This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3051 2013-05-05 02:52:07

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

Re: Arabian Nights--A Writing Collab for Future Authors

Waffle27 wrote:

How about everyone have to post in the 2.0 thread in order to keep memeberiship

yeah, we could have fourteen days or something to reply when its opened, but then pplz like agg would have a problem.

#3052 2013-05-05 02:54:22

madbunnygal
Scratcher

also, page 38 is the whole prolougue to ss

http://i40.tinypic.com/30c50yb.png

#3053 2013-05-05 03:08:32

Waffle27
Scratcher

madbunnygal wrote:

also, page 38 is the whole prolougue to ss

THANK YOU!  big_smile

#3054 2013-05-05 03:13:55

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Don't worry! I will look through 60-65. Where are you up to?

#3055 2013-05-05 03:15:15

Waffle27
Scratcher

madbunnygal wrote:

I am at 15, but I've been posting on the wiki and stuff too. And its about midnight here =P I better get some sleep. LOTS of work to do tomorow u_u

#3056 2013-05-05 03:17:54

madbunnygal
Scratcher

A tall girl with raven hair stood at the school entrance. She was fourteen years old, soon to turn fifteen. The girl was waiting for her boyfriend so they could go have a picnic in the forest near her home.

The sun was high in the sky, with barely any clouds. Kids ran out the doors, probably to go swimming. Today was the last day of school, why not celebrate?

The girl finally caught sight of a boy. He was fifteen, with night black hair and brown eyes. He walked towards the girl and said, "Miara! I've missed you so much!"

Miara rolled her eyes, "You saw me at lunch." Her voice didn't hide her amusement. The boy laughed.

"Seriously though, History was more tortuous when it was the only thing standing between us and a good day."

"Well, come on Ezio." They both laughed. Miara calling her boyfriend, who's real name was Stephan, Ezio was an inside joke. Both of them had an obsession with Assassins Creed. To add to this, both of them were learning Parkour and Freerunning, Assassin style.

Miara pulled Stephan along the side walk, "Come on, I need to get the stuff from my house."

Soon they were at Miara's house, which forced them to end their conversation about Minecraft. Stephan and Miara walked inside, and began to gather sandwich material and salad. They also packed a camera, as the forest held some pretty flowers that always made for lovely photos.

Within a half an hour they had arrived to the edge of the woods. A conversation about how Conner Kenway would use the trees to his advantage. Miara insisted that he would climb up a large oak and use the rope dart, however Stephan waved this away, saying the Tomahawk Kill would be more effective. They soon reached a clearing and sat sown to pull everything out from a plastic bag.

It was already around five a clock, and the clouds had already covered the sun. The forest began to grow dark. The couple however, didn't notice. The began taking videos of each other using some free running moves on the trees, ' for the heck of it'. They contuened until Miara suddenly said, "That's weird. My camera shows static around the edge-"

She dropped the camera and covered her ears as it began to make a weird noise. Stephan, who also had is ears covered, came over to her. The camera stopped. Stephan said, "That was weird."

He looked up, "You know what, it is getting dark though. Let's go home before we miss the raid tonight." Miara nodded. The raid was, of course, in a video game called World of Warcraft. Tonight they were going to help a newer player with Naxxramas.

They packed up, and began to leave when Stephan's cell phone begun to ring. He answered it, "Hello?" He hung up. Miara looked at him, "Who was it?"

"Just static."

Miara nodded. Wh was the electronics being so weird?

They kept walking. It was now around seven o clock, and it was very dark.

"Why is it so dark?" Stephan said.

Miara shrugged, "We are in forest, it is cloudy, and it getting late. Don't worry, well get home."

And then she screamed. The ground in front of Miara had collapsed, and a shape began to rise out of it.

Stephan pulled Miara back and pushed her behind him as the shape was recognized through the dust.

It was a reptile head. The scales were a deep blue with lighter blues accents. The head was the size of a small care. The eyes were large, gold, orbs with cat like slits. The nostrils flared, and the creature bared knife long fangs. It swerved its long neck, trying to get a good look at them.

A powerful feminine voice came out of the mouth, yet her mouth didn't move. The voice sent vibrations through the ground and the human's bodies.

"You dare come here, so close to my nest? You humans are fools. Dragons are not meant to be caught and placed in cages, yet you insist on finding us and stealing our eggs. You have nearly forgotten, yet you always find us."

Miara spoke, carefully and timidly, "We didn't know dragons existed... But still, we would never tell, ever. We weren't going to steal your eggs, either... We just want to go home." Miara started crying, and Stephan hugged her, brushing her hair with his hands. "it's going to be ok," He whispered.

Stephan was, too, terrified. He didn't want to show it though, he didn't want Miara to get any more scared.

