This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2009-09-01 13:14:17

dav09
Scratcher

The scratch website and how to get famous(ask me anything!)

Welcome all new users and here we will be learning about differant things on scratch !
Well on scratch Lots of people want to be popular but most people are just a normal person that gets 12 views and 1 love-it or less so if your not *Famous* or *popular* its not that bad ! If a scratcher gets popular they usually get a project on the front page but it might take you years to get top viewed or top loved or somethinglike that ! So here you are going to learn how to get love-its,views and comments by been nice to people !

making freinds wrote:

Lots of people make freinds on scratch by just saying hello or by commnting on someones project ! So why dont you try this and see if it works , but be careful , not everyone is very nice on scratch so if you meat someone gthat comments on your project saying "your project stinks " and especially if its one of your first projects you know that this person wont be a very good freind ! Also in a while one of the most important things is internet safty which is down below . So if your first project dosent work out very well  have another go with a differant project !

now lets see how safe you are on scratch

internet safety wrote:

On scratch every member cant be watched all the time so be careful who you talk to because some people on scratch are wierd and they will say they  are only your age (if your a kid) like they will ask your age and lets say your just 10 they will say im 9 lets be freinds and yet they could be 23 or something like that ! You should also look out for these on any social networking sites (my-space,twitter,facebook,ect...) . If your on any site you should not display images of your-self especisally if your very young ! The reason is that if someone from the same city as you might pretend they are young and you meat them and they are not well your in big trouble so if your young always ask and bring an adult with you if your meating someone ! Theres lots more about internet safty so please ask others before you continue using scratch !

lets learn about the forums !

forums wrote:

On the scratch forums the moderators and site owners expect you behave on these forums and if you dont behave on scratch you will be banned ! Please respect other users by not swearing or hurting others becaus all members will hate you and you will become infamous ! They might comment on your games swearing at you and that wont be very nice ! But lets get back to the forums . The scratch forums are useful for everything  of the most important ones is show and tell ! On show and tell you can addvertise your projects for free !Many people are wondering why they cant see their but the truth is that to help stop spamming on the forum and in your signature you need 51 posts ! It was supposed to be 50 but it was a logic error on this forum and what happend was I think they said over 50 instear of over 49 !Also please dont spam your sig because ( This is an edit may not be through) in Late 08
signatures were not alloed because of too much spamming. Oh also before this post was posted you couldnt get your sig removed because of size! The size i think is 100x200 i think ask scratch team for more!
Please dont ask Why isnt my signature showing any more and now you know that if your signature isnt showing and you have less than 51 posts then thats correct ! Also watch out for fake signatures like this first one :

lets see the consequences of scratch
Ignored Account: Somebody automatically ignores you account due to certain reasons.
Deleted Comment - Your comment gets removed.
Closed Forum Post - Nobody can reply to your post.
Deleted Forum Post - Your post gets removed.
Blocked Project - The contents of your project will NOT be shown.
Removed Project - Your project gets removed.
Removed Gallery - Your gallery gets removed.
Suspended Account - A temporary suspension of your account where you can't log in.
Banned Account - A permanent ban from your account. You can never use it again.
IP Ban - You are blocked from the website from your computer and nearby computers.
so please dont ruin scratch , thank you !

lets see how to get noticed and comments ,views and love-its

noticed wrote:

1 post on the forums about your project !(in show and tell)
2.be nice to users.
3.make freinds !
4.dont abuse other users
5.dont become infamous
6.have lots of fun
7.help others
8.add your projects to add them all galerys !

maybe one day create an articl like this (It took me a long time to write this !)
feel free to ask anything else ,

scratch team are very nice but if you want to show them one of your projects please
dont do this

random person wrote:

Link to project

so if you do want to show the scratch team or anyone else , please dont do that so
try this

random person wrote:

Link to projecthi i made a project and i gave a link back there so do you like it ?

now remember scratch team are very buissy so if the dont answer please dont worry it dosent mean your project is bad !

Thanks Theo Marr and WierdF for some edited suggestions!

dav09,
                                      scratch on

Last edited by dav09 (2009-09-14 14:29:39)

#2 2009-09-03 12:59:55

dav09
Scratcher

Re: The scratch website and how to get famous(ask me anything!)

anyone ?

#3 2009-09-03 13:02:11

RobotKitty
Scratcher

Lolz you said "Meating" not "Meeting" But its awesome advice!

Everyone's argument is invalid. Your argument is invalid.

#4 2009-09-03 14:58:01

Parr0t
Scratcher

No offense but I've never heard of you so I don't think I'm going to take your famous advice.

