This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#3026 2013-05-02 19:15:57

Waffle27
Scratcher

Re: Arabian Nights--A Writing Collab for Future Authors

Blazingwave wrote:

The other problem with using a website most of the time is we'll get less members.
Members join a collab that looks very active. If they see nothing on our topic then they won't know we are active. Also a website will put members off from joining if they don't have an email.
But that is just the negative points, there are lots of benefits and well.

Yeah, good point (s).
I was thinking we would still have a forum thread and everything on this site too, and pretty much everyone wants to join to be a writer than they see: "oh. no writers. I guess I'll join a different collab/start my own collab." anyways.
The members who dont have an email can still use the scratch thread and we would interact with them there  smile 
(But I don't know why nobody would have no email since they managed to join scratch, but maybe they had an email then but not now or something like that)

Last edited by Waffle27 (2013-05-02 19:16:08)

#3027 2013-05-02 19:23:06

Blazingwave
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

(But I don't know why nobody would have no email since they managed to join scratch, but maybe they had an email then but not now or something like that)

It actually says guardian/parent email, so lots of people would have used their parents/guardians email but probably aren't allowed to use it for other stuff.

I don't like the idea of this.

Waffle27 wrote:

The members who dont have an email can still use the scratch thread and we would interact with them there  smile

http://i42.tinypic.com/t8nrlh.gif  http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Blazingwave&action=onlineStatus&online=http://i49.tinypic.com/25flloj.gif=http://i45.tinypic.com/o8i97l.gif
http://i41.tinypic.com/s1lyyo.jpg

#3028 2013-05-02 19:31:49

Waffle27
Scratcher

Okay, sorry  sad  I dont know what we'll do then.
(I'm still  going to be more active on this thread/the 2.0 thread because nobody has practically said anything on the new website anyway, mostly just talking about our favorite books and our books that we are writing. Ironically, nobody has said anything about the website/Arabian Nights yet except for two ideas that I'm going to put in the idea box soon  smile  )

#3029 2013-05-03 01:09:49

Waffle27
Scratcher

Okay, guys could you find your work and bump it up/post it on the wiki please? We are going to lose so much of our work if we don't!

Also Blaze, will we be able to look at this thread again or will it be completely gone?

#3030 2013-05-03 01:11:43

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Okay, guys could you find your work and bump it up/post it on the wiki please? We are going to lose so much of our work if we don't!

Also Blaze, will we be able to look at this thread again or will it be completely gone?

work on wiki.
k. this'll take a while.

#3031 2013-05-03 01:12:14

Waffle27
Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

work on wiki.
k. this'll take a while.

k thanks

#3032 2013-05-03 01:14:41

Waffle27
Scratcher

Questions:

-Lund, are you going to recreate the Gamemaking thread?
-bunny, are you going to recreate the Arabian Star advertisement column?

#3033 2013-05-03 19:54:43

madbunnygal
Scratcher

idk i'll find it

http://i40.tinypic.com/30c50yb.png

#3034 2013-05-03 20:07:46

Waffle27
Scratcher

madbunnygal wrote:

idk i'll find it

I put it on the first post so you dont have to look far  wink  XD

#3035 2013-05-04 01:06:18

lundfamily3
Scratcher

Hello persons. I will be 100% inactive for the nex three days, do to my Shakespeare.
See you soon!

http://i50.tinypic.com/zn102h.jpg

#3036 2013-05-04 01:30:09

Waffle27
Scratcher

lundfamily3 wrote:

Hello persons. I will be 100% inactive for the nex three days, do to my Shakespeare.
See you soon!

OK!  smile  Have fun/good luck on Shakespeare! wait, 3 more days...thats May 6th! The day the entire site shuts down! I guess that was your final goodbye to the 1.4 thread huh?  sad

#3037 2013-05-04 13:40:36

Nomolos
Scratcher

lundfamily3 wrote:

See you soon!

Do you happen to know what the Shakespeare Showdown is?

