This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2009-09-14 22:12:13

The-Whiz
Scratcher

Re: The scratch website and how to get famous(ask me anything!)

weswesrock wrote:

DarthPickley wrote:

And also it really helps to have your projects featured!!

As The_Whiz said, you can't control it
EVERYONE on Scratch wants to be featured

Yes... But very few actually do.

The-Whiz

#27 2009-09-15 13:10:53

dav09
Scratcher

The-Whiz wrote:

weswesrock wrote:

DarthPickley wrote:

And also it really helps to have your projects featured!!

As The_Whiz said, you can't control it
EVERYONE on Scratch wants to be featured

Yes... But very few actually do.

The-Whiz

Yes its very hard 2 get featured! I never got features! Like mnost other people but this is good but its not advise so i wont add this!

#28 2009-09-26 04:27:19

dav09
Scratcher

anyone else like this

#29 2009-09-26 08:02:26

floatingmagictree
Scratcher

Meh, this advice isn't really "good". There are a lot of points you missed out on.

Last edited by floatingmagictree (2009-09-26 08:02:51)

#30 2009-10-05 21:15:01

guyman55
Scratcher

dav09 wrote:

Welcome all new users and here we will be learning about differant things on scratch !
Well on scratch Lots of people want to be popular but most people are just a normal person that gets 12 views and 1 love-it or less so if your not *Famous* or *popular* its not that bad ! If a scratcher gets popular they usually get a project on the front page but it might take you years to get top viewed or top loved or somethinglike that ! So here you are going to learn how to get love-its,views and comments by been nice to people !

making freinds wrote:

Lots of people make freinds on scratch by just saying hello or by commnting on someones project ! So why dont you try this and see if it works , but be careful , not everyone is very nice on scratch so if you meat someone gthat comments on your project saying "your project stinks " and especially if its one of your first projects you know that this person wont be a very good freind ! Also in a while one of the most important things is internet safty which is down below . So if your first project dosent work out very well  have another go with a differant project !

now lets see how safe you are on scratch

internet safety wrote:

On scratch every member cant be watched all the time so be careful who you talk to because some people on scratch are wierd and they will say they  are only your age (if your a kid) like they will ask your age and lets say your just 10 they will say im 9 lets be freinds and yet they could be 23 or something like that ! You should also look out for these on any social networking sites (my-space,twitter,facebook,ect...) . If your on any site you should not display images of your-self especisally if your very young ! The reason is that if someone from the same city as you might pretend they are young and you meat them and they are not well your in big trouble so if your young always ask and bring an adult with you if your meating someone ! Theres lots more about internet safty so please ask others before you continue using scratch !

lets learn about the forums !

forums wrote:

On the scratch forums the moderators and site owners expect you behave on these forums and if you dont behave on scratch you will be banned ! Please respect other users by not swearing or hurting others becaus all members will hate you and you will become infamous ! They might comment on your games swearing at you and that wont be very nice ! But lets get back to the forums . The scratch forums are useful for everything  of the most important ones is show and tell ! On show and tell you can addvertise your projects for free !Many people are wondering why they cant see their but the truth is that to help stop spamming on the forum and in your signature you need 51 posts ! It was supposed to be 50 but it was a logic error on this forum and what happend was I think they said over 50 instear of over 49 !Also please dont spam your sig because ( This is an edit may not be through) in Late 08
signatures were not alloed because of too much spamming. Oh also before this post was posted you couldnt get your sig removed because of size! The size i think is 100x200 i think ask scratch team for more!
Please dont ask Why isnt my signature showing any more and now you know that if your signature isnt showing and you have less than 51 posts then thats correct ! Also watch out for fake signatures like this first one :

lets see the consequences of scratch
Ignored Account: Somebody automatically ignores you account due to certain reasons.
Deleted Comment - Your comment gets removed.
Closed Forum Post - Nobody can reply to your post.
Deleted Forum Post - Your post gets removed.
Blocked Project - The contents of your project will NOT be shown.
Removed Project - Your project gets removed.
Removed Gallery - Your gallery gets removed.
Suspended Account - A temporary suspension of your account where you can't log in.
Banned Account - A permanent ban from your account. You can never use it again.
IP Ban - You are blocked from the website from your computer and nearby computers.
so please dont ruin scratch , thank you !

lets see how to get noticed and comments ,views and love-its

noticed wrote:

1 post on the forums about your project !(in show and tell)
2.be nice to users.
3.make freinds !
4.dont abuse other users
5.dont become infamous
6.have lots of fun
7.help others
8.add your projects to add them all galerys !

maybe one day create an articl like this (It took me a long time to write this !)
feel free to ask anything else ,

scratch team are very nice but if you want to show them one of your projects please
dont do this

random person wrote:

Link to project

so if you do want to show the scratch team or anyone else , please dont do that so
try this

random person wrote:

Link to projecthi i made a project and i gave a link back there so do you like it ?

now remember scratch team are very buissy so if the dont answer please dont worry it dosent mean your project is bad !

