This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-12 08:14:12

PokeFan_Awesome
New Scratcher

Variables wont stay in place

In one of my games, I added music & volume control. When I was editing, I could put my variables where I wanted and have the sliding bar on the variable to control volume. When I uploaded the project, however, My variables were not where I put then and there was no sliding bar. Please tell me how I can place my variables where I please and have the sliding bar to control volume.

#2 2013-04-12 08:29:24

cobraguy
Scratcher

Re: Variables wont stay in place

I had this same problem too. In the 1.4 flash and java player. When you upload your project, all your variables that you want in a certain position or form MUST be SHOWING. Have the variable showing in the position and form that you want them. If you want a large readout variable in the center, show it, put in large readout, put it in the middle, then upload. You can make a sprite to cover the variable if you don't want it in the thumbnail. Just make sure that all the variables you want in a certain position are showing, in the form that you want, and in the position you want.

Last edited by cobraguy (2013-04-12 08:29:51)

Fruit Fighter, when your food eats you.
http://i.imgur.com/8CR6Lnj.png?1

#3 2013-04-19 04:59:25

PokeFan_Awesome
New Scratcher

A little too confusing.... could you please explain this in simpler terms?

#4 2013-04-20 07:12:31

cobraguy
Scratcher

You know how you can click the checkbox in the varables section to show the variable? Well, for the variables you want to show, click the checkbox and drag the variables to the position you want. Switch the to the normal, large, or slider readout, whatever you want. Then upload the project with the variables still showing. You can have a sprite cover them if you want to.

Fruit Fighter, when your food eats you.
http://i.imgur.com/8CR6Lnj.png?1

Board footer