This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#126 2013-04-19 21:53:12

bullelk12
Scratcher

Re: 2 Bombs Went Off in Boston!!

That's just wrong

http://mag.racked.eu/cimage/i6000/Achievement++get%21/Scratcher+love+minecraft%21/mca.png

#127 2013-04-19 21:56:08

soupoftomato
Scratcher

bullelk12 wrote:

That's just wrong

The bombing or what??

I want to think you mean the bombing but who would be replying to that 3 days after the fact!!

Last edited by soupoftomato (2013-04-19 21:56:32)

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#128 2013-04-19 23:17:01

16Skittles
Scratcher

Mokat wrote:

But what if something else happens while they've got all their police in that area? Like a bank robbery across town?

TDKR conspiracy, much?

Good job to the FBI, SWAT, and Boston Police Department for ensuring that this ordeal was ended relatively swiftly. Surely every crime fighter in Boston has been working for days on end, and the city of Boston is now secure with minimal collateral damage.
HOWEVER (although surely the FBI does not read these boards, just saying) we need to go about this legally. The suspect is an AMERICAN CITIZEN and has his rights. You can't arbitrarily define this as "terrorism" and deny him rights. He has the same rights as every other American citizen. I only bring this up because currently he is not being read his Miranda rights (Right to remain silent, right to a lawyer, etc.) which while not the first time, is still a bad move by the BPD/FBI.

http://16skittles.tk/sig.png
Are you a student? Check out OnSchedule!

#129 2013-04-19 23:24:46

soupoftomato
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

Mokat wrote:

But what if something else happens while they've got all their police in that area? Like a bank robbery across town?

TDKR conspiracy, much?

Good job to the FBI, SWAT, and Boston Police Department for ensuring that this ordeal was ended relatively swiftly. Surely every crime fighter in Boston has been working for days on end, and the city of Boston is now secure with minimal collateral damage.
HOWEVER (although surely the FBI does not read these boards, just saying) we need to go about this legally. The suspect is an AMERICAN CITIZEN and has his rights. You can't arbitrarily define this as "terrorism" and deny him rights. He has the same rights as every other American citizen. I only bring this up because currently he is not being read his Miranda rights (Right to remain silent, right to a lawyer, etc.) which while not the first time, is still a bad move by the BPD/FBI.

If they don't read his Miranda rights won't the case have to be thrown out because of that one that set the precedent?

Anyway, what does defining something as "terrorism" do? I don't go by a legal definition - I just consider anything that goes around terrorizing people terrorism - there's not reason for one reason for a crime to be considered worse than another.

And you say AMERICAN CITIZEN like the silly other countries don't deserve the same treatment on our land. Actually, is justice performed the same with citizens of other countries committing crimes in America? (Ordinary crimes like a theft, not big 9/11 style things)

I'm glad to think that the community will always be kind and helpful, the language will always be a fun and easy way to be introduced into programming, the motto will always be: Imagine, Program, Share - Nomolos

#130 2013-04-19 23:28:11

16Skittles
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

Mokat wrote:

TDKR conspiracy, much?

If they don't read his Miranda rights won't the case have to be thrown out because of that one that set the precedent?

Anyway, what does defining something as "terrorism" do? I don't go by a legal definition - I just consider anything that goes around terrorizing people terrorism - there's not reason for one reason for a crime to be considered worse than another.

And you say AMERICAN CITIZEN like the silly other countries don't deserve the same treatment on our land. Actually, is justice performed the same with citizens of other countries committing crimes in America? (Ordinary crimes like a theft, not big 9/11 style things)

Certainly they deserve it, but the legal system will ignore that because it's what they do. I'm pretty sure that non-citizens aren't given the same protections as citizens through the constitution, which is why Guantanamo exists.

Edit: as for what constitutes "terrorism," I would define it as the use of terror in order to promote a political cause. As there have been no links or motives yet discovered, I have remained hesitant to call this "terrorism." There is a word for killing without motive whatsoever, and that is murder. 9/11 was terrorism. Sandy Hook was murder. Aurora was murder. This, well, not established yet. As it is believed they were plotting a "grand finale" a possible political motive could have been announced after that. Just because it was a bomb doesn't automatically make it terrorism.