List of people I've heard of:
archmage
Blade-Edge
Tsunami_Enterprises
Bluestribute
Norberts
Doody
technoman (or something like that)
Paddle2See

Last edited by Parr0t (2009-09-03 14:58:54)

http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6027/parrot2.png

#5 2009-09-03 17:11:39

fg123
Scratcher

Norberts? From what I've heard of him/her, he/she is a bad scratcher. From what I've heard anyway...

Hai.

#6 2009-09-03 20:31:59

Parr0t
Scratcher

I've heard stuff too but I know him from the Super Hero sprites he has.

#7 2009-09-04 14:15:31

fireball123
Scratcher

Can people stop putting up how to become famous? you can DO those things, but they probably won't work

I did it for the Lolz

#8 2009-09-04 14:42:22

dav09
Scratcher

fireball123 wrote:

Can people stop putting up how to become famous? you can DO those things, but they probably won't work

yeah  its getting really enoying !I have only posted 1 and some people have posted 8 in one day !

#9 2009-09-04 14:48:44

Blade-Edge
Scratcher

Yeah, Doody posted those 8

http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/5145/scratchycat.gif CLASSY

#10 2009-09-04 16:50:11

dav09
Scratcher

Parr0t wrote:

No offense but I've never heard of you so I don't think I'm going to take your famous advice.

List of people I've heard of:
archmage
Blade-Edge
Tsunami_Enterprises
Bluestribute
Norberts
Doody
technoman (or something like that)
Paddle2See

you know hardly nobody ! You joined like 2 weeks ago . p.s. I dont know you !

#11 2009-09-04 17:00:32

Parr0t
Scratcher

Uh, so? You don't know me, and why should you? I haven't started any forum topics, nor have I made any projects whatsoever. The impact of me saying that to you, and of you saying that to me and completely different. It was funny of you to try and make me feel unimportant though, however it failed.

#12 2009-09-04 18:33:44

dav09
Scratcher

Parr0t wrote:

Uh, so? You don't know me, and why should you? I haven't started any forum topics, nor have I made any projects whatsoever. The impact of me saying that to you, and of you saying that to me and completely different. It was funny of you to try and make me feel unimportant though, however it failed.

im not trying to say your hated or your never going 2 be fameous or everyone hates u i just meant you have to be registerd a while and not have over 100 within a week or too  ! or u will become infamous !

Last edited by dav09 (2009-09-04 18:52:58)

#13 2009-09-04 18:39:42

Parr0t
Scratcher

Uh, what? I didn't understand any of that.

#14 2009-09-04 18:53:23

dav09
Scratcher

i fixed it . sorry spelling error !

Last edited by dav09 (2009-09-04 18:54:13)

#15 2009-09-04 19:02:15

Parr0t
Scratcher

It's still kind of hard to make out some things, but from what I can read it sounds like you didn't understand my comment at all.

#16 2009-09-08 17:28:51

dav09
Scratcher

oh, sorry

#17 2009-09-13 16:21:03

TheoMarr
Scratcher

dav09 wrote:

Let's learn about the forums !

forums wrote:

On the scratch forums the moderators and site owners expect you behave on these forums and if you dont behave on scratch you will be banned ! Please respect other users by not swearing or hurting others because all members will hate you and you will become infamous! They might comment on your games swearing at you and that wont be very nice! But lets get back to the forums. The scratch forums are useful for everything of the most important ones is show and tell! On show and tell you can advertise your projects for free! Many people are wondering why they cant see their but the truth is that to help stop spamming on the forum and in your signature you need 51 posts! It was supposed to be 50 but it was a logic error on this forum and what happened was I think they said over 50 instead of over 49! So please dont ask why isnt my signature showing any more and now you know that if your signature isnt showing and you have less than 51 posts then that is correct! Also watch out for fake signatures like this first one:

Let's see the consequences of scratch:
Ignored Account - Somebody automatically ignores you account due to certain reasons.
Deleted Comment - Your comment gets removed.
Closed Forum Post - Nobody can reply to your post.
Deleted Forum Post - Your post gets removed.
Blocked Project - The contents of your project will NOT be shown.
Removed Project - Your project gets removed.
Removed Gallery - Your gallery gets removed.
Suspended Account - A temporary suspension of your account where you can't log in.
Banned Account - A permanent ban from your account. You can never use it again.
IP Ban - You are blocked from the website from your computer and nearby computers. So please don't ruin scratch, thank you!

dav09,
                                      scratch on

Forums bit: Well most people to get banned from time to time but they get unbanned after that usually. Luckily I was never banned  smile  You should mention that apparently before late 2008 you couldn't post a signature at all because they spammed in their signature in a way which is not acceptable.

