This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-05-04 20:17:48

Luigitailsdoll45
Scratcher

Free Comic Book Day 2013

Self-explanatory.
My horde:
Sadly, I got a duplicate of Star Wars/Avatar and no other comics that looked interesting were there.
Comics:
BONGO FREE-FOR-ALL
DH STAR WARS CAPTAIN MIDNIGHT AVATAR
INFINITY
IT'S AN UGLY DOLL COMIC & OTHER STUFF
KABOOM SUMMER BLAST (NET)
SPONGEBOB COMICS FREESTYLE FUNNIES
SUPERMAN SPECIAL EDITION
THE SMURFS
TMNT NEW ANIMATED ADVENTURES
WALKING DEAD SPECIAL (Net) (MR)
WORLD OF ARCHIE DIGEST
2000 AD SPEC
ABSOLUTION THE BEGINNING (Net) (MR)
ACTION TIME BUDDIES
APHRODITE IX #1
ATOMIC ROBO & FRIENDS
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE HULK AGENTS OF SMASH #1
BLEEDING COOL MAGAZINE
BUCK ROGERS
CAPSTONE PRESENTS MR PUZZLE
DAMSELS
DC NATION SUPER SAMPLER #1
DRAGON BALL & RUROUNI KENSHIN RESTORATION
ENDANGERED WEAPON B
FANTAGRAPHICS PRINCE VALIANT
FINDING GOSSAMYR STUFF OF LEGEND
and more.
Postify.

Derpcepticon.

#2 2013-05-04 20:55:23

Sellout
Scratcher

Re: Free Comic Book Day 2013

My comic book store had free things but nothing was interesting. They had like everything on sale though so I bought a Pathfinder book and uh Silverfish or something

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#3 2013-05-04 21:09:28

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Well you coulda told me!

Comic books intimidate me though
the amount of issues . . .

I like to read entire series chronologically and it would just end up painful for me.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#4 2013-05-04 21:12:23

Wickimen
Scratcher

we usually go, but not this year
dunno why

i tend to get the ones with owly :')

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

#5 2013-05-04 21:28:06

bananaman114
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Well you coulda told me!

I like to read entire series chronologically and it would just end up painful for me.

if you tried to do that with most of the big twos stuff, you would go insane and die alone in a corner surrounded by books. it's not a good idea, trust me. Although you could do that with some Vertigo stuff- Sandman and the like. Also Transmetropolitan and stuff.

[PREPARE YOUR BRAINS FOR NERD OVERLOAD K]
I made a gallery of pictures with my haul from today but they were taken with a potato and i misssed the amazing important stuff so whatever
Depicted: FCBD books, nothing special. I accidentally grabbed a couple duplicates and I felt really bad afterwards- I'll probably drop them off at the mall tomorrow and let people have them  smile 
The next image is some of the DC stuff I bought- all of these issues were a buck each, which is great. I was meaning to check out Firestorm for a while and then Blue Beetle was an impulse. I can't resist anything Booster Gold and then that Justice League I had to buy because it's NM, first printing and a key issue. YAY WONDERWOMAN-SUPES SHIPPING!!  big_smile
And then the Marvel stuff I got- A Captain America one shot because I liked the cover I guess, it turned out to be a pretty good issue. I like it.  smile
Some Dead Avengers Chaos War stuff because they had the complete mini and some bronze age avengers- because yes. Also some Moon Knight- freaking amazing okay Moon Knight yes yes yes. I bought some F4 I was missing and started on Age of Ultron because I want to see if i like it
I also bought a copy of Daredevil V1 by Mark Waid- yes!!!!
I found a copy of Thief of Thieves #1 NM First print in a back issue bin for a dollar- one of those sold for almost 60$ on ebay recently. O-o

so in non-geek jargon:
I spent over 50$ on comics today, what am I doing with my life.\

EDIT: @luigitails: I didn't know there was a Guardians of the Galaxy FCBD book!!

Last edited by bananaman114 (2013-05-04 21:30:44)

the sun still shines

#6 2013-05-04 21:56:23

Sellout
Scratcher

I spent 35 dollars on comics/the Pathfinder book, but my mom just gave me her credit card so I didn't actually spend my money just hers (I ended up spending all $50 of it at Chuck E Cheese with my friends later though)

#7 2013-05-04 22:06:45

soupoftomato
Scratcher

bananaman114 wrote:

so in non-geek jargon:

But it's free comic book day!

Looks like their ploy worked.

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#8 2013-05-04 22:13:55

bananaman114
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

so in non-geek jargon:

But it's free comic book day!

Looks like their ploy worked.

THEY HAD AMAZING SALES
I COULDNT RESIST

the sun still shines

#9 2013-05-04 22:18:27

Luigitailsdoll45
Scratcher

bananaman114 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Well you coulda told me!

if you tried to do that with most of the big twos stuff, you would go insane and die alone in a corner surrounded by books. it's not a good idea, trust me. Although you could do that with some Vertigo stuff- Sandman and the like. Also Transmetropolitan and stuff.