The dragon spoke again, "I guess your right. You wouldn't tell. However, my eggs hatch today and they need food. Why let prey go?"

Claws flashed out of the pit, grabbing Miara and Stephan. They pulled them into the pit.

The pit opened into a huge cave. Hundreds of feet tall, infact. The dragon had been on her hind legs, using her tail to balance.

"Look what you made me do to the ceiling." The dragon hissed. She flicked her long tail, and the rocks went back to how they were before she broke through.

Surprisingly, the cave wasn't dark. There was an orb in the wall, castin out light. Miara turned to see the dragon, now that nothing stopped her. She squirmed in the dragons claws to see a large body, with leathery wings folded, spines running down the back, and gems... Hundreds of gems. Sapphires, rubies, diamonds, all covering the dragons belly.

The dragon dropped the humans, 5 feet to the ground. Miara was lucky, she landed on a pile of grass. However, her love fell on a rock. The sickening sound of something breaking filled the air. As the dragon walked past them to the middle of the cavern, Miara ran to Stephan.

"No... No... No..." His legs were bent in such a horrible way. His breath was in shallow gasps.

Miara bent over him, "Stephan, you can't die, not yet! I haven't told you I love you enough, we haven't gotten maried, we haven't grown old..." Her tears landed on his face. He looked up at her and smiled.

"You've done everything. I love you too. I always will. No matter what, I always will." His eyes closed.

Miara stood up and turned towards the dragon, "Why did he die? You should have let him go! Killed me! Why?" She shrieked.

The dragon turned, "Because you alone aren't enough food for little ones."
Her voice seeped amusement. The dragon contuined, "Don't worry. I haven't finished playing with you two. Infact, we haven't begun. Look here, they are hatching!"

In front of the dragon was a huge nest, full of five eggs. Each had huge cracks, and Miara could see something inside.

After a moment, the eggs all burst. Wolf-sized hatchlings lay on the ground. They appeared to have leather like skin, the color of their mothers scales. Their mother began to speak, "Erysi,Ymi Elytlm Senos, deygh t'fyst."

The hatchling stood up quickly, and turned towards Miara and her dead love. She screamed, and began to climb a wall. She reached a ledge before they reached her.

The mother let out a laughing noise. She whispered something and energy bloomed around Stephan. His legs returned to normal, blood disappeared from he ground. His eyes opened. He stood. He turned.

And the hatchlings turned too. They ran towards Stephan. Miara had to watch the one she loved most die again? She was shocked, was he alive? What was happening?

Stephan began to run from the hatchlings, yet they were faster. One was leading the others, and prepared to pounce towards Stephan. The dragonling leaped towards Stephan, and tackled him to the floor. It bared long fangs, seeping with some green liquid. The other young dragons gathered round Stephan, watching their 'leader'. The lead dragon let the venom drop onto the human's face, where it slid down to his chest.

Then the dragon let a spark slip from its mouth. Stephan's face was englufed it flame. The predators bared down and began ripping at the human, blood splattered the floor. Eventually the screams faded.

Now it was time for another death. The dragons turned, blood covered faces looking up at Miara. After a moment they were suddenly under the ledge, pouncing at her. And one caught her. She fell down with the hatchling, screaming.

The mother dragon spoke, watching from the shadows, "My children, already good hunters, you will be good soldiers for the rebellion against the humans."

Miara was only concours of the feeling of her insides touching the aid, the sensation of a face being ripped, of a bone being chewed on. Of a life being brutally torn from a body.

did 60- 67

#3057 2013-05-05 03:18:59

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

madbunnygal wrote:

I am at 15, but I've been posting on the wiki and stuff too. And its about midnight here =P I better get some sleep. LOTS of work to do tomorow u_u

I will continue from there

#3058 2013-05-05 04:00:34

madbunnygal
Scratcher

nothing on 15-20

#3059 2013-05-05 11:08:45

lundfamily3
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

lundfamily3 wrote:

Hello persons. I will be 100% inactive for the nex three days, do to my Shakespeare.
See you soon!

Do you happen to know what the Shakespeare Showdown is?

Yep. I am going.  big_smile
Goodbye thread.... <3

http://i50.tinypic.com/zn102h.jpg

#3060 2013-05-05 11:11:23

Waffle27
Scratcher

*tear*
I can't believe its tomorow...:'(

#3061 2013-05-05 12:24:57

Waffle27
Scratcher

Got through page 50 so far. Soem stuff is on the wiki now.

