This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#751 2009-11-09 22:20:37

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

Thanks to Penguinsrock for showing a great collections of projects! The-Whiz is our next Scratch curator.  smile

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#752 2009-11-09 23:01:07

Lucario621
Community Moderator

I know on one of the other threads I was compliaining about how there should be a customizable front page, like iGoogle, however andresmh mentioned how ther aren't even 24hr web designers for the Scratch Website for thats why.

Although, in addition he offered me to become curator. I know I declined, but I've changed my mind, and I'd like to be one of the next scratch Curators.

I've collected a huge amount of projects to my favorites, big and small, complicated and funny, different and unique, and I'd like to share them with all of the scratchers in this kind helping community.

Now I do have in mind, this doesn't mean I will immediatly become curator. But it seemed that andresmh was quite enthusiastic (mildly), so I'd just to volunteer to give it a go.

Thanks,
Lucario621 aka Pac-man aka EpicXDFail aka Chris

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#753 2009-11-10 08:34:17

06dknibbs
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator as I have seen many projects that deserve to be shown (If even for just a little while.)

While I enjoy platformer's I think there are quite a few puzzle/thinking games out there that never managed to get the recognition they deserved  smile

If I have the oppotunity to be a curator, I will try and display a variety of games, and I already know have a few in mind.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/06dknibbs/Untitled-3-6.jpg

#754 2009-11-10 09:26:28

Dazachi
Retired Community Moderator

I have a question. When you are a curator how do you change projects?

Dazachi, Retired Community Moderator
May also know me as OJACheung.

#755 2009-11-10 10:11:18

Greatdane
Scratcher

MetharQuxid wrote:

I would like to be one and i would pick games with a small amount of views but i guess I am kinda a noob so...

Even if you are a 'n00b', if you are a good scratcher, you can become curator, I'm sure.

Oh, Dazachi, the projects automatically switch from your 'favorites'. Whatever are your 'favorites' are the 'curator's picks'. You can delete your favorites if you really want, though.

Last edited by Greatdane (2009-11-10 10:12:35)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#756 2009-11-10 10:49:09

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Greatdane wrote:

MetharQuxid wrote:

I would like to be one and i would pick games with a small amount of views but i guess I am kinda a noob so...

Even if you are a 'n00b', if you are a good scratcher, you can become curator, I'm sure.

Oh, Dazachi, the projects automatically switch from your 'favorites'. Whatever are your 'favorites' are the 'curator's picks'. You can delete your favorites if you really want, though.

Oh, really? I didn't know that...

Were you curator before, and you know this from experience?

#757 2009-11-10 17:38:08

ThePCKid
Scratcher

*Raises hand while saying "Ooo!"* Pick me! Pick me!

#758 2009-11-10 18:21:00

Greatdane
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

Greatdane wrote:

MetharQuxid wrote:

What do you mean? Being a curator or a new curator? If I was the first curator, I would be celebrating the end of my second year of Scratch.

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#759 2009-11-10 18:27:14

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Greatdane wrote:

Lucario621 wrote:

Greatdane wrote:

What do you mean? Being a curator or a new curator? If I was the first curator, I would be celebrating the end of my second year of Scratch.

No, its just that you're saying that its the projects on your favorites, but I'm wondering, how do you know that?

#760 2009-11-10 18:37:41

gettysburg11
Scratcher

Scratch Wiki wrote:

While serving as curator, the Scratcher’s most recent Favorites will be featured in a row on the Scratch Homepage.

There's your answer. All you have to do is check page 1.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh184/mnacmilan/LOGO_ACMILAN-Splash.gif

#761 2009-11-10 20:41:41

rbolsius
Scratcher

I want to be a curator!

#762 2009-11-10 21:29:03

Maroon
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

Scratch Wiki wrote:

While serving as curator, the Scratcher’s most recent Favorites will be featured in a row on the Scratch Homepage.

It sounds like SCRATCH will just automatically pick the three recent projects favored by the curator. But if I were curator, I would like some say in which three of my favorites appear on the home page. Would that be possible?

I suspect, since it is going to pick your most recent three favorites, that you could force it to pick the ones you want by unfavoriting and then refavoriting projects to manipulate the dates...kind of awkward maybe, but I bet it would work.

