This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#676 2009-10-24 23:49:38

Jake361
Scratcher

Re: Become a Curator on the Scratch Homepage

I think I asked already, but can I be a curator???  big_smile

Warriors: Omen of the Stars Book 4: Sign of the Moon (Next Warriors book)

#677 2009-10-25 13:13:19

tunasushi
Scratcher

this is cool could i become a curator? my best project is http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/tunasushi/727624

#678 2009-10-25 17:16:58

somelia
Scratcher

I haven't been picked yet...

#679 2009-10-25 17:44:37

scratchzap
Scratcher

May I be a curater? I have cool project if anyone would like to view. I have been on scratch for 8 months(if you count my old one). I have had alot of experience.  smile

#680 2009-10-26 07:44:37

pinochio
Scratcher

I think i would choose english projects and projects in different languages because they enever get much attention, I would also pick simple yet intellegent and entertaining games and animations that are not so famous. But All in all, I would just pick projectss I like, even ones that have gotten a lot of views. (just trying to be honest)

If you could just consider having me as a curator, I would be so grateful!

Flat Out G

#681 2009-10-26 17:36:26

whatsnottaken
Scratcher

I want to be a curator so i can show off my stuff and other peoples stuff to the world so that we can be a whole lot better in showing off everyones project instead of just certain ones so that its fair for everyone thats why i want to be one

It would be so nice if you would pick me i would be open minded to everones ideas
i also have a game out called Definite Pro
Thanks for your time

Last edited by whatsnottaken (2009-10-26 17:41:31)

#682 2009-10-26 18:28:42

pinochio
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

I think i would choose english projects and projects in different languages because they enever get much attention, I would also pick simple yet intellegent and entertaining games and animations that are not so famous. But All in all, I would just pick projectss I like, even ones that have gotten a lot of views. (just trying to be honest)

Like up above...

I just really want to be a curator!

Flat Out G

#683 2009-10-26 18:35:04

jacool
Scratcher

Pinochio, you would be a great curator. I can really imagine you name on the frontpage as  a curator  smile

http://i571.photobucket.com/albums/ss159/JacobKar/svensktiger-1.png

#684 2009-10-26 18:36:23

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

I wrote:

Hm, this sounds cool. If I were chosen for curator, I would choose what REALLY deserves front page, not one sprite-one script projects, but things that people actually work hard on. Sadly, I am one of those people who work very hard and never get the glory known as "frontpage", and even if I am curator, I cannot place my projects, but I am pleased that I can give others the chance to do so, and let them know that I am there to let them prosper in their career here in Scratch.

During my campaign, I will choose a selection of animations, educational projects, games, and sometimes simulations.  What do I classify as a game I should put in the curator spot? Anything that someone has worked long and hard hours on, clicking the green flag time and time again to see if they're project flows well, brings in the viewer(s), and entertain at the same time.

So choose me, FloatingMagicTree, as your next curator! *Dan dan danan dan danan danan danan dan* *confetti* *Star Spangled Banner plays* *croud cheers*

#685 2009-10-26 21:52:49

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Thanks to Fullmoon for showing us a bunch of cool projects!
The next curator is PenguinsRock...  smile

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#686 2009-10-26 22:08:16

pinochio
Scratcher

Lightnin wrote:

Thanks to Fullmoon for showing us a bunch of cool projects!
The next curator is PenguinsRock...  smile

Lucky for her  big_smile

Flat Out G

#687 2009-10-27 16:55:01

moonstarlol
Scratcher

i would really like to be a scratch curator because i'm very fare and try my best to let people know i'm listening  smile

#688 2009-10-27 17:37:11

Aidan
Scratcher

hello i would very much like to be a scratch curator cuz it would rock plus...
I am very into scratch. i luv it. i go on it every time my home computer (or skool one) is open and i have free time.
I am not very popular on scratch. it would help my projects which are awsome btw get more views. plus people would get a chance to see what im into.
that is all
no really leave
did i mention im HILARIOUS?!

#689 2009-10-28 03:45:03

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

I would love to be the curator.

I enjoy showing projects to the Scratch Community, which I currently do in my two galleries (designed for showing my recommendations to people).

Becoming the curator would be a great oppurtunity for me to show my selected projects to the Scratch Community. I could show my recommendations to a lot of people, which means that those projects (in my galleries) get what they deserve.

If you're interested in what type of projects I would show and why I would show them (that seems gone in the topic post now), I have it here.

Animations that have great value (amazing animations, and interesting effects, ie. 3D effects with layers; those look amazing and most likely deserve the featuring)
Great games (probably with something special, ie. above-average gameplay, magnificent graphics, attention to detail; everything like that packed into one game deserves featuring)
Simulators/simulations that are filled with detail, quality, accuracy, and good graphics (great simulations are marvelous)
Software (ie. code processors, 'programming languages', operating systems, etc.; ones that are truly amazing deserve the fame)
Projects that are astonishing but don't get the recognition that they need (people work hard to make those projects!)

Thanks for reading!

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#690 2009-10-28 03:50:32

Jonathanpb
Scratcher

Lightnin, I notice that the bit in your topic post about "Tell us the kind of projects you'd like to show, and why you want to show them." is gone. Why did you remove it? I think it was a nice feature (and shows that you've read the topic post).

At the beginning of the second page of posts, Andrés posts:

andresmh wrote:

I would like to emphasize one of the sentences in the call for curators

Tell us the kind of projects you'd like to show, and why you want to show them.

