This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#551 2013-04-26 20:41:21

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Re: .:; Idea Shop ;:.

CAA14 wrote:

ErnieParke wrote:

firedrake969_test wrote:

Finished the trig music.   big_smile
Thinking of more ideas...

You did? I'd love to see it!

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=

CAA14 wrote:

Ah, i see. One day i'll catch up with y'all math wise, i do truly love it the best of all subjects.  smile

Maltese_Falcon: Thanks, i see now.  big_smile  I was thinking, "Square root of -1? Isn't that like impossible or a very very small number?" I know about powers, but i didn't really know the operator for it, "^", now i do., thanks to you.  wink

Regards,

CAA14

Well, (in reply to your comment to Maltere_Falcon) you can take square roots of negative numbers. The negative just turns into an i, which is defined as the square root of -1. Now, you can do basically any square root! -16 becomes 4i, -81 becomes 9i, and so on. And you can even take the square root of imaginary numbers, which become mixed numbers (part real, part imaginary).  wink

As for math, it is truly the best of everything. If you ever can, I'd suggest going to some math tournaments because they have these awesome math problems that you will find no where else. They require quite a bit of thought, which I love.

With regards,

ErnieParke

Yeah, i like thinking about algorithms and the like.  wink

Regards,

CAA14

And so do I. For example, a few weeks ago, I discovered this equation:

cos(ø) = sqrt( (cos(ø/2) + 1) / 2)

It's the half-angle formula for cosine. That was a bit tricky to get, because I had to go through an infinite series, and solve a quartic equation with quadratic properties, though in the end, I got it.  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

http://i46.tinypic.com/35ismmc.png

#552 2013-04-26 20:44:40

ErnieParke
Scratcher

alfiaw wrote:

Here's an idea - a project about a couple of TAPIRS who get run out of their native jungle in Central America and they run into a suburban mall where they have to deal with a bunch of kids and the kids' reactions to them. XD

Well that'd be a nice idea! I'd just like to imagine what it'd be like to run into a Spanish (or French in they went to Brazil) mall and have everyone talking in English.

Anyway, since I see that you like the idea, why not make it yourself? It could be a neat treat for you.  wink

With regards,

ErnieParke

#553 2013-04-26 20:46:24

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Firedrake969 wrote:

http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Firedrake969/3289147

There ya go.

Wonderful! I had just imagined that you had somehow hacked Scratch and had created a music generator that created a sound based off of its sound waves, though this is still a nice alternative. By the way, have you found any nice combinations yet?

With regards,

ErnieParke

#554 2013-04-27 16:06:44

Liamadams
Scratcher

im trying your code. I hope it does something real. Not sit there like a boring lazy sign.
   •———•  |——\  |———     /\         
   • •     |    |   | |___    /  \     • •
           |    |   | |      /––––\           
• • •   •———•  |——/  |———  /      \   • • •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/——•  |   |  /~~~\  |---\
    • •   \__   |___|  |   |  |___/   • •
             \  |   |  |   |  |
  • • •   •__/  |   |  \___/  |       • • •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://i39.tinypic.com/3309476.jpg

#555 2013-04-27 16:24:08

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Liamadams wrote:

im trying your code. I hope it does something real. Not sit there like a boring lazy sign.
           •———•  |——\  |———     /\         
   • •        |      |     | |___      /  \      • •
               |      |     | |          /––––\           
• • •    •———•  |——/  |———  /      \   • • •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

/——•  |     |  /~~~\  |-----\
     • •   \__      |___|  |    |  |___/   • •
                 \    |    |  |     |  |
   • • •   •__/   |     |  \___/  |         • • •

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well right now, it is just a "boring, lazy" sign. It's not as if it's some secret message from the Martians that the Earth is going to be invaded. *Hint* *Hint*

With regards,

ErnieParke

Last edited by ErnieParke (2013-04-30 21:00:31)

#556 2013-04-28 15:11:11

sammyuri
New Scratcher

Hi!
I am running very low on ideas.
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
description: I like to make adventures, platformers or puzzles, high in graphic quality (very good drawer).
anything else: if any extra ideas are given I will give credit either in the notes or at the end of the game in a credits section.
will return every day in the morning and night (wakes up early)
smile
thanks!

