This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-10-13 22:02:13

J0j2
Scratcher

TBG Nominees and their reasons:

RE: THIS TOPIC IS NOW CLOSED. (UNOFFICIALLY.)

Penguinsrock wrote:

1, 2, and 4 for sure...But 3 I haven't been on scratch too long but I think I'll be able to do it. No. 5 about bias. whenever I do that, I seem to be able to correct my mistakes and be forgiven for it. Whenever I do, I sooner or later feel bad about it on my own.
Extra points:
Though I may be young, I can go on scratch and probably moderate well. I go on scratch alot.

nikkiperson2 wrote:

Well I've been on Scratch since 2007, and I really like the TBG. Whenever I have never started/caused/contributed to a Flame War, and I am NOT biased (I.E. if one of my friends is spamming, I won't call them out on it just because they're my friend; I'll give them a warning, just like everyone else.) I spend a lot of time in the TBG, so I'll always be on the lookout, and I'm fair  smile

demosthenes wrote:

Copied from the stikied thread:

wiimaster wrote:

i would like to be a moderator. i do go on scratch every day.

FantasyTales wrote:

i'd love to run for these fake elections  big_smile

1.yes i am definately willing to lend a hand to other scratchers and devote my time to this, plus i will be here a while haha.  i hope im a nice person too i try to be  smile
2. I am ready to have responsibility. im vice president of DG Games lol if that isnt full of pressure then what is haha.
3. I have been on scratch for around a year and a half not as long as you lol.
4. I have a good sense of right and wrong, and strive to be just, i gew up going to a catholic school  smile
5. I can control being bias. this is true because though i always have an opinion i wont let that get in the way of whats fair.

Just some evidence for voters to decide on.

Last edited by J0j2 (2009-10-16 15:53:59)

Happiness is a habit. You can help the world practice happiness a little more. Visit the 'Happiness List' below and post a list of 100 things that make you happy!
http://i.imgur.com/dMpk2.jpg?1?4499

#2 2009-10-13 22:57:34

Dream-Caster
Scratcher

Re: TBG Nominees and their reasons:

Re: The closing of the text-based games forums (in 1 week)
I would like to be a mod for the following reasons,

1 I have experience moderating on some forums,
2 I been on scratch for awhile on some other accounts before this one and I flag inappropriate stuff any chance i get,
3 I am on scratch every day.

I have watch scratch grow and I showed my friend Dolfus555 scratch and he created the best project ever on top loved with over one thousand love its.Super mario galaxy,although he has moved on to xbox live XD hahaha. I have made many friends BEFORE they became "famous".I plan to stay on Scratch for awhile and I don't plan on leaving.Text based forums was most likely the best thing that happened to this site (besides the curse filters) and I love role-playing.I been role-playing ever since i signed up on neopets so i would like to encourage the recreation of this forum and might possibly help by being a moderator.

:U

sgfdg

#3 2009-10-14 07:52:47

demosthenes
Retired Community Moderator

Copied from the stikied thread:

demosthenes wrote:

Nice choice, I whole-heartedly agree with your reasons. Even though I am in favor of the closing of Text-based-games I would like to moderate the new website if it ever actually appears  smile  This is for several reasons:
1. I know a lot of people really want this people to stay open and I would love to help them by providing my support to their website.
2. I spend so much time on the scratch forums that I would love to have a nice title go along with my name  wink

Of course you don't have to accept my offer, I'd just like to help.

Oh EDIT: I'm going to copy what coolstuff said because it had a nice ring and makes the point I was looking for words for "I would love to have the opportunity to give back to scratch."

I've taken a long hiatus, but I still visit sometimes. Give me some time to answer any messages you post on my projects!

#4 2009-10-14 11:22:54

Staraptor
Scratcher

I vote for Wiimaster because what he said is true.

"Life is a video game. No matter how good you get, you always end up getting zapped." -Shiregu Miamoto

#5 2009-10-14 12:10:02

nikkiperson2
Scratcher

Well I've been on Scratch since 2007, and I really like the TBG. Whenever I have never started/caused/contributed to a Flame War, and I am NOT biased (I.E. if one of my friends is spamming, I won't call them out on it just because they're my friend; I'll give them a warning, just like everyone else.) I spend a lot of time in the TBG, so I'll always be on the lookout, and I'm fair  smile

http://i.imgur.com/h9L7Ktb.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/Hz1Cg2s.png

#6 2009-10-14 12:16:00

Mr_X
Scratcher

nikkiperson2 wrote:

You got my vote, and Blade says you got his vote too, but iunno if that counts

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8656/exveemonc.gif The rules of the internet:
1) Every woman is a man    2) Every man is a child    3) Every child is an FBI agent                                        I have psychopathic tendencies. Be afraid

#7 2009-10-14 19:18:55

wiimaster
Scratcher

may i have my speech changed? mine is too short. if i had known i would be quoted, i would of made a speech if i were allowed.

my 'speech':

i would love to be a mod on the new TBG. i go on scratch every day, and ive been on scratch for a while. i go on TBG a lot as well. i will use better grammar too  tongue 
i also have rarely taken sides in arguments, and never will if im a mod. also i havent made fun of a scratcher in any way i dont think, and i think most scratchers like me.

can you change it please?