Last edited by 16Skittles (2013-04-19 23:41:31)

#131 2013-04-20 09:13:58

LeDerpy123
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

I would define it as the use of terror in order to promote a political cause. As there have been no links or motives yet discovered, I have remained hesitant to call this "terrorism." There is a word for killing without motive whatsoever, and that is murder. 9/11 was terrorism. Sandy Hook was murder. Aurora was murder.

According to Google:
ter·ror·ism 
/ˈterəˌrizəm/
Noun
The use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
Synonyms
terror

http://www.winpenpack.com/en/e107_files/downloadthumbs/logo_mixxx.png

#132 2013-04-20 09:50:13

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

that's exactly what he said, clever clogs

goodby scrat on pont fore

#133 2013-04-20 11:02:01

LeDerpy123
Scratcher

genderdysmorphia wrote:

It is exactly what he said, but I was just backing it up with proof.

http://www.winpenpack.com/en/e107_files/downloadthumbs/logo_mixxx.png

#134 2013-04-20 12:35:58

maxamillion321
Scratcher

1 bomber down. 1 to go.

#135 2013-04-20 12:41:02

Waffle27
Scratcher

maxamillion321 wrote:

1 bomber down. 1 to go.

They got both of them didn't they? Or at least they captured the second brother. I hope those were the only two. If thier were more, that would be terrible because it would mean more are still on the loose!

#136 2013-04-20 12:42:02

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

LeDerpy123 wrote:

genderdysmorphia wrote:

you didnt need to do that
(dictionary definitions=/=moral or legal arguments anyway)

personally, im rather enjoying the reddit/4chan drama in the media
the same media outlets that accepted the paranoid accusations as fact are now pointing the finger at reddit/4chan (when 4chan's accusations were never meant to be taken seriously!! pretty sure they accused michael jackson), when they are just as at fault for taken unsubstantiated rumours and reporting on them

goodby scrat on pont fore

#137 2013-04-20 12:58:09

dsaztur
Scratcher

The bombers have been caught.

http://i43.tinypic.com/14slmx.png

#138 2013-04-20 13:04:00

zubblewu
Scratcher

genderdysmorphia wrote:

LeDerpy123 wrote:

genderdysmorphia wrote:

the same media outlets that accepted the paranoid accusations as fact are now pointing the finger at reddit/4chan (when 4chan's accusations were never meant to be taken seriously!! pretty sure they accused michael jackson), when they are just as at fault for taken unsubstantiated rumours and reporting on them

4chan accused the jews and the government

Last edited by zubblewu (2013-04-20 13:04:46)

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#139 2013-04-20 14:40:02

soupoftomato
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

genderdysmorphia wrote:

LeDerpy123 wrote:

4chan accused everybody man

#140 2013-04-20 14:45:48

zubblewu
Scratcher

soupoftomato wrote:

zubblewu wrote:

genderdysmorphia wrote:

4chan accused everybody man

touche

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#141 2013-04-20 15:05:44

16Skittles
Scratcher

4chan... Yeah anybody who's ever been on 4chan should know that most of it is made up of trolls. Although there are some white hats and black hats there (is that phrase still usable?), some will hack/investigate for good purposes while there was a recent shooting that was announced on 4chan and then carried out (two injured, no dead).

#142 2013-04-20 15:17:05

zubblewu
Scratcher

16Skittles wrote:

4chan... Yeah anybody who's ever been on 4chan should know that most of it is made up of trolls. Although there are some white hats and black hats there (is that phrase still usable?), some will hack/investigate for good purposes while there was a recent shooting that was announced on 4chan and then carried out (two injured, no dead).

there are no real hackers left on 4chan

#143 2013-04-20 15:33:59

16Skittles
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

16Skittles wrote:

there are no real hackers left on 4chan

Yeah... DDoS =/= hack.

Board footer