (which would be very hard).  One thing you could try is to split the code into different parts in different projects and when you upload them online label them "Part 1", "Part 2" etc.

Or, y'know, you could put the project up for download somewhere else.

Xerelius - forum moderator moderator.

#60 2009-09-01 10:39:39

Aelic7
Scratcher

Actually, I had some unused Soundtracks that I deleted. The next day, it was down to 188 KB! It seems weird, since whenever I tried to compress images it would say: "Images compressed: 0". I don't know what did it, but I'm sure thankful for it!

#61 2009-11-10 14:03:22

rowanbrightwood
Scratcher

i cant load sprite into folder

#62 2009-12-28 11:37:11

WolfOfDarkness
Scratcher

Sares wrote:

I can't submit scratch. It get's to the very end and says failed:unknown reason. What can I do to fix it?

Yeah, I've been trying for DAYS and DAYS and nothing has worked! I've tried compressing the sounds and images, I tried removing the music from my project, but it just comes up with the same message every time: "Failed: Unknown reason". I'm fed up of this happening. I love Scratch and I've managed to upload all my other projects. I have loads of ideas and creations which I want to share, but I can't because of this problem. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL MY WHY I CAN'T UPLOAD MY PROJECT AND HOW I CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM????????  sad

#63 2009-12-29 08:50:20

game_freak42
Scratcher

WolfOfDarkness wrote:

Sares wrote:

I can't submit scratch. It get's to the very end and says failed:unknown reason. What can I do to fix it?

Yeah, I've been trying for DAYS and DAYS and nothing has worked! I've tried compressing the sounds and images, I tried removing the music from my project, but it just comes up with the same message every time: "Failed: Unknown reason". I'm fed up of this happening. I love Scratch and I've managed to upload all my other projects. I have loads of ideas and creations which I want to share, but I can't because of this problem. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE TELL MY WHY I CAN'T UPLOAD MY PROJECT AND HOW I CAN FIX THIS PROBLEM????????  sad

Is the project has violence? Ive tried uploading a shooting game and a sword game. But it comes up Failed Unknown Reason

#64 2010-01-06 03:48:22

WolfOfDarkness
Scratcher

game_freak42 wrote:

WolfOfDarkness wrote:

Sares wrote:

Is the project has violence? Ive tried uploading a shooting game and a sword game. But it comes up Failed Unknown Reason

Nope. Ever since they've been updating the website, none of my projects have uploaded, so I think it must be something to do with that.

#65 2010-01-06 16:26:54

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

WolfOfDarkness wrote:

game_freak42 wrote:

WolfOfDarkness wrote:

Nope. Ever since they've been updating the website, none of my projects have uploaded, so I think it must be something to do with that.

The 'Failed:Unknown Reason' error could be due to one of many factors such as high site traffic, security features, or connection problems.

Some things you many want to try out are:
1) Uploading the project during a time when there is low site traffic
2) Temporarily disabling any security features that can interfere with the connection (such as a firewall)
3) Saving the project, exiting the Scratch application, and then opening up the Scratch and attempt to re-upload to project to the website.

If you're still having trouble, try posting your problem in this thread for some more help.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#66 2010-01-11 02:16:46

Maiya01998
Scratcher

I think I have the solutions for Windows 7 and Vista users (maybe Vista...)
1. Right-click the scratch shortcut/application icon
2. Click Properties
3. Click Compatibility tab
4. Check box "run this compatibility mode for" "Windows XP/Vista" (latest service pack)
Test it out  smile

My alternate idea is to simply run it as administrator afterwards.

#67 2010-02-02 11:52:31

WolfOfDarkness
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

WolfOfDarkness wrote:

game_freak42 wrote:

The 'Failed:Unknown Reason' error could be due to one of many factors such as high site traffic, security features, or connection problems.

Some things you many want to try out are:
1) Uploading the project during a time when there is low site traffic
2) Temporarily disabling any security features that can interfere with the connection (such as a firewall)
3) Saving the project, exiting the Scratch application, and then opening up the Scratch and attempt to re-upload to project to the website.

If you're still having trouble, try posting your problem in this thread for some more help.  smile

It's OK, I've finally managed to upload my projects now. Although, I didn't have to do any of those things! Computers are so unpredictable...

Thanks for the help anyway  smile

#68 2010-02-24 17:04:47

nyybeast
Scratcher

You probaly need a newer version of Java, to do this, go to www.java.com and press download, from there on, click run and install.

#69 2010-02-26 14:38:51

grill24
Scratcher

when I try to share my projects it makes me restart the computer! WHat do I do to stop it?

#70 2010-02-26 15:59:30

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

grill24 wrote:

when I try to share my projects it makes me restart the computer! WHat do I do to stop it?

I did find an old post that maybe will help with your problem, if you have a mac...,

http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?pid=45342#p45342

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#71 2010-04-17 15:45:16

jman13
Scratcher

natalie wrote:

The Scratch server probably timed out, either due to a slow connection or due to the file size being large.

To reduce the file size,  you can compress the images and sounds.
Go to the "Extras" menu  and click "compress images."  Also try "compress sounds."

yes it could be that or you miss typed your user name or pass word.

#72 2010-04-30 17:23:13

StephanieG
Scratcher

I am having the same issue on uploading. Seems to be my connection I think.

#73 2010-05-12 12:30:05

maail
Scratcher

When I try to upload a project of just a picture and a lot of project notes it says failed unknown reason,the same happens with my other projects too I did try downloading scratch but still nothing happens!I need help!

Last edited by maail (2010-05-19 12:05:09)

http://i.imgur.com/uH8sS.png

#74 2010-06-03 23:51:50

Simtropolis
Scratcher

now every time i try to upload something it says unknown reason and it's been happeing a lot.......... i try everything  i know of and it still won't work..... HELP MEW!!!

http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/static/images/banner_96.png [SSSS]
http://i.imgur.com/GvPTT.png

#75 2010-06-03 23:52:53

Simtropolis
Scratcher

maail wrote:

When I try to upload a project of just a picture and a lot of project notes it says failed unknown reason,the same happens with my other projects too I did try downloading scratch but still nothing happens!I need help!

me, too!  sad

http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/static/images/banner_96.png [SSSS]
http://i.imgur.com/GvPTT.png

• Index
  •  » FAQ
  •  » I get an error when I try to upload/share my Scratch project

Board footer