#557 2013-04-28 15:23:18

sammyuri
New Scratcher

when gf clicked
forever
wait [a few v] [hours v]
check [ideas shop v]
if <[ideas shop v] contains (any idea I want)>
create project of [idea v]
end

#558 2013-04-28 16:14:06

sammyuri
New Scratcher

oops, I mean

when gf clicked
forever
wait [a few v] [hours v]
check [ideas shop v]
if <[ideas shop v] contains (item (any v) of [things I asked for v])>
create project of [idea v]
end

#559 2013-04-28 17:29:56

explodingstuff
Scratcher

I would like to try joining!

#560 2013-04-28 19:24:14

ErnieParke
Scratcher

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
description: I like to make adventures, platformers or puzzles, high in graphic quality (very good drawer).
anything else: if any extra ideas are given I will give credit either in the notes or at the end of the game in a credits section.
smile
thanks!

So you're a good artist? Well that's really nice! :)

Anyway, seeing as how it's late over where I am, I'll fill your order out tomorrow.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#561 2013-04-28 19:27:03

ErnieParke
Scratcher

explodingstuff wrote:

I would like to try joining!

Well that's wonderful! I always like to see people try. Anyway, before you join, could I have two ideas, one about exploding things, and one that's an RPG?

By the way, good luck. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

#562 2013-04-28 19:28:51

Programmer_112
Scratcher

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
smile
thanks!

OK, I'll make one.  Not my best idea, but it could work:
Mayan Ruins
You are a brave adventurer, searching the abandoned ruins of the Mayans for ancient treasure.  You go through cities looking for treasure, but watch out for traps!  Some are puzzles, some are reflex tests, all must be completed within the time limit.  Beat traps and find treasure to boost your score.  Use treasure to unlock customization options,

http://i49.tinypic.com/rk60py.png

#563 2013-04-29 13:16:37

CAA14
Scratcher

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
smile
thanks!

Hmmm, adventures, eh?

No action? Let me think.... done.

Order up!

For: sammyuri

#1 Electroid - Adventure side scroller/platformer.

Description:

You have power, the battery you're in doesn't. You have good will, the electrons and discharger polls don't. You want to save the battery you're in, the battery doesn't want anything and can't seem to make it harder. You are the Electroid.

- To be honest, i do not totally know what an electroid is or even if it exists, but basically it's a ball of positive energy.

Gameplay:

- The goal is to charge up the battery cells at the end of each level.
- You must collect enough electrons to charge them up, but beware... The more electrons you have, the shorter electroid line you can shoot.
- You don't jump, but shoot out electroid lines to receivers to reel your self in/swing to a platform.
- If you touch a discharger poll, then you lose electrons. If you touch one with out any electrons then you lose a life and start the level over.
- There are also protons floating around the levels. If you collect one, your controls are switched around, or reversed. If you get two, they are switched around again, and three will correct your controls and allow you to fly. You must hurry because it only last a few seconds.
- There are some atoms that would like to take your electrons. To defeat an atom, you must shoot it with enough electrons to cause it to be negatively charged. Then, it will explode and give back all the electrons and more.

#2 Tryson Ranger - The mission to Condor - Over head/side view adventure game. (Really uses your art)

Description:

You are a Tryson ranger. You posses amazing training in the elements. You have been sent to Condor, the ravenous moon of the near by planet Eurious, to protect the settlers that are building a base there. You start by just destroying the ravenous animals and beast near by, but are suddenly called to investigate the volcanic ocean side mountain of Genger. It is there that you find that the attacks on the settlers are engineered by none other than the Nazi revival, a terrorist organization bent on the destruction of humans themselves.

- The story is subjective, that's just one idea.

Gameplay:

- You must fulfill the tasks given to you, usually saving a base or town.
- If you want to, you can have it so that you build your own character. If not, then this is really an RGP.
- This is mission based, and could also have an arcade section, like a real game!
- You are on different map based off of the mission, and you are limited to how far you can go.
- You attack by using the elements. Okay, so this gets a little complicated:
     - You must find 4 hidden tablets(like an ipad if you know what i mean,) to gain a skill in the elements. You start with one of three basic elemental powers of your choice, Energy, Gravity, and Ore. You can pretty much determine what each of the 10+ elements do and are, but i will give these three a definition:
NOTE: after the slash is what this power can do once mastered.
     - Energy - Through energy balls/ hold to charge enormous ones.
     - Gravity - Push enemies into each other/ Pick up and throw enemies within a certain sized circle.
     - Ore - Make a defensive shell around you that shatters when released and damages enemies/ Using the power of the Ore, change an animal or enemy to your side. - You are vulnerable performing this.
- To master an element, just score over 1,000 points in a mission using it.
- If you are near a structure that is akin to the element you're using, the power of your attack will be increased. Sometimes this is necessary to destroy certain large beasts.