#3062 2013-05-05 15:07:51

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

hey; since no one will be able to make a topic on this forum soon, AN will never have gone off the first page. ever.  big_smile

#3063 2013-05-05 15:13:42

Waffle27
Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

hey; since no one will be able to make a topic on this forum soon, AN will never have gone off the first page. ever.  big_smile

Wow, your right XD  big_smile

#3064 2013-05-05 15:15:46

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

destructo-serpent wrote:

Wow, your right XD  big_smile

as opposed to...?
jk xD

pretty cool acheivement  big_smile

#3065 2013-05-05 15:25:05

Nomolos
Scratcher

lundfamily3 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

lundfamily3 wrote:

Hello persons. I will be 100% inactive for the nex three days, do to my Shakespeare.
See you soon!

Do you happen to know what the Shakespeare Showdown is?

Yep. I am going.  big_smile
Goodbye thread.... <3

No way! I'm going too! I'm doing As You Like It! I did Midsummer's Night Dream last year!

Last edited by Nomolos (2013-05-05 15:26:41)

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#3066 2013-05-05 15:44:59

Waffle27
Scratcher

Could someone do 50-60 for me please? My eyes are about to fall out of my skull, I've been doing this all morning

#3067 2013-05-05 15:50:06

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

-.-

now my computer wont let me edit the wiki.

my electronics dont want me to put anything on the wiki. or maybe my cat messed them up by sitting on them.

#3068 2013-05-05 16:01:39

Waffle27
Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

-.-

now my computer wont let me edit the wiki.

my electronics dont want me to put anything on the wiki. or maybe my cat messed them up by sitting on them.

Excuses, excuses...
Lol, joking. You can just repost them like madbunny was doing then I add them to the wiki.

#3069 2013-05-05 16:11:55

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

k

#3070 2013-05-05 16:15:24

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

chapter 4

Coil bared his teeth at yet another shark that had been stupid enough to engage him. It made a pathetic noise and darted away. Coil then spun around to snap at the thin barracudas that were trying to sneak off with the group’s whale meat. It swam quickly away. Coil was getting tired of having to fend off all the thieves and attackers that came to them. He thought for a moment, drifting lazily in the current. Then he decided that everyone in the group should learn combat. ”Hey, guys, come over here.”

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

“What?” “You want us to FIGHT?” “But why?” Coil looked at the group. They couldn’t seem to find a common question about his statement. “I can fight off all the big things, but everyone needs to know how to protect themselves if something happens.” “I can already do that!” Crystal protested. “Having a weapon doesn’t make you a master, Crystal.” Coil responded.” you all need to learn combat.” Coil gradually, one by one, wore them down until they had all agreed to learn. Then he got to work.” I don’t know much about weapons, so mostly you’ll be teaching yourselves. But I can help with the basics.” “Does anyone besides Crystal have any weapon experience?” “I have some experience with the sword.” Rarse piped up.

“Good. You can learn to use the sword. Anyone else?” No one responded

“Ok, then. Epher, you can learn double daggers if it’s ok with you.”

“But why daggers?” Epher asked.

“Because,” Coil said,”We have some.”

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

“What? We don’t have any daggers.” Epher said. “We don’t have ANY weapons.”

Coil shook his head vigorously. Two steel daggers glimmered as they sank to the sandy seafloor. Rarse swam over and picked the weapons up.

“What? How?” Epher sputtered.

“They’re like a crown. When the future king is born, two daggers are set into his horns in such a way that they can only be shaken out by a certain movement, and can be put back in.”

“You can use these.” Coil said, “If you don’t lose them.”

“I won’t” Epher said.
ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

The sound of coral smacking coral echoed throughout the reef. Coil had sliced a coral pillar into pieces to make a sword and shield for Rarse, and two daggers for Epher, which Rarse had strapped to his fins, and another sword for Crystal. “This way, your sword will stay sharp for when you need it.” Coil explained to Crystal.  Amaya was using her hooves, for the coral was too sharp to hit with her tail. They had been training for over an hour. Epher was fast and agile, but didn’t hit very hard in his seal form. Rarse was a natural with the sword, and Amaya was pulverizing the coral. Despite having probably trained with the sword for years, Rarse was almost as good as Crystal. Deciding they had enough for one day he called a rest. For ten days, they practiced an hour when the sun was shining and two hours at night. Then Coil decided that they were ready for an actual fight. After a two day rest, Coil killed a whale and set the carcass down in the middle of a clearing in a kelp forest. Then he told Epher to float over it. The rest of the group retreated into the kelp. After a while, drawn by the scent of blood, a mako shark swam into the clearing. It paused when it saw Epher, then deciding that he wasn’t a threat, swam directly at it. Epher repeated the action. The shark was surprised by that, and stopped dead. Epher sped toward it, at the last second altering course, going under the shark’s belly and slicing a long gash with one of the coral daggers. Then he continued into the kelp. Having seen what happened, the rest of the group, except Coil, charged out of the kelp. After being cut and bruised multiple times, the shark gave up and fled.

