This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-09-26 13:39:40

fg123
Scratcher

Opinions about scratch

Usually before a user downloads a program, they look at the program reviews or opinions submitted by users that use that product. So, this topic is for new members to read and know how great scratch is! Oh, and also rate scratch from 1 to 5. Be positive!
Please don't say things like:

It's great
I like it because it's fun.

Be more specific. Here's mine:

5 star rating

I like scratch because you can use your imagination and creativity to create animations, games, simulations, and more. Also, even though there are about 500,000 projects now, you can still come up with lots of different ideas! And finally, you don't need to know any programming to scratch, its simple and fun!

Scratch On!

Last edited by fg123 (2009-09-28 00:44:41)

Hai.

#2 2009-09-26 22:30:17

greenflash
Scratcher

Re: Opinions about scratch

Five stars

1. You can make really simple projects or really complex ones. You can make games or artwork. There is a huge range of programs you can make
2. It's a great intoduction to programming, you don't even need to know coding
3. You can upload your projects to the website. You can share them with anyone who has a computer, and you can get inspiration from the website too.
4. The community online is very supportive. You can ask questions on the forums and they will quickly be answered
5. It'll keep anyone busy for hours. Some users might even be obsessed with scratch!  smile
6. The website is great and well designed. I love the message system and how the front page works.

That's pretty much it! Hope it helps!

http://i48.tinypic.com/2wrkirk.pnghttp://i46.tinypic.com/6r5zk7.pnghttp://i45.tinypic.com/2vtxr1t.png

#3 2009-09-28 16:28:48

06dknibbs
Scratcher

I like Scratch for numerous reasons ^^ Here's 3  big_smile

1. The community.

99% Of Scratch members are freindly or offer a little "helpful" critiscm where it's needed. The remaining 1% are the rare members that make the occasional spam which disapears within seconds.

2. The forums.

Probably my favorite part of Scratch at the moment  smile
Unlike most forums, the Scratch forums are well kept and make a nice past time while I'm busy with other things or browsing other websites.

I also enjoy the often puzle of a new glitch. I don't know why but if some glitch appears I just have to try and figure out why O_o  or if not. Read why later  tongue

3. Projects.

A lot of projects are interesting and there's always another member trying to find a new thing that Scratch can do from scrolling to animations and more ^^

Even though it has become a rarity for me to upload projects now I still use Scratch a lot whenever i'm online  big_smile

I rate 5 stars in total *****  smile

Last edited by 06dknibbs (2009-09-28 16:29:08)

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp129/06dknibbs/Untitled-3-6.jpg

#4 2009-09-30 23:31:22

thewaffleman
Scratcher

The simplicity of the program allows us users to make whatever we feel like, from artwork to slideshows to scrollers, even to AI engines (Like Jens' Eliza). The amazing thing is that there are only a certain number of blocks, but arrange a few together, and boom! Platform game. I really like the community, for the same reasons 06dknibbs wrote. It makes me happy whenever I pop on the website and the little blue bar at the top says: You have 1 message. This is one of my favorite websites ever, for obvious reasons.

I give it 6 stars.

The Revolutionary War Game- coming soon.
A game of strategy and only a few things intended to be historically accurate.

#5 2009-10-08 19:24:35

fg123
Scratcher

Good opinions! tongue

Hai.

#6 2009-10-09 00:28:57

frih
Scratcher

See i like it becuase it is really easy to use and comes with great interactive software. I am sure it can work  on large scale too. It is an awesome tool.

Last edited by frih (2009-10-09 00:29:22)

Board footer