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#3038 2013-05-05 00:25:40

Waffle27
Scratcher

We should start being more active on the site for now, seeing as we have only one and a half more days with this thread. I have saved the first post in a word document. Everybody, important important please please please check the wiki to make sure your stuff is on and if not get it on there please :3 I think I have everything but I might be missing parts of Nomo, lund, and bunny's parts. And dserps chapter 4 for SS. Thanks guys.

#3039 2013-05-05 01:11:46

madbunnygal
Scratcher

Can you put my parts on the wiki? I don't understand it!  yikes

#3040 2013-05-05 01:30:36

Waffle27
Scratcher

madbunnygal wrote:

Can you put my parts on the wiki? I don't understand it!  yikes

Yeah sure. Do you remember what page they were on?

#3041 2013-05-05 01:31:46

madbunnygal
Scratcher

No.............................................................................. Oh no!

#3042 2013-05-05 01:34:42

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

nonononononoNONONONONONONONO

my flash drive glitched! i can't access my stories!  yikes

#3043 2013-05-05 01:41:46

Waffle27
Scratcher

UhOh. This is the dramatic part where its the cliamx of the story and everything that bad can happen does and the MC's have just a day to fix everything...

Ok. Let's scan everything, I'll do 1-50 between today and tomorow. Should I post everything I find on the website? Or the wiki? The wiki we sort of have to put in order, so maybe I'll post it on the website. Yeah. Ok. Dang...
Well here I go, might get through 15 tonight if I'm luvky.

#3044 2013-05-05 01:42:39

madbunnygal
Scratcher

I'll do 50-60 for now

#3045 2013-05-05 01:48:28

Waffle27
Scratcher

k thanks.
So far I found Dserps prolouge. I am just saving it in a word doc for now cus I dont which site to post it on.  hmm 
I guess I'll just put it on the website for now. If thats okay with everyone. Yeah. I hope it is. I hope lund doesnt get mad at me cus I did something wrong again. Yeah. Well ok. I'll just put it under something like "Snippets" for now, I supose. Maybe "Rough Draft". Yeah, Rough draft sounds good I think I'll do that.

Wait no. Lund would yell at me for posting it on the website and not the wiki. I'll post it on the wiki. Ok. Yeah.

#3046 2013-05-05 02:06:02

Waffle27
Scratcher

Found some stuff. Posted it on the wiki. Too lazy to combine it or anything. Got to page 20.  smile

#3047 2013-05-05 02:44:27

destructo-serpent
Scratcher

is captaincluck still in the collab since (s)he made that gallery and has posted once to join?

#3048 2013-05-05 02:47:26

madbunnygal
Scratcher

When Epher came to, blurry faces were dancing above him. He struggled to roll over, but he was much too cramped and sore. “What—where am I?” he asked groggily.
    “You were in a little human boat.” Coil said solemnly. “You’re not anymore.”
    “Thanks,” Epher said, assuming by Coil’s slightly smug look that the Sea serpent did something to the boat, and probably the humans inside of it.
    “Epher!” Epher heard the Hippocampi’s voice seconds before it floated into view. “What did I tell you about the festival?” Epher groaned. For once, couldn’t he have listened to the Hippocampus? It wasn’t helping that she was going on and on about how she had told him the risks, and to be careful, and how if Coil hadn’t shown up he would have been stuck in that horrid boat forever.
    “I know, I know,” Epher groaned, feeling a tingling sensation return to his flippers. “You told me so.”
    “How did you get in that boat in the first place?” Rarse wondered. “I doubt you just hopped in.”
    “Might as well have,” Epher managed to pick himself up off the sea floor, and his eyesight slowly cleared to reveal his friends, standing in a tight knit circle around him. Seaweed waved by the sandy colored stones, and a small crab scuttled around on the sea bottom. “I turned into a human and ran into a human lab!” he blurted, then cowered, afraid of the tart responses.
    “What?!?” Amaya cried. “I told you to be careful! Why don’t you ever listen to me, Epher?”
    Epher sighed. “I tried to be careful; I really did, but…” Epher told them the entire story, from the point where he met Tattoo and Stubble, to the point where Glasses poked him and they brought him out to sea.
    “That cylinder was called a shot,” explained Crystal, “that must’ve been what put you to sleep.”
    “I guess so,” Epher agreed. “But I am very tired…” he yawned. Without further ado, Epher found a cozy clump of seaweed and curled up. Before Amaya or the others could question him further, he was soundly asleep.