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss286/wiimaster1/Wiimaster_zps107dca4c.gif

#8 2009-10-14 19:21:07

adriangl
Scratcher

I would like to be a moderator of the new forum. I check the forums just about every day, I have been a user for over 2 years, and I have been a moderator on a very active forum before. I have never been in a flame war, and I know how to moderate.

Scratchin' since 2007

#9 2009-10-14 22:04:22

J0j2
Scratcher

adriangl wrote:

I would like to be a moderator of the new forum. I check the forums just about every day, I have been a user for over 2 years, and I have been a moderator on a very active forum before. I have never been in a flame war, and I know how to moderate.

I'm sorry but the volenteering is not open any longer for the unofficial election. But the polls are.

Happiness is a habit. You can help the world practice happiness a little more. Visit the 'Happiness List' below and post a list of 100 things that make you happy!

#10 2009-10-15 07:21:52

demosthenes
Retired Community Moderator

I'd like to remove my name from list of nominees.

I've taken a long hiatus, but I still visit sometimes. Give me some time to answer any messages you post on my projects!

#11 2009-10-15 09:00:20

Staraptor
Scratcher

Im too busy to be a mod, but I DESPARATELEY want a new TBG.

"Life is a video game. No matter how good you get, you always end up getting zapped." -Shiregu Miamoto

#12 2009-10-15 10:53:19

Mr_X
Scratcher

My friend pie told me that he was awsome and tastes great and that you guys should vote for Nikki

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/8656/exveemonc.gif The rules of the internet:
1) Every woman is a man    2) Every man is a child    3) Every child is an FBI agent                                        I have psychopathic tendencies. Be afraid

#13 2009-10-15 15:49:07

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Oh my goodness. Look. Theres no rush for the election. Why are all of the nominees 'chosen'. Hello. Read the main stickied topic. And go off of that. I say it should be closed this Saturday. Maybe later. I think you just want the least amount of competition possible. You're not the boss...

http://i.imgur.com/WBkM2QQ.png

#14 2009-10-15 15:50:34

Lucario621
Community Moderator

J0j2 wrote:

adriangl wrote:

I'm sorry but the volenteering is not open any longer for the unofficial election. But the polls are.

Your not the boss. Why can't there be others? Give an explanation.

#15 2009-10-15 20:37:01

J0j2
Scratcher

Lucario621 wrote:

J0j2 wrote:

adriangl wrote:

Your not the boss. Why can't there be others? Give an explanation.

oK. I would like to clarify everything. I am starting over. The whole original thing went bust because I didn't set a deadline but someone made the poll. I didn't know this and was given the link. I am starting over. Please, please, don't be mad. I can't have people mad at me. Actually, I would LOVE if you could help with the elections. I'd like it to be more than just me because ideas, help, and 2 heads are better than one. Originally this wasn't gonna be official it just turned in to a whole thing.

Personally, I think the mods should organize this a bit more.

#16 2009-10-15 22:44:07

Lucario621
Community Moderator

Well although we're starting over, I think we can still use this thread to list the reasons. Lemme quickly get mine (my sig is just a quick version).

#17 2009-10-15 22:47:33

Lucario621
Community Moderator

I'd like to run for mod of Text-based games. I've been on scratch from the beggining, October 3rd 2007 a while after the website came out, and since them, I have been active, almost every day actually, and I feel that I have lots of experience for doing watching the personality of the community, and how to keep it safe.

Though my years in the forums, I've learned from moderators how to be kind, what language is ok and what not, and I've learned how to handle problems in a kind way with this community, so I feel I'd make a good canditdate. I've worked on many different collaborations, I'm a good person with good grammar to solve problems with out people confused with what I'm saying, so I feel I'd be a great help to keep the text-based games problem-free = )

In addition, I've been do both the Scratch Meetup, and Scratch Day, both at MIT, just to prove I am dedicated.

Vouch Lucario621, for mod of Text-Based Games

Use that in the first post.

Last edited by Lucario621 (2009-10-15 22:49:06)

#18 2009-10-15 23:13:57

Chrischb
Scratcher

I noticed you put yourself in the list.  big_smile

I fall: It's a tragedy. You fall: It's comedy.
Hmph enjoy your fall - I get a lovely spring... without pans of new leaves.

Board footer