This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2007-03-17 21:33:41

room209
Scratcher

features wish list

1.  As far as my class can tell, the text tool only works once on a costume.  If you want to put multiple bits of texts on a background or sprite, you have to fiddle around with spaces and returns to position the words around the image.  Being able to put the text tool in multiple times would be nice.

2.   Maybe this exists and we haven't found it--is there a way to freeze sprites in place, so a game player doesn't move them around but can still click on them?

#2 2007-03-18 11:16:51

jay
Scratch Team

Re: features wish list

To answer the 2nd question, yes and no. The sprite will automatically be "frozen" into place when in presentation mode and when on the web. That is, the sprite won't be "draggable" in presentation/web unless you explicitly program it to be. But, when in regular programming mode there is no way to freeze a sprite , which means people can "cheat" your games by moving sprites around before playing. The good thing about this is that you can always change someone else's code with complete openness.

And about the 1st question, as of now you're right. I don't think this is by design, but just because there is so  much to do and that's not the first thing on the list. Maybe someone else knows more...

Last edited by jay (2007-03-18 11:17:52)

#3 2007-03-19 20:27:44

johnm
Scratcher

Re: features wish list

There is currently only a single text layer in the paint editor. I will add your request to have multiple text layers to our "wish list". For now, you can sometimes work around this limitation by putting the text anchor in the upper left and using spaces and line breaks to position several pieces of text. All the text will be the same color and font using this trick. Another option is to use an external image editor to create costumes and then import them into Scratch.

Board footer