This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#576 2013-04-30 22:06:33

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Re: .:; Idea Shop ;:.

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
I am running very low on ideas.
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
description: I like to make adventures, platformers or puzzles, high in graphic quality (very good drawer).
anything else: if any extra ideas are given I will give credit either in the notes or at the end of the game in a credits section.
will return every day in the morning and night (wakes up early)
smile
thanks!

Ugh... Another schedule change. Normally I have more time, though again, I've run out of it. I promise for certain I'll be back tomorrow with some juicy ideas. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

You know Ernie, i think me and firedrake can get this one. That's what extra members are for.  wink

Regards,

CAA14

I know, though I still would like to give some ideas. Yes, I understand that you two have already given some great ideas, though that's why I'm not going to give a full 4. Just 2 because it's kind. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-04-30 22:07:22)

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#577 2013-05-01 10:02:49

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

Ugh... Another schedule change. Normally I have more time, though again, I've run out of it. I promise for certain I'll be back tomorrow with some juicy ideas. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

You know Ernie, i think me and firedrake can get this one. That's what extra members are for.  wink

Regards,

CAA14

I know, though I still would like to give some ideas. Yes, I understand that you two have already given some great ideas, though that's why I'm not going to give a full 4. Just 2 because it's kind. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

Ahh, I see. Well, I was just saying. Of course, if you want to, you of course can. I am just saying that you do not have to since you have other members.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

#578 2013-05-01 12:19:50

Scratch12300
New Scratcher

I would like a fun game kinda birthday themed, please? Or should I be more spesific?
Anyways thx in advance!

#579 2013-05-01 13:39:23

Nomolos
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

Can I join as a member?  smile

Of course you can! All I need before you do join are two ideas, one about something you recently learned in class, and the other being an arcade game.

Good luck with your ideas!  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

Idea One: Volcano Blast

The plates beneath a mountain are shifting! You live in a peaceful village, but the volcano is about to erupt! Enter and explore, uncovering secrets and defeating lava monsters to save your village, while learning facts about volcanoes on the way!

Facts are little buttons in the volcano that when passed over tell you something about the part of the volcano you're in. The player can have fun while learning about magma chambers, shifting plates, how a volcano erupts, and how hot magma is! Delve deep into the science of a volcano, and play a game while you're at it!

Extra Ideas: A monster could be a lava fish, which jumps out of the lava and tries to get you!
Moving rock platforms to get across lava.
Boss could be a rock monster! Or there doesn't have to be a boss! You must plug up the volcano!

Idea Two: Stay Up!

You are skydiving, but lost your parachute, and safety is too far away! What do you do? Bounce on balloons! Dodge birds and planes, collect cloud coins while bouncing across the skyline! How long can you last?

Extra Ideas: Cloud coins can buy stuff in the shop. Like skins, upgrades, and power-ups!
Some balloons are out of helium! You can recognize these because they are gray. Don't bounce on them! You'll fall!

Last edited by Nomolos (2013-05-01 13:40:11)

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#580 2013-05-01 15:28:38

sammyuri
New Scratcher

can I be a member?
if I need to answer the two stuff you asked Nomolos, they are
1. fractions puzzle (learning about fractions.)
there is one circle in the middle and a fraction of it is coloured red. there are some fractions at the bottom. you have to click on the correct fraction. if you get it right, a 'well done!' sign will appear in the middle, and you move on to the next level. if you got it wrong, a 'uh oh!' sign will appear in the middle, and you try again. every level, it gets harder.
2. jumpin' cats
you have a cat that comes down from the top. there are monsters falling and you also fall. you have to jump on the monsters for as long as possible. when you touch the bottom, you fail. there is also a timer.

Code:

~sammyuri.

