This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-05-02 21:46:58

jevks
New Scratcher

Help with Coin game

Hi

I'm trying to make a coin learning game at the moment. It is my first game and I would like to thanks ErnieParke and Tohmis for their help. If they are reading they might be able to solve this one!

I am stuck with how to design a bit of it...

Link to project: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/jevks/3278607

I am finished with level one

I am stuck on level two,here is my idea for it...

At the moment when you click an item it tells you to pull a certain amount of coins to the till. How do I program it so that it recognise the amount of 1c coins.

I would like to have a row of 1 cent coins (for example 5 coins at the top) that could be dragged towards the till. (Leaving the correct amount behind.)

Does anybody have any idea how I could design this.

player knows how many one cent coins they need to add to get a given value. If you look at the last little bit I have three items, so far only the ball is programmed to switch (so only press on the ball) Now what I want to do is put 5 one cent coins at the top and get the player to pull 2 coins.Any ideas on how I might do that?

After that I want to add a level three where they will combine coins of various values. Tohmis that was the bit I asked about yesterday.

Thank you for your help

#2 2013-05-02 22:18:02

jevks
New Scratcher

Re: Help with Coin game

I am trying to mess with the variables for it. I have the coins lined up.

How do I get it to recognise all the coins as the same variable?

Sorry I am really confused with this one and wanting to get the game finished soon!

Board footer