Hello, Paddle! I really would like to become a curator. I've never been able to taste fame before and I know you have! You own Scratch (with some other buds)! And hey, don't get me wrong...ohhh...nevermind. XD! Well, you get my pont. (pont is a typo)

I fall: It's tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.

#763 2009-11-10 22:02:38

pinochio
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

]I think i would choose english projects and projects in different languages because they enever get much attention, I would also pick simple yet intellegent and entertaining games and animations that are not so famous. But All in all, I would just pick projectss I like, even ones that have gotten a lot of views. (just trying to be honest)

If you could just consider having me as a curator, I would be so grateful!

Read Quoted Text. I post on this thread way to much, maybe I should just give up  tongue

Flat Out G

#764 2009-11-11 00:14:22

peanutsatdamall
Scratcher

I'd like to show comedy projects and projects that use <pen down>. I do that because that block is rarely used.

#765 2009-11-11 10:13:42

hidas
Scratcher

I would really like to be curator. I would chose projects that involve a lot of scripts and physics because those are [bold]usually[/bold] more complex and the Scratcher who made them spent a lot of time on them. They are usually more complicated. Plus I would chose ones that not many people have seen but are really deserving.

TBOS (Toxic Blobs Of Slime) will get you someday. Better buy a slime suit. Too late. Here they come...

#766 2009-11-11 10:18:49

mrslippy913
Scratcher

I really would like to become a curator on the scratch website. I haven't been here for long so I want to learn about scratch as much as I can!                             

part one and part two in videos and games sounds good.

smile

your fellow scratcher,mrslippy913

A candy a day keeps the doctor here to stay. -Me CREEPERZFTW
http://www.minecraftanonymous.com/static/images/banner_44.png

#767 2009-11-11 11:07:07

Ideadude1999
Scratcher

Who wouldn't want to be curator, its like my scratch dream!!! Correction: it is!!!  The projects i would put up are games. I feel like games are like the original scratch. Like scratch is for games only. I don't know, but i hope you pick me as a curator.

Ideadude1999

#768 2009-11-11 20:00:56

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

pinochio wrote:

pinochio wrote:

]I think i would choose english projects and projects in different languages because they enever get much attention, I would also pick simple yet intellegent and entertaining games and animations that are not so famous. But All in all, I would just pick projectss I like, even ones that have gotten a lot of views. (just trying to be honest)

If you could just consider having me as a curator, I would be so grateful!

Read Quoted Text. I post on this thread way to much, maybe I should just give up  tongue

yikes  Don't give up! It's just that this list is really long and it takes a while for the Scratch Team to go through the list when picking the next curator.  smile

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#769 2009-11-11 20:19:48

Dazachi
Retired Community Moderator

Greatdane wrote:

MetharQuxid wrote:

Thanks. I was really curious.

Dazachi, Retired Community Moderator
May also know me as OJACheung.

#770 2009-11-12 07:04:15

ja8eri
Scratcher

hi i vant to be one! i love scrolling games and long animations
lol

#771 2009-11-12 07:52:12

tomi_nko
Scratcher

i would love to be curator  smile

http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/9514/myownsignature.jpg

#772 2009-11-12 15:07:42

tmantheman
Scratcher

I'd like to post mostly adventure games, and some just plain old cool games.
I've been wanting to be a Scratch Curator ever since I joined Scratch. I Love Scratch so much!

#773 2009-11-12 19:02:07

Survivorduck
Scratcher

I would love to become a curator! I know lots of awesome games that nobody ever heard of.
If theres any way i could support the scratch team without spending any money (parents wont let me) then please comment on one of my projects and tell me what i could do.
I love scratch and i would love to help support it.

Last edited by Survivorduck (2009-11-17 19:22:30)

#774 2009-11-12 22:21:59

ds1210
Scratcher

I would like to be a curator because I like games that are; non-violent, original, unpopular(sometimes),& having good graphics and correct conventions.

#775 2009-11-13 19:26:23

hamsandwitch678
Scratcher

Uh..  I noticed my last speech was lame.  If I was curator,  I would pick unnoticed projects from cool users that go unnoticed.  I know a lot of people that go unnoticed, (and I know how fun it is to he on the front page and get views!). I would pick all kinds of projects, from math to animation to complex games.  Would you please consider making me curator?  Thanks!   wink

You won't get in a jam when you add a little ham because when you add meat, your life will be sweet.                     .

Board footer