_________________________________________________________________________________

when gf clicked
forever
imagine
program

#581 2013-05-01 19:24:05

ErnieParke
Scratcher

sammyuri wrote:

can I be a member?
if I need to answer the two stuff you asked Nomolos, they are
1. fractions puzzle (learning about fractions.)
there is one circle in the middle and a fraction of it is coloured red. there are some fractions at the bottom. you have to click on the correct fraction. if you get it right, a 'well done!' sign will appear in the middle, and you move on to the next level. if you got it wrong, a 'uh oh!' sign will appear in the middle, and you try again. every level, it gets harder.
2. jumpin' cats
you have a cat that comes down from the top. there are monsters falling and you also fall. you have to jump on the monsters for as long as possible. when you touch the bottom, you fail. there is also a timer.

Code:

~sammyuri.

_________________________________________________________________________________

when gf clicked
forever
imagine
program

Nice ideas! I just feels as if you need to work on your grammar (which can severely impact how good an ideas is), and the fraction one needs more zest in it for it to be exciting, which is the end goal for every idea.

As for your second idea, I've seen games where you're trying to go upwards, though I haven't seen one where you try and stay off of the ground and not actually go up because you have to. It was nice. ;)

By the way, if you had read the Become a Member page, you would've noticed that you were supposed to ask to join and then I would ask for two ideas. I know that you put effort into here, and so I'll ask for just one more idea. If possible, could I have a idea about pianos? Oh, and I would love to see a really juice idea. Meaning, it has several unique features and sounds really good.

Anyway, good luck with it!  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

P.S. You do know people are going to notice that your signature isn't real?

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-05-01 19:24:16)

#582 2013-05-01 19:30:55

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Scratch12300 wrote:

I would like a fun game kinda birthday themed, please? Or should I be more spesific?
Anyways thx in advance!

Well, no, you don't have to be too specific. Anyway, I have only a minute before I have to leave, so I'll leave this order up for other people to fill.

By the way, next time that you order, could you fill out the Order Form? It would be nice of you if you could. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

#583 2013-05-01 21:00:56

Nomolos
Scratcher

Um, Ernie. Have you reviewed my ideas yet?

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.

#584 2013-05-01 21:13:25

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Um, Ernie. Have you reviewed my ideas yet?

Oh, yes! I have. I just need to reply, which I'll have to do tomorrow. After I give someone some ideas, I have to leave. By the way, from what I've seen, your ideas are good. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-05-01 21:13:38)

#585 2013-05-01 21:27:36

ErnieParke
Scratcher

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
I am running very low on ideas.
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
description: I like to make adventures, platformers or puzzles, high in graphic quality (very good drawer).
anything else: if any extra ideas are given I will give credit either in the notes or at the end of the game in a credits section.
will return every day in the morning and night (wakes up early)
smile
thanks!

Okay, so I'm here!

1). Trapped

Deep, dank, dark. Dark, dank, deep. Dark, creepy, scary.

You stare at the wall as you sit, shivering in a metal box.

Creek, squeal, dark.

You hold onto yourself, crying as you realize you're trapped, from the world, forever.

Dark, dank, tear.

No more family... No more annoying friends... No more home... You start to break just as a note softly flutters into the light, light as a breeze, mysterious in approach. Light seems to sing, and a strange peace settles over you.

Creek, deep, peace.

You pick it up and tremble as you read the words. There is hope. Hope. Happy hope. It says that as long as you, if you escape in the next few, dreary hours, then all is restored. If not...

Deep, sing, peace.

You get up. All is ready. You start through the box on a journey you'll never forget. Never ever forget.

Basically, this is a platformer in which you're in a dark world and try to get out. I recommend that you add in areas that are darker then others, and that you occasionally add in puzzles to make everything the more challenging.

I hope that you like my idea!

Oh, and by the way, do you mind if I put this idea into the Idea Collection?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#586 2013-05-01 21:43:30

dracae
New Scratcher

I spent some time thinking of what I should say, but I'll just get to the point and say:
Can I be a member?
Also, say I unwittingly copy someone else's idea. Is that fine?
(I'll admit. I'm too lazy to read through every post to make sure it's an original idea.  wink  )
But, if it is copied, I'm fine with giving another idea.

