This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-28 17:02:35

aaron1211
New Scratcher

Creating changing backgrounds

•    Create at least three Sprites.
•    Have at least three distinct backgrounds.  Once your program is running, these backgrounds should cycle every one or two seconds.  This means that when the program is started, the background should change two seconds later, and two seconds after that.  This should continue the entire time the program is running (forever).
•    The first sprite should act when the green flag is clicked.
o    It should ask the user if they would like to play. 
    If the user answers yes, then this sprite asks the user to decide between math and sports.
o     If math is selected, this sprite should broadcast a message (perhaps “math”).  If not, the sprite should broadcast a different message (perhaps “sports”).
•    The second sprite should act upon receiving the math message.
o    It should ask the user for two numbers that add up to 20. 
o    These numbers should be stored in two variables.
o    It will keep asking the user for these two numbers until the user enters numbers that add up to 20.
o    Once the user has entered two number that add up to 20, the sprite will say “thank you!”
•    The third sprite should act upon receiving the sports message.
o    This sprite simply starts tumbling.  This means it should rotate constantly.  It should not stop rotating while the program is running.

Hints:
If the user does not want to play, nothing else should happen.

Make sure everything is visible, and does not happen too quickly to be seen.  This means that you may have to the “wait __ secs” command.

The scripts for each sprite can be accessed by clicking on the sprite.  The script for the background can be accessed by clicking on the “stage” icon, located near the sprite icons.

How do I do this? Programming is definitely not my strong suit and my instructor does not make understanding it easy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Board footer