This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-18 13:19:06

Omnigeek
New Scratcher

Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

I think you should be able to put scripts in the new Scratch 2.0 paint editor (or the sound editor for that matter).
For example, you can't display text onscreen without having a sprite say or think it, displaying it in a variable readout or having an individual costume for each word.
To display text this way, you could simply drag in a variable block and the value would be displayed in that position.

Another problem I have with the paint editor is that you can't make a bitmap bigger than the screen or zoom out to more than 100%. The image is shrunk. There's also the fact that you can only set the size between 5.435 and 540%.

ON OTHER NOTES:

Why not have a Motion Tween when animating and switching between costumes?

In the old Scratch editor, when you clicked on variables or blocks, the value came up in a speech bubble. I found this very helpful and would appreciate its return.

Finally, I'd like for there to be a way to set the default values in functions. If you defined a function, then pulled the block into the editor, the number would default at 1, but you cannot change it. The other data types are empty.

Other than that, I think you've done a great job in producing a successful, child friendly, GUI-based programming language and apologize for the hassle.

#2 2013-04-18 13:41:07

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Re: Scratch 2.0 Paint Editor

Great feedback!  Please put 2.0 feedback on the 2.0 forums (if you are able to) as that is were the discussion is being held.  Thanks!

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

Board footer