Anyways, as I said before, can I be a member?  smile

#587 2013-05-02 12:47:58

CAA14
Scratcher

Could you tell me which one of my ideas were your favorite sammyuri?

Regards,

CAA14

#588 2013-05-02 15:48:12

ErnieParke
Scratcher

dracae wrote:

I spent some time thinking of what I should say, but I'll just get to the point and say:
Can I be a member?
Also, say I unwittingly copy someone else's idea. Is that fine?
(I'll admit. I'm too lazy to read through every post to make sure it's an original idea.  wink  )
But, if it is copied, I'm fine with giving another idea.

Anyways, as I said before, can I be a member?  smile

Well, if you unwittingly copy an idea, then it's okay. The problem only rises if you purposefully copy an idea and claim it as your own.

Anyway, since you've asked, all I need before you can become a member are two ideas. First, could I have a project idea? It can be about anything that you'd like, and be whatever genre that you prefer. Also, could I have an RPG?

Happy Idea Thinking! And may the odds be ever in your favor!

With regards,

ErnieParke

#589 2013-05-02 20:33:10

dracae
New Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

First, could I have a project idea? It can be about anything that you'd like, and be whatever genre that you prefer. Also, could I have an RPG?

Okay, so I'll start with an RPG.

In this game, you live in the future, where people have just started living on the Moon, for a good reason. You never found out why humans have started leaving the Earth, until now, where you make your first visit to Earth.
    You are excited about the trip, though you catch people whispering about the conditions of the Earth. For some reason, they think the Earth is a horrible place!
    Once you reach the Earth's atmosphere, you notice that the Earth is covered with smoke and dark patches. As the shuttle comes nearer, you realize the smoke is coming from the dark patches.
    After a few minutes, you make a shocking discovery. The black patches are buildings.
Huge, menacing, smoke buildings. Putrid brown lakes surround the cities, and you hear a person next to you say, "Well, that's what happens when you let oil-companies rule the world."
   The citizens are plagued with famine, and you now have a mission to destroy the evil companies that are polluting the Earth. You encourage the weakened people who have no confidence in fighting the companies. You band up with them, and go around conquering the companies.
    The oil could be used in bosses (oil monsters, menacing robots powered by oil, etc.)

Next, a project idea is:
    You are a passionate scientist who wishes to be the first to discover the deepest secrets about atoms. Using your shrinking machine, you attempt to shrink yourself to an atomic size. (It's a game, so ignore the technicalities of being made of atoms, yet smaller than atoms, etc.)
    Unfortunately, your shrinking machine only shrink you to half your size, and can't directly shrink you to an atomic level.
    Your first attempt made you realize that you would need to shrink the shrinking machine too. But when you did this, the shrinking mechanic glitched, and the shrinking device teleports you and the shinking device to a different area, and the device is farther away.
    The good thing is: The shrinker isn't too far from you.
    The bad thing is: You have to face the dangers of once-weak creatures, who are now much larger than you are.

What happens is that you teleport between different environments, and face many different creatures that threaten you.

Well, these are my ideas!  big_smile

#590 2013-05-03 21:43:45

ThePancakeMan
New Scratcher

hello again ErnieParke!
Here is my form:

Number of ideas: 2
Type of idea: game
Nothing else to say, but I'm considering some sort of adventure game  tongue
-Thanks!!

#591 2013-05-03 21:54:19

ErnieParke
Scratcher

ThePancakeMan wrote:

hello again ErnieParke!
Here is my form:

Number of ideas: 2
Type of idea: game
Nothing else to say, but I'm considering some sort of adventure game  tongue
-Thanks!!

Well hello again! I'm sorry to say, but I have to go to bed now, and so I'll stop by later.