I made a gallery of pictures with my haul from today but they were taken with a potato and i misssed the amazing important stuff so whatever
Depicted: FCBD books, nothing special. I accidentally grabbed a couple duplicates and I felt really bad afterwards- I'll probably drop them off at the mall tomorrow and let people have them  smile 
The next image is some of the DC stuff I bought- all of these issues were a buck each, which is great. I was meaning to check out Firestorm for a while and then Blue Beetle was an impulse. I can't resist anything Booster Gold and then that Justice League I had to buy because it's NM, first printing and a key issue. YAY WONDERWOMAN-SUPES SHIPPING!!  big_smile
And then the Marvel stuff I got- A Captain America one shot because I liked the cover I guess, it turned out to be a pretty good issue. I like it.  smile
Some Dead Avengers Chaos War stuff because they had the complete mini and some bronze age avengers- because yes. Also some Moon Knight- freaking amazing okay Moon Knight yes yes yes. I bought some F4 I was missing and started on Age of Ultron because I want to see if i like it
I found a copy of Thief of Thieves #1 NM First print in a back issue bin for a dollar- one of those sold for almost 60$ on ebay recently. O-o

so in non-geek jargon:

EDIT: @luigitails: I didn't know there was a Guardians of the Galaxy FCBD book!!

No, there isn't, but it was a Marvel Preview. I couldn't find Atomic robo. :C
I bought Superior Spider Man #2, Secret Avengers #3, and Adventure Time #12.
Also there was a 4 per person limit so I only got 16, counting the dupe.

Last edited by Luigitailsdoll45 (2013-05-04 22:22:00)

Derpcepticon.

#10 2013-05-04 22:30:16

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Luigitailsdoll45 wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Well you coulda told me!

so in non-geek jargon:

Wait wait why would you want a duplicate because I mean
I'm assuming if the average person can get it for free at a store than it isn't particularly valuable?

Actually explain everything please

#11 2013-05-04 22:43:03

Luigitailsdoll45
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Luigitailsdoll45 wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

so in non-geek jargon:

I'm assuming if the average person can get it for free at a store than it isn't particularly valuable?

Dupe was on accident. Not really worth anything. Usually a year later they're on digital
TMNT wasn't in stock, hoping to find it on eBay.

Last edited by Luigitailsdoll45 (2013-05-04 22:44:28)

Derpcepticon.

#12 2013-05-04 22:52:54

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Luigitailsdoll45 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Luigitailsdoll45 wrote:

Dupe was on accident. Not really worth anything. Usually a year later they're on digital

I meant explain everything about comic book collecting not what you just picked up from the store D:

#13 2013-05-04 22:54:34

bananaman114
Scratcher

Luigitailsdoll45 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

Luigitailsdoll45 wrote:

comixology will have it soon, man. hold out unless you really want physical issues

Also what do you think of SSM? I stopped reading at issue 2.

the sun still shines

#14 2013-05-04 22:56:46

bananaman114
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

Luigitailsdoll45 wrote:

soupoftomato wrote:

I meant explain everything about comic book collecting not what you just picked up from the store D:

Okay, I CAN DO THIS FOR YOU SOUP!!!
I need you to be more specific what do you wnat to know about
Like the industry as a whole or like the basics or the formats that the books are collected in or ah!!! theres so much

Last edited by bananaman114 (2013-05-04 22:58:34)

the sun still shines

#15 2013-05-04 23:09:42

banana500
Scratcher

I wish I could take a part in this but there are no comic book shops near my house, the nearest one is like 5 miles away.

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#16 2013-05-04 23:14:59

Sellout
Scratcher

I have to drive 5 miles to get to any sort of store whatsoever. Try living in the country-side sometime.

#17 2013-05-04 23:26:28

bananaman114
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

I wish I could take a part in this but there are no comic book shops near my house, the nearest one is like 5 miles away.

they will be available online digitally  smile

the sun still shines

#18 2013-05-05 00:20:50

soupoftomato
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

I have to drive 5 miles to get to any sort of store whatsoever. Try living in the country-side sometime.

It's ~20 minutes into town for me.

5 miles is convenient and close-by for us.

#19 2013-05-05 00:48:18

jji7skyline
Scratcher

@soup: You could always try comic classics like Asterix or Tintin. They have fewer issues and you can easily start reading from the start.

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#20 2013-05-05 01:07:38

soupoftomato
Scratcher

jji7skyline wrote:

@soup: You could always try comic classics like Asterix or Tintin. They have fewer issues and you can easily start reading from the start.

But I don't like Tintin!

And I don't need suggestions, I'm just curious how people live without reading the entire series of something.

Like, what if you missed something?

Not that I want to read them.

#21 2013-05-05 01:33:51

veggieman
Scratcher

How can't you like Tintin :"(

Some days, I wish that my posts would stop disappearing

#22 2013-05-05 01:34:28

CheeseMunchy
Scratcher

Does this mean I can rob the comic book store?

#23 2013-05-05 02:03:15

NeilWest
Scratcher

Urm, I'm not a big comic book fan but I got Spiderman and... My Little Pony.

#24 2013-05-05 02:15:37

jji7skyline
Scratcher

veggieman wrote:

How can't you like Tintin :"(

+1

How can you not like Tintin? :s

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#25 2013-05-05 02:22:00

NeilWest
Scratcher