Scratch Consequences bit(After that thing about 51 posts): There are two other consequences:

Censored Forum Post: The words used in the forum post were removed by the Scratch Team
Removed Signature: The contents of your signature is not shown

Oh yeah and by the way the part you said about Closed Forum Post- It's apparently a closed forum thread not a post. Used when the thread becomes violent or it goes out of date.

#18 2009-09-14 12:45:17

SuperKing
Scratcher

how to become famus??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

i think I'm dead and you guys are my eternal punishment.

#19 2009-09-14 14:22:49

dav09
Scratcher

yes read the whole topic to see! Its really hard!

#20 2009-09-14 18:04:03

TheSaint
Scratcher

dav09 wrote:

No its not. My thrid project on my first account got on the top viewed. There are just three things that you need to get front page material. Unfortunatly, most people don't do this.
1. High quality projects. Not something that you put together, or even a super hard equation math thingy. Something that looks and acts professional. That means good consistent (Usually not hand-drawn) graphis, NO BUGS, and an easy to use interface.
2. Projects that people will actually like. YOu can be original and still be famous, but its alot easier if people already know the subject, like Mario, or Pokemon. These topics have a much higher chance of getting viewed simply because people look for them more often.
3. Advertising. First thing I do after every project is posted. I tag it with everything thats related, I post on the forums, and then I go gallery hunting, putting it in any and all revalent gallery's. I ask the people who have "favorites" gallerys to look at mine. It doesn't hurt.

Its not that hard to have well viewed/loved projects. You just have to put the time in.

(For all you naysayers, My best project has 210 love-its, and my worst is around 20. Every single one of my projects has 100+ views, with the average around 600.)

#21 2009-09-14 18:44:19

DarthPickley
Scratcher

TheSaint wrote:

dav09 wrote:

No its not. My thrid project on my first account got on the top viewed. There are just three things that you need to get front page material. Unfortunatly, most people don't do this.
1. High quality projects. Not something that you put together, or even a super hard equation math thingy. Something that looks and acts professional. That means good consistent (Usually not hand-drawn) graphis, NO BUGS, and an easy to use interface.
2. Projects that people will actually like. YOu can be original and still be famous, but its alot easier if people already know the subject, like Mario, or Pokemon. These topics have a much higher chance of getting viewed simply because people look for them more often.
3. Advertising. First thing I do after every project is posted. I tag it with everything thats related, I post on the forums, and then I go gallery hunting, putting it in any and all revalent gallery's. I ask the people who have "favorites" gallerys to look at mine. It doesn't hurt.

Its not that hard to have well viewed/loved projects. You just have to put the time in.

(For all you naysayers, My best project has 210 love-its, and my worst is around 20. Every single one of my projects has 100+ views, with the average around 600.)

Well, I will say that THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY PROJECTS ABOUT MARIO ON SCRATCH! I mean, unless you are a complete newbie, you aren't going to be interested in another small mario animation. or if they are really your friend.

Also, of course ALL of your projects have 100+ views, you only have 8 projects. People get bored looking at all of your stuff.

no offense of course  smile

#22 2009-09-14 18:50:16

DarthPickley
Scratcher

And also it really helps to have your projects featured!!

#23 2009-09-14 18:51:43

The-Whiz
Scratcher

But you can't really control that...

#24 2009-09-14 19:40:58

TheSaint
Scratcher

DarthPickley wrote:

TheSaint wrote:

dav09 wrote:

Well, I will say that THERE ARE WAY TOO MANY PROJECTS ABOUT MARIO ON SCRATCH! I mean, unless you are a complete newbie, you aren't going to be interested in another small mario animation. or if they are really your friend.

Also, of course ALL of your projects have 100+ views, you only have 8 projects. People get bored looking at all of your stuff.

no offense of course  smile

Except I don't make Mario Animations. I make remakes, of the Mario games, like World 1-1 through 1-4. And A remake of Mario kart, the one with 210 love-its. There are that many projects for a reason, and if your stands out, you can reap the rewards of it.

The amount of projects I have, doesn't make a difference. I would bet that most poeple that signed up at my time have less than 100+ views. (Plus, the least viewed ones are original, or not well used ideas, such as christmas, a archery thing and Sonny RPG.

You, on the other hand, are alot different than me. Your ideas are original, and yet you too are also very good. Thats nice to see a innovative project grace the front page once in a while.

Thanks for the feed back though.  smile

#25 2009-09-14 22:08:12

weswesrock
Scratcher

DarthPickley wrote:

And also it really helps to have your projects featured!!

As The_Whiz said, you can't control it
EVERYONE on Scratch wants to be featured

Board footer