To dracae:
Again, as I said, I have to go to bed, though I'll read your ideas tomorrow. ;)

To every member:
There's this order that needs to be filled out (not the one above), which I put up as an announcement. If possible, could you fill it out?

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-05-03 21:56:41)

#592 2013-05-04 00:10:12

CAA14
Scratcher

Scratch12300 wrote:

Anyways thx in advance!

Hey, sorry for such a long wait.

I may come back with some better ideas, but let me whip one up real quick...(approx. one minute) Okay, here's one:

Bright Reaper - platformer

Description:

The child is having a birthday... But the grim one has taken it's presents and thrown them into oblivion. You, as the bright reaper, must recover them.

Gameplay:

- You must find the right presents for each level.
- there are warps that change where you are during the level in the oblivion.
- At the end, you must stack the gifts on the birthday warp(in the shape of a cake) to make the child happy.

Sorry it's so... Cookie cutter, but it's late here and I do not have much time...I will try to think of better ones...

Regards,

CAA14

#593 2013-05-04 09:16:08

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Birthday Dash
The alarm rings. You roll over to slam your hand over the button. You swivel around, rub your eyes, and race downstairs. Today is a  very special day. Your birthday. You sprint down the hallway, expecting to find the presents stacked on the table. Maybe a shiny, iridescent foil wrapped box, or a cardinal red oblong box. You round the corner and...

...nothing. Your parents forgot your birthday. You start to wail, waking up the parents  who are sleeping soundly above. They rush down the stairs, trying to figure out what's wrong. You cry, "Where are the presents?"
They look at each other with wide eyes. Your father snatches his keys and dashes out to the garage...

Gameplay:
You are the child's father. You're at the mall. This is an RPG game where you go to different stores in the mall, finding presents and boosting the "Happiness meter". When the happiness meter is filled, you can go home. Also, did I remember to tell you that you have to solve some puzzles (Sort of like those escape games) to get into some stores???
Arrow keys to move. Puzzles may use other keys/mouse.

#594 2013-05-04 12:42:21

ErnieParke
Scratcher

dracae wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

First, could I have a project idea? It can be about anything that you'd like, and be whatever genre that you prefer. Also, could I have an RPG?

Okay, so I'll start with an RPG.

In this game, you live in the future, where people have just started living on the Moon, for a good reason. You never found out why humans have started leaving the Earth, until now, where you make your first visit to Earth.
    You are excited about the trip, though you catch people whispering about the conditions of the Earth. For some reason, they think the Earth is a horrible place!
    Once you reach the Earth's atmosphere, you notice that the Earth is covered with smoke and dark patches. As the shuttle comes nearer, you realize the smoke is coming from the dark patches.
    After a few minutes, you make a shocking discovery. The black patches are buildings.
Huge, menacing, smoke buildings. Putrid brown lakes surround the cities, and you hear a person next to you say, "Well, that's what happens when you let oil-companies rule the world."
   The citizens are plagued with famine, and you now have a mission to destroy the evil companies that are polluting the Earth. You encourage the weakened people who have no confidence in fighting the companies. You band up with them, and go around conquering the companies.
    The oil could be used in bosses (oil monsters, menacing robots powered by oil, etc.)

Next, a project idea is:
    You are a passionate scientist who wishes to be the first to discover the deepest secrets about atoms. Using your shrinking machine, you attempt to shrink yourself to an atomic size. (It's a game, so ignore the technicalities of being made of atoms, yet smaller than atoms, etc.)
    Unfortunately, your shrinking machine only shrink you to half your size, and can't directly shrink you to an atomic level.
    Your first attempt made you realize that you would need to shrink the shrinking machine too. But when you did this, the shrinking mechanic glitched, and the shrinking device teleports you and the shinking device to a different area, and the device is farther away.
    The good thing is: The shrinker isn't too far from you.
    The bad thing is: You have to face the dangers of once-weak creatures, who are now much larger than you are.

What happens is that you teleport between different environments, and face many different creatures that threaten you.