Thanks Theo Marr and WierdF for some edited suggestions!

dav09,
                                      scratch on

The whole world thinks that im INFAMUS for n oreson

#31 2009-10-06 12:14:15

dav09
Scratcher

guyman55 wrote:

dav09 wrote:

Welcome all new users and here we will be learning about differant things on scratch !
Well on scratch Lots of people want to be popular but most people are just a normal person that gets 12 views and 1 love-it or less so if your not *Famous* or *popular* its not that bad ! If a scratcher gets popular they usually get a project on the front page but it might take you years to get top viewed or top loved or somethinglike that ! So here you are going to learn how to get love-its,views and comments by been nice to people !

making freinds wrote:

Lots of people make freinds on scratch by just saying hello or by commnting on someones project ! So why dont you try this and see if it works , but be careful , not everyone is very nice on scratch so if you meat someone gthat comments on your project saying "your project stinks " and especially if its one of your first projects you know that this person wont be a very good freind ! Also in a while one of the most important things is internet safty which is down below . So if your first project dosent work out very well  have another go with a differant project !

now lets see how safe you are on scratch

internet safety wrote:

On scratch every member cant be watched all the time so be careful who you talk to because some people on scratch are wierd and they will say they  are only your age (if your a kid) like they will ask your age and lets say your just 10 they will say im 9 lets be freinds and yet they could be 23 or something like that ! You should also look out for these on any social networking sites (my-space,twitter,facebook,ect...) . If your on any site you should not display images of your-self especisally if your very young ! The reason is that if someone from the same city as you might pretend they are young and you meat them and they are not well your in big trouble so if your young always ask and bring an adult with you if your meating someone ! Theres lots more about internet safty so please ask others before you continue using scratch !

lets learn about the forums !

forums wrote:

On the scratch forums the moderators and site owners expect you behave on these forums and if you dont behave on scratch you will be banned ! Please respect other users by not swearing or hurting others becaus all members will hate you and you will become infamous ! They might comment on your games swearing at you and that wont be very nice ! But lets get back to the forums . The scratch forums are useful for everything  of the most important ones is show and tell ! On show and tell you can addvertise your projects for free !Many people are wondering why they cant see their but the truth is that to help stop spamming on the forum and in your signature you need 51 posts ! It was supposed to be 50 but it was a logic error on this forum and what happend was I think they said over 50 instear of over 49 !Also please dont spam your sig because ( This is an edit may not be through) in Late 08
signatures were not alloed because of too much spamming. Oh also before this post was posted you couldnt get your sig removed because of size! The size i think is 100x200 i think ask scratch team for more!
Please dont ask Why isnt my signature showing any more and now you know that if your signature isnt showing and you have less than 51 posts then thats correct ! Also watch out for fake signatures like this first one :

lets see the consequences of scratch
Ignored Account: Somebody automatically ignores you account due to certain reasons.
Deleted Comment - Your comment gets removed.
Closed Forum Post - Nobody can reply to your post.
Deleted Forum Post - Your post gets removed.
Blocked Project - The contents of your project will NOT be shown.
Removed Project - Your project gets removed.
Removed Gallery - Your gallery gets removed.
Suspended Account - A temporary suspension of your account where you can't log in.
Banned Account - A permanent ban from your account. You can never use it again.
IP Ban - You are blocked from the website from your computer and nearby computers.
so please dont ruin scratch , thank you !

lets see how to get noticed and comments ,views and love-its

noticed wrote:

1 post on the forums about your project !(in show and tell)
2.be nice to users.
3.make freinds !
4.dont abuse other users
5.dont become infamous
6.have lots of fun
7.help others
8.add your projects to add them all galerys !

maybe one day create an articl like this (It took me a long time to write this !)
feel free to ask anything else ,

scratch team are very nice but if you want to show them one of your projects please
dont do this

random person wrote:

Link to project

so if you do want to show the scratch team or anyone else , please dont do that so
try this

random person wrote:

Link to projecthi i made a project and i gave a link back there so do you like it ?

now remember scratch team are very buissy so if the dont answer please dont worry it dosent mean your project is bad !

Thanks Theo Marr and WierdF for some edited suggestions!

dav09,
                                      scratch on

The whole world thinks that im INFAMUS for n oreson

i dont think so because i never heard of u ! but have u spammed or something alot?

Board footer