This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-26 13:53:35

Halfmarley
New Scratcher

How do you get your Game noticed on Scratch?

Dear Scratchers,

Hello, my Username is Halfmarley and I have just joined Scratch, I have made one game and have thoroughly enjoyed the experience. I am very proud of my work and I would like to share it with the world, especially new scratchers, as I think it would be a great opportunity to get feedback on my program. But on a website full of lots of exciting and diverse things, I'm finding it hard to make it big, like most new people.

I would like to know some tips about how to get your game noticed on Scratch and I would like everyone to join in! I would also like people to post their programs as I think it help to boost popularity.

If you have any comments, please post them here! Any idea is a good idea!

See you later!

Halfmarley
P.S - Here's my game, check it out and comment! It's 'FROG'tastic!   
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Halfmarley/3283156

#2 2013-04-26 19:41:46

PaulRHJT
New Scratcher

Re: How do you get your Game noticed on Scratch?

Hey Halfmarley,

I asked a similar question in the New Scratchers' section and got a very helpful series of tips.

Gravitation wrote:

There are a lot of ways to advertise your projects, you just have to be creative. Here are some of the common ways of advertising your projects:

Advertise in Show and Tell. You can create a topic in the Show and Tell section of the forum about your project, and people will check it out. This can attract a lot of views once your name becomes more well known. Be sure to include a link to the project in the post!

Put a clickable image in your signature. Once you have 10 comments, 3 projects, and have been active for a month, you become a Scratcher. Besides being able to edit/delete posts, this allows you to have a signature. In your signature, you can put anything you like (a link, picture, text, a clickable image, etc.), and this is displayed at the end of every post you've made. If you post a lot, this will be very effective, as people tend to click on good-looking signatures.

Comment. This works for all the projects you have. Comment on people's projects. Some strategies to advertising your projects state that you should not try to advertise your own projects, but look through all the advertisements, and comment on others' projects; they and their viewers might click on your name and view your projects. This works especially well in conjunction with the other strategies, as people will click on your name if they've heard of you before.

People will advertise for you. Making your projects as attractive as possible (nice animations, cool icon, awesome graphics) and advertising using the strategies I've mentioned above will boost your views. People love to tell others they know about the "next big project" they've found, and then they'll check out the project, and tell their friends, and it goes on.

[etc]

For the full post, click here.

Gravitation makes a lot of very good points. However, I also think that what you suggested, having people advertise their projects here, is a great way to get a small popularity boost.

- – — – - – — – - – — – - – — – -

So if you'll let me, I'd like to mention my game, Ultimate Evader 2.0 (UPDATED).
It's a short, exciting play where your goal is to avoid flying spikes for as long as possible.
So far the highscore is 264, but who knows, you might just beat it!

ˆ;“*•›¸     ¸‹•*“ˆ“*•›¸
  `›,¸¸;,‹“ Ultimate Evader 2.0
        ˆ›,,¸¸¸,,‹“ Give it a try!

#3 2013-04-28 06:00:20

Halfmarley
New Scratcher

Thanks this really helps!

#4 2013-04-28 16:53:00

Jigsaw79
New Scratcher

I am too new at Scratch, and I need views and stuff. Check out my project please, it's a cool project (if I do say so myself). You read short stories. If people love it, I will expand it.
So we can make it together. Wanna heart 4 heart? I'll love your game, you love mine? Whatever you want. Check out my game:
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/Jigsaw79/3298847
Scratch on.  smile

Board footer