This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-18 15:14:05

joshuaho
Scratcher

Can't acess project

A few weeks ago, I found a project that was frontpaged. I then saw that it had remixes, and I found one that looked like a copy. I flagged it, and of course, the 404 page appeared. But the next day, I received an admin message of which I won't copy, because you can find it on another topic of mine.
Anyways, the admin message was the proof that the scratch team was NOT going to remove that project. But now, when I tried to access that project that I had, it still showed the 404 page! But I thought that the Scratch Team wasn't going to remove it. Why does it still show the 404 page, when that project is not qualified as a copy?

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

#2 2013-04-18 15:57:07

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

Re: Can't acess project

Once you flag a project, you receive that 404 error when you try to view the project from the account you used to flag it. It's there to prevent users from possibly trolling the page.

You can still view the project by logging out, though.

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#3 2013-04-18 16:27:53

Hyperbola
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

It's there to prevent users from possibly trolling the page.

I've never heard of that happening.

That does get a bit annoying. Also, say you wanted to tell someone who commented on that project who made it/some info. You can't, because of this.

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#4 2013-04-19 14:04:50

joshuaho
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

Once you flag a project, you receive that 404 error when you try to view the project from the account you used to flag it. It's there to prevent users from possibly trolling the page.

Ok, thx.  smile

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

Board footer