Theres the ending of Chapter 3!   

Coil bared his teeth at yet another shark that had been stupid enough to engage him. It made a pathetic noise and darted away. Coil then spun around to snap at the thin barracudas that were trying to sneak off with the group’s whale meat. It swam quickly away. Coil was getting tired of having to fend off all the thieves and attackers that came to them. He thought for a moment, drifting lazily in the current. Then he decided that everyone in the group should learn combat. ”Hey, guys, come over here.”

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

“What?” “You want us to FIGHT?” “But why?” Coil looked at the group. They couldn’t seem to find a common question about his statement. “I can fight off all the big things, but everyone needs to know how to protect themselves if something happens.” “I can already do that!” Crystal protested. “Having a weapon doesn’t make you a master, Crystal.” Coil responded.” you all need to learn combat.” Coil gradually, one by one, wore them down until they had all agreed to learn. Then he got to work.” I don’t know much about weapons, so mostly you’ll be teaching yourselves. But I can help with the basics.” “Does anyone besides Crystal have any weapon experience?” “I have some experience with the sword.” Rarse piped up.

“Good. You can learn to use the sword. Anyone else?” No one responded

“Ok, then. Epher, you can learn double daggers if it’s ok with you.”

“But why daggers?” Epher asked.

“Because,” Coil said,”We have some.”

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

“What? We don’t have any daggers.” Epher said. “We don’t have ANY weapons.”

Coil shook his head vigorously. Two steel daggers glimmered as they sank to the sandy seafloor. Rarse swam over and picked the weapons up.

“What? How?” Epher sputtered.

“They’re like a crown. When the future king is born, two daggers are set into his horns in such a way that they can only be shaken out by a certain movement, and can be put back in.”

“You can use these.” Coil said, “If you don’t lose them.”

“I won’t” Epher said.
ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

The sound of coral smacking coral echoed throughout the reef. Coil had sliced a coral pillar into pieces to make a sword and shield for Rarse, and two daggers for Epher, which Rarse had strapped to his fins, and another sword for Crystal. “This way, your sword will stay sharp for when you need it.” Coil explained to Crystal.  Amaya was using her hooves, for the coral was too sharp to hit with her tail. They had been training for over an hour. Epher was fast and agile, but didn’t hit very hard in his seal form. Rarse was a natural with the sword, and Amaya was pulverizing the coral. Despite having probably trained with the sword for years, Rarse was almost as good as her. Deciding they had enough for one day he called a rest. For ten days, they practiced an hour when the sun was shining and two hours at night. Then Coil decided that they were ready for an actual fight. After a two day rest, Coil killed a whale and set the carcass down in the middle of a clearing in a kelp forest. Then he told Epher to float over it. The rest of the group retreated into the kelp. After a while, drawn by the scent of blood, a mako shark swam into the clearing. It paused when it saw Epher, then deciding that he wasn’t a threat, swam directly at it. Epher repeated the action. The shark was surprised by that, and stopped dead. Epher sped toward it, at the last second altering course, going under the shark’s belly and slicing a long gash with one of the coral daggers. Then he continued into the kelp. Having seen what happened, the rest of the group, except Coil, charged out of the kelp. After being cut and bruised multiple times, the shark gave up and fled.

ᴥ ᴥ ᴥ

After finishing the feast of various types of succulent fish and seaweed, Coil announced that he had actual weapons for Rarse and Epher. He then gave them each their weapon. Rarse was delighted at the sword, shield, and scabbard he received. The sword was plain, with a three foot steel blade and a cloth grip. It was double-bladed and had a pommel shaped like brain coral. The shield was scalloped, and depicted waving seaweed. The scabbard hung on his back, held by a strap. The strap was plain whale leather, but the scabbard was steel.
Rarse thanked Coil, and then Epher received two daggers. Coil’s were to be used only in emergencies. The daggers were steel, with a razor tip. There was a slot in each handle that whale leather straps could be slid through for use in seal form. The pommels were shaped like the tail of a fish.
The group then appointed Rarse as guard and slept.