Well, these are my ideas!  big_smile

Great job! I like how these would be fun to play. Plus, your first idea seems hooking, though not so much your second idea. Maybe a little more of... mystery? could be used here.

Also, I noticed that when describing the Earth, you didn't take the chance to grab the reader. Yes, this isn't a story, but there's potential and RPG's need a little touch of emotion due to their length.

One last thing; in the future, you could try being a bit more specific about your game. For example, one of the enemies that you'll be facing on Earth could be a flying cop bot, and plants could be saving-points, or even just places where you can heal. Do you see what I mean?

Anyway, welcome to the Idea Shop!  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

#595 2013-05-05 13:20:38

CAA14
Scratcher

Okay, here's the official order:

Order up!
For: Scratch12300

#1: Cake Tracer    -  Arcade mouse based game.

Description:
You have a mission.... You are who the birthday kid is counting on.... You are a sweet guy... You, are the Cake tracer! You must trace the correct design into the cake before time runs out!!!

Gameplay:

- You have to trace a pattern that is on a piece of cake(White icing).
- If you touch the white icing while clicking, you must start over again.
- If you are not clicking, then you're not tracing. This means that some Time bonuses or temporarily change the icing to blue power ups can be collected by not tracing and running over them with your mouse.

#2:  Twisted Gifts  -  Arcade game

Description: It's your B-Day! you have your favorite gift, Which you choose when you start the game, in one of the tons of gifts in your living room. But alas, you must find your favorite gift, after they are mixed up!

Gameplay:
- Basically, you choose your favorite gift (Wii U, Barbie, Macintosh, etc...), then, this gift is placed in a random box, and then the gifts on screen are mixed up.
- Each correct guess grants you points. If under 10 secs, 10, under 20, 5, and under 30, 3. Over 30 secs is 1.
- Each in correct guess in classic mode gets you a strike. And you know how that is, 3 strikes and you're out.  wink
- Sometimes, a "One Strike Off" power up appears and is also mixed up.

Modes:
Classic - In this mode, if you get three strikes you're out.
Treasure - In this mode, you lose points if you miss, so once you get to ) again, the game is over. 

To be honest, this theme is hard for me to think of really good ones... Maybe i will think of a better one.

Well, i hope you like them.

Regards,

CAA14

#596 2013-05-05 16:05:44

Nomolos
Scratcher

Soo, am I in?

#597 2013-05-05 17:05:56

pastaguy
New Scratcher

Yeah, I've been thinking of this underwater project, and it's where you have to keep the scratch cat up over the sand but don't go to high! Cause you're in the ocean. I've been working on it but it's hard, and maybe it'll give you an idea!

#598 2013-05-05 17:10:38

pastaguy
New Scratcher

Guys! I exsist!!

#599 2013-05-05 17:22:33

pastaguy
New Scratcher

Also, I wanna make some competitons! I'll make five projects with scores. Say your score to me. (just comment on the project that your on) I'll check all the projects and comments every free time I get. Once the competition closes down, they'll all turn into normal projects. And I'll check who's score is the highest, and when I decide, I'll make another project saying the winners.

#600 2013-05-05 17:55:54

pastaguy
New Scratcher

IDEA: So, you're Pastaguy as a police, chasing a crimanal, (who broke out of jail and robbed a bank) by the prison wall. Try to crash into everything you see. You'll earn money doing that. GAMEPLAY: Up arrow: Go straight and faster. Down arrow: Slow down. Left arrow: Go left. Right arrow: Go right. Space bar: Jump. BONUS: Smoke Cloud Bonus: Sends a cloud of smoke to you. You also slow down.  lol  National Destruction Bonus: Makes everything you crash into, explode.  lol  again.Big Red Button Bonus: Explodes everything on the screen. Bonus Combination: Explodes everything and makes a game over. Game Over Bonus: Kills you. Earth Bonus: Makes Everything green.

Board footer