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

After finishing the feast of various types of succulent fish and seaweed, Coil announced that he had actual weapons for Rarse and Epher. He then gave them each their weapon. Rarse was delighted at the sword, shield, and scabbard he received. The sword was plain, with a three foot steel blade and a cloth grip. It was double-bladed and had a pommel shaped like brain coral. The shield was scalloped, and depicted waving seaweed. The scabbard hung on his back, held by a strap. The strap was plain whale leather, but the scabbard was steel.
Rarse thanked Coil, and then Epher received two daggers. Coil’s were to be used only in emergencies. The daggers were steel, with a razor tip. There was a slot in each handle that whale leather straps could be slid through for use in seal form. The pommels were shaped like the tail of a fish.
The group then appointed Rarse as guard and slept.

Last edited by destructo-serpent (2013-05-05 16:16:18)

#3071 2013-05-05 16:15:37

Waffle27
Scratcher

thanks. I will get 68-70 since thats where madbunny did

#3072 2013-05-05 16:17:41

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

one of wafflez reviews

Book: Silverwing
Genre: Fiction
Style: Adventure
Readers: 2/10
Rating: 8/10
Summary: Bats are one of the most interesting creatures out there. They rock the best of two worlds. They have fur, but they also have wings. Despite common belief, bats aren’t blind, they can see just fine, even though they can only see in black, white, and various shades of gray. Staying true to a bat’s limited color scheme, Kenneth Oppel doesn’t mention a single color in his book “Silverwing”.
    In this novel, Shade, a Silverwing bat, has always been too curious for his own good. As the runt of his colony, Shade wants to impress the bigger of the kids. All he wanted was to show them he was brave too. What he got was a whole lot worse.
    Suddenly, Shade is separated from his colony in a huge storm during their journey to Hibernaculum. With the help of his new friend, Marina, Shade must find his way to Hibernaculum and his colony. But with a hungry vampire bat on their trail, how long will Shade be able to last?
    Join Shade on his thrilling adventure as he faces rats, pigeons, and owls. Will he be able to find his colony while avoiding the danger of owls? Or will Shade fail, and never learn the secret of the sun, humans, and the mysterious bands?

#3073 2013-05-05 16:24:43

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

another waffle review. but i gtg for a while now.

Book: The Sisters Grimm Books 1-7 by Michael Buckley
Genre: Fantasy
Style: Action, Adventure, Mystery
Readers: 1/5
Rating: 4.5/5
Summary: Sabrina and Daphne Grimm have been to various different foster homes ever since their parents went missing. The only clue to their whereabouts is a vibrant scarlet handprint stamped on the hood of the family car that they were traveling in when they disappeared. The only clue, that is, until the girls move in with Granny Relda—the grandmother from their father’s side—whom they had until previous notice thought dead.
    Suddenly, their world changes dramatically. After learning about that they are descended from the Brothers, Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm, Granny Relda informs them of the “Everafters”, or fairytale creatures, occupying Ferryport landing along with them.
    With each book comes a new member of the evil organization “the Scarlet Hand” whom along with kidnapping Sabrina and Daphne’s parents, Henry and Veronica Grimm, have also committed lots of other illegal crimes. Can Sabrina and Daphne rescue their parents with the threat of the Scarlet Hand floating above their heads? This book is full of action, suprises, and suspense. Most of them are in the 200-300 page range, and are a fun read for any reader who loves magic and fairytales, or secret organizations, mixed in with modern day settings.

#3074 2013-05-05 16:25:35

Waffle27
Scratcher

Since this is the very first Arabian Star, we have quite a few updates to inform you of. Here, Destructo-serpent, our Updates person, will be telling you about what’s new in Arabian Nights.
Hi. Hello. Bounjour. Hola. Guten tag. Aloha. γειά σου. 你好. Whatever. I’m D-serp. A few updates this issue. Not too many. You won’t have to just skim it. You probably have the little time it takes to read this before you go to the other parts of the paper, or leave if you already have. But, without further ado, the updates! *cue cheering*
•    The Arabian Nights Collab, Arabian Nights Gamin, and Arabian Star have been founded!!
•    ShadowofArt has made an E-Reader for the collab!!
•    We have {8} members!!
•    We’re doing two book, “Sea Searchers” and “Superhuman”!!
•    (both the books we’re doing currently are my idea, btw. Just some information. Not gloating or anything :-D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll put this on the Arabian Star section on the site. brb

#3075 2013-05-05 17:20:53

Waffle27
Scratcher

Through page 80. Gah...

Board footer