As you submit your application to be a curator, please tell us more about you and your goals as a curator. This will help us make our decision.

Thanks!

That's proof, so I'm not confused.

Last edited by Jonathanpb (2009-10-28 03:50:42)

"Human beings... must have action; and they will make it if they cannot find it.
-Charlotte Brontë

#691 2009-10-28 05:19:49

Lukecherry01829
Scratcher

i would love to be a curator as i want to show scratch amazing projects that haven't got any recognition from the scratch community.

Being a scratch curator is my dream

My goal of being a scratch curator is to help some good scratchers who have no recognition from other scratchers.

I love to scratch and is the best programing Language in the world ever made. who ever made it is amazing. also the scratch team is very good for keeping this site alive.

Scratch rules!!

I like creating art projects not drawing them but like rainbows and colors i quite like games as well. a love making clocks i got a clock on is own and a world clock.

I like commenting on other peoples projects and giving them advice.

I would love to be picked as a curator

#692 2009-10-28 07:16:39

kcdscratch
Scratcher

I would like to be scratch curator. I like to view and would like to share great games and 3d engines. I would like to show some of these because I believe there are many projects like these that are great but didn't get the views they deserved. I know I spend long hours on a big project and no one notices it, and I know this MUST happen to others so I want to prevent that by featuring their projects.

Last edited by kcdscratch (2009-10-28 15:12:21)

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/kcdscratch/1202796 check out my Sonic Advance 2 game!

#693 2009-10-28 09:19:51

Lightnin
Scratch Team

Jonathanpb wrote:

Lightnin, I notice that the bit in your topic post about "Tell us the kind of projects you'd like to show, and why you want to show them." is gone. Why did you remove it? I think it was a nice feature (and shows that you've read the topic post).

At the beginning of the second page of posts, Andrés posts:

andresmh wrote:

I would like to emphasize one of the sentences in the call for curators

Tell us the kind of projects you'd like to show, and why you want to show them.

As you submit your application to be a curator, please tell us more about you and your goals as a curator. This will help us make our decision.

Thanks!

That's proof, so I'm not confused.

Thanks for pointing this out. Actually, the original post wasn't edited - Andresmh was quoting from the Curator page on the Scratch website:
http://info.scratch.mit.edu/Become_a_Scratch_Curator

Come to think of it, it might not hurt to add that statement to the first post as well.  smile

Help Scratchers make the leap to 2.0!
http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/6844/transitionteam.jpg

#694 2009-10-28 19:34:41

ClubMario
Scratcher

Hello,
IMy username is ClubMario. I joined late 2007, and Iove using Scratch. Well, Anyways, I
would like to apply for this. I think it would be a great opportunity for me. I would not choose inappropriate projects, but complex-coded, advanced, fun and games, all sorts! It would be great. I think it would be a great experience! I'm mature, kind, nice, clean, and fun! Well, thanks for listening.
Thanks again,
ClubMario  wink

~ClubMario~ClubMario
~ClubMario~ClubMario

#695 2009-10-28 23:45:01

illusionist
Retired Community Moderator

ClubMario wrote:

Hello,
IMy username is ClubMario. I joined late 2007, and Iove using Scratch. Well, Anyways, I
would like to apply for this. I think it would be a great opportunity for me. I would not choose inappropriate projects, but complex-coded, advanced, fun and games, all sorts! It would be great. I think it would be a great experience! I'm mature, kind, nice, clean, and fun! Well, thanks for listening.
Thanks again,
ClubMario  wink

Very persuasive!  wink

http://i.imgur.com/8LX1NrV.png

#696 2009-10-29 16:59:12

venus8000
Scratcher

I'd love to be curator. I love good drawings, and most things that seem to have had a lot of effort put into them.
tongue
http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/gallery/3243.png?t=2009-10-29+16%A57%3A50

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/gallery/73576.png?t=2010-02-20+10%3A25%3A31 Scratch on, and please, help the environment here! Just ask to join!

#697 2009-10-29 23:10:32

Greatdane
Scratcher

I'd like to be curator sometime. I somehow encounter new, awesome projects from unknown people. I've never been banned from anything before, and I try to help the community by answering questions and giving more information about subjects. I always love a good tool people can use to help build on their projects. But I am a very picky person, so I only choose what I really like.  smile

During my spot as curator, I would choose projects that are unknown, with a great potential of glory. I myself remember that I felt unnoticed and nearly a faint in Scratch, and I hope while I am curator, other people will feel the exact opposite. I've already chosen a couple 'starter' projects, just in case.

In case I don't become 'curator', I would like to congratulate whoever does and wish them a happy reign as the top picker for the flavor of scratch.

Hope you take my request,

Greatdane

Last edited by Greatdane (2009-11-24 18:40:58)

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.
        ~ Eleanor Roosevelt

#698 2009-10-30 07:19:10

pinochio
Scratcher

pinochio wrote:

haha I post on this to much! But please, look at the qouted phrase...

Flat Out G

#699 2009-10-30 18:29:21

Gamedawg
Scratcher

I would love to be a curator.  I often fav projects that aren't that popular yet.

#700 2009-10-30 18:40:38

mariodog22
Scratcher

I want to be a curator or whatever. I like complex projects like projects that you can't make in 20 minutes

Mariodog22

Board footer