Book: Silverwing
Genre: Fiction
Style: Adventure
Readers: 2/10
Rating: 8/10
Summary: Bats are one of the most interesting creatures out there. They rock the best of two worlds. They have fur, but they also have wings. Despite common belief, bats aren’t blind, they can see just fine, even though they can only see in black, white, and various shades of gray. Staying true to a bat’s limited color scheme, Kenneth Oppel doesn’t mention a single color in his book “Silverwing”.
    In this novel, Shade, a Silverwing bat, has always been too curious for his own good. As the runt of his colony, Shade wants to impress the bigger of the kids. All he wanted was to show them he was brave too. What he got was a whole lot worse.
    Suddenly, Shade is separated from his colony in a huge storm during their journey to Hibernaculum. With the help of his new friend, Marina, Shade must find his way to Hibernaculum and his colony. But with a hungry vampire bat on their trail, how long will Shade be able to last?
    Join Shade on his thrilling adventure as he faces rats, pigeons, and owls. Will he be able to find his colony while avoiding the danger of owls? Or will Shade fail, and never learn the secret of the sun, humans, and the mysterious bands?

Readers=How many people have read it out of 10

Ever wondered what lurked in the ocean, just below the surface, where we can’t see? Have you ever thought about the possibility of Sirens, Hippocampi, or Selkies? I’m sure every one of us has wondered if Sea serpents really exist. And most of us have probably hoped, deep down, that Merpeople have their own villages in the mysterious deep.
    For the first time, you can read a book that includes all of the above, and more! Get engaged in epic chase scenes, and rip-roaring fights. Catch your breath as a Sea serpent prince is forced to run from his rightful kingdom, and a Siren named Crystal is faced with the possibility of a complete memory wipe!
    Filled with action, adventure, and friendship, the Arabian Nights’ upcoming book: “Ocean Explorers” is one you don't want to miss. Take a quick peek into a little corner of Coil, Rarse, Crystal, Epher, and Amaya’s world with this special preview:

Book: The Sisters Grimm Books 1-7 by Michael Buckley
Genre: Fantasy
Style: Action, Adventure, Mystery
Readers: 1/5
Rating: 4.5/5
Summary: Sabrina and Daphne Grimm have been to various different foster homes ever since their parents went missing. The only clue to their whereabouts is a vibrant scarlet handprint stamped on the hood of the family car that they were traveling in when they disappeared. The only clue, that is, until the girls move in with Granny Relda—the grandmother from their father’s side—whom they had until previous notice thought dead.
    Suddenly, their world changes dramatically. After learning about that they are descended from the Brothers, Wilhelm and Jacob Grimm, Granny Relda informs them of the “Everafters”, or fairytale creatures, occupying Ferryport landing along with them.
    With each book comes a new member of the evil organization “the Scarlet Hand” whom along with kidnapping Sabrina and Daphne’s parents, Henry and Veronica Grimm, have also committed lots of other illegal crimes. Can Sabrina and Daphne rescue their parents with the threat of the Scarlet Hand floating above their heads? This book is full of action, suprises, and suspense. Most of them are in the 200-300 page range, and are a fun read for any reader who loves magic and fairytales, or secret organizations, mixed in with modern day settings.

I did 50 -60

#3049 2013-05-05 02:47:38

Waffle27
Scratcher

destructo-serpent wrote:

is captaincluck still in the collab since (s)he made that gallery and has posted once to join?

um...idk. i'm tired :-( Was plaaying kickball all day w/my brothers and its 3 hrs past my bedtiem  tongue

@Madbunny--Thanks!!  big_smile

Last edited by Waffle27 (2013-05-05 02:49:44)

#3050 2013-05-05 02:48:51

Waffle27
Scratcher

How about everyone have to post in the 2.0 thread in order to keep memeberiship

Board footer