Well, please tell me if you're going to use any of these. Also, even if you're not, please tell which one was your favorite.  smile

Regards,

CAA14

Last edited by CAA14 (2013-04-29 13:19:12)

#564 2013-04-29 21:20:15

ErnieParke
Scratcher

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
smile
thanks!

Due to some unexpected changes in plan, I wasn't able to think of any ideas, though tomorrow I certainly will be able to.  wink

Oh, and by the way, there are already 3 ideas waiting for you above ^^.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#565 2013-04-29 21:46:00

Blazingwave
Scratcher

Can I make a signature for this?

http://i42.tinypic.com/t8nrlh.gif  http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=Blazingwave&amp;action=onlineStatus&amp;online=http://i49.tinypic.com/25flloj.gif=http://i45.tinypic.com/o8i97l.gif
http://i41.tinypic.com/s1lyyo.jpg

#566 2013-04-30 11:18:24

CAA14
Scratcher

Blazingwave wrote:

I am all for that, you Ernie?

Regards,

CAA14

#567 2013-04-30 15:05:01

Jigsaw79
New Scratcher

# of ideas: 3-6
Ideas for a animation.
Description: I am a amateur animator on Scratch, in fact, I just started today. I myself am very random. But sometimes my mind just goes blank. So just pick anything. I don't care, and I'll try to make an animation out of it.

#568 2013-04-30 15:17:02

Nomolos
Scratcher

Can I join as a member?  smile

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#569 2013-04-30 15:27:02

CAA14
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

I think Ernie will ask you to think up to ideas along certain lines, so until he's on, we wait.  big_smile
But i am sure you'll pass.

Regards,

CAA14

#570 2013-04-30 15:41:20

Nomolos
Scratcher

CAA14 wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

I think Ernie will ask you to think up to ideas along certain lines, so until he's on, we wait.  big_smile
But i am sure you'll pass.

Regards,

CAA14

big_smile

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#571 2013-04-30 17:30:56

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Of course you can! All I need before you do join are two ideas, one about something you recently learned in class, and the other being an arcade game.

Good luck with your ideas!  smile

With regards,

ErnieParke

#572 2013-04-30 17:38:03

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Blazingwave wrote:

You can if you want to, though I won't personally being using it. That's because I'd rather not swap, though other people might.

With regards,

ErnieParke

#573 2013-04-30 19:55:22

ErnieParke
Scratcher

Jigsaw79 wrote:

# of ideas: 3-6
Ideas for a animation.
Description: I am a amateur animator on Scratch, in fact, I just started today. I myself am very random. But sometimes my mind just goes blank. So just pick anything. I don't care, and I'll try to make an animation out of it.

Well, I can get what you mean when you're mind's gone blank. It's happened to me before and isn't the best thing to experience, and so I'll help out. Here are some ideas:

1). Most people have played Minecraft before, so why not make an animation about your creations? Or, you could create it about something humorous that you've done in Minecraft. For example: Buttonz

2). Waffles. Lots of people like waffles, so why not make an animation about them?

3). Jokes in general are good for animations. If you've ever heard one, you could make an animation about it.

4). What if everything in life was programmed by scratch blocks? That'd make a nice animation. ;)

By the way, I just looked at your most recent project, and I like how you squished THE and End into THEND. It was creative of you. smile

Anyhow, I hope that you like my ideas! Also, helloJigsaw79 and welcome to Scratch! I hope that you'll find everything great here!

With regards,

ErnieParke

#574 2013-04-30 21:04:56

ErnieParke
Scratcher

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
smile
thanks!

Ugh... Another schedule change. Normally I have more time, though again, I've run out of it. I promise for certain I'll be back tomorrow with some juicy ideas. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

#575 2013-04-30 21:54:55

CAA14
Scratcher

ErnieParke wrote:

sammyuri wrote:

Hi!
of ideas 3-4
ideas on a new project
smile
thanks!

Ugh... Another schedule change. Normally I have more time, though again, I've run out of it. I promise for certain I'll be back tomorrow with some juicy ideas. ;)

With regards,

ErnieParke

You know Ernie, i think me and firedrake can get this one. That's what extra members are for.  wink

Regards,

CAA14

Board footer