This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-08 07:56:52

co13
Scratcher

TigerBuild1.5 Mod-A Mod Between Scratch1.4 and Scratch2.0-Need Help

I'm making a mod called TigerBuild1.5. It's the next version of scratch if it would've been continued from 1.4. There are replacement blocks from the 2.0 ones, but not exactly. There is also features that differ from 2.0 and +3 categories (extra categories in source only).  This is going to be made off Scratch1.4. T.B.1.5 will have it's own site, but I will try to get approval/permisson from the scratch team to share projects from T.B.1.5 to the scratch website (1.4 will be able to share projects to the 2.0 site, therefore if T.B.1.5 is approved it can as well). Update Note: T.B.1.5 will be made off the source code and the actual Scratch1.4. However the one made of 1.4 wil have more features than the source version.

Questions (HELP ME!): How to extend the "categories section" in the source code (answered). How to fix the menus in the source. That's really how to add file-open, and file save features, etc. menu features. How do you install the scratch plugin and what exactly does it do? Note: If these questions are answered, I will be able to make the mod in the source code, but it will differ from the one made off 2.0 (lack certain features, and block). It also won't have capability to post projects onto the scratch wesbsite(s). 1.4 Questions: Anyone know how to add the "make your own blocks" section to 1.4?

Scratch1.4 questions: How to add catgories (tabs) like "control" or "motion" to the actual Scratch1.4?

Disclaimer: All features do not work 100% correct, and all replacement blocks aren't really 2.0 blocks. They are just blocks that might have been made and features added if 2.0 wasn't made on flash (continued from squeak).  To see more info. see the full version of this topic.

Full Version of T.B.1.5- Scroll up when you get there to 1st post. Has alot more info. than this version including O.S. support, new blocks, new block help, and new features.

Note: This topic was made b/c I felt no one was commenting/helping me on the other post since it was too long and they didn't want to read it.

Made by co13 leader of the QuakingProductions/TeamRumble. The full version explains how to get to the site, and shows credit% to what/who helped me make this mod.

Last edited by co13 (2013-04-16 18:02:35)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#2 2013-04-09 04:53:05

Devloper123
Scratcher

Re: TigerBuild1.5 Mod-A Mod Between Scratch1.4 and Scratch2.0-Need Help

In the categories bit.If your talking about Adding categories
1.Load your skin
2.Download the scratchskin
3.make new pictures called category categoryOver categoryPressed
4.Scratch-UI-Panes --> ScratchFrameMorph --> all --> rebuildCategorySelectors
add the category name under.
5.Load the skin
6.Save-Image as end user
7.Done!

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jafczs.gifAnd Dev! Sign up on this forum!i like the  tongue  emoticon

#3 2013-04-09 15:56:23

co13
Scratcher

Devloper123 wrote:

1.Load your skin
5.Load the skin
6.Save-Image as end user
7.Done!

I was able to add my categories in the source, but thanks anyways. I am having trouble adding/fixing the menus in the source. When I downloaded the source and clicked "file, open", then I got a squeak error. Do you know how to fix this? Also I wasn't able to add categories in the actual Scratch1.4 using the scratchskin/scratch folders. How do you, if it is possible. If you can help, you will be credited in the license file (.txt file in the T.B.'s folder) in the mod. The "about section" in both programs explains how to get there, but T.B. credit is abviously only in T.B.1.5. Thanks-co13

Last edited by co13 (2013-04-09 16:24:45)

http://www.scratch.mit.edu/static/icons/buddy/722915_med.png?t=2013-04-20+10%3A22%3A33 Click image to go to my stuff SAVE SCRATCH 1.4 SITE

#4 2013-04-10 05:59:47

Devloper123
Scratcher

co13 wrote:

Devloper123 wrote:

1.Load your skin
5.Load the skin
6.Save-Image as end user
7.Done!

I was able to add my categories in the source, but thanks anyways. I am having trouble adding/fixing the menus in the source. When I downloaded the source and clicked "file, open", then I got a squeak error. Do you know how to fix this? Also I wasn't able to add categories in the actual Scratch1.4 using the scratchskin/scratch folders. How do you, if it is possible. If you can help, you will be credited in the license file (.txt file in the T.B.'s folder) in the mod. The "about section" in both programs explains how to get there, but T.B. credit is abviously only in T.B.1.5. Thanks-co13

If your saying adding Like "About TigerBuild1.5" Here's the instructions
Scratch-UI-Panes --> ScratchFrameMorph --> menu/button actions -->helpMenu: -->
Add the name --> then add '#aboutTiger with the code of #'aboutScratch
PS If i still don't understand give me a link to it on Dropbox

http://i45.tinypic.com/2jafczs.gifAnd Dev! Sign up on this forum!i like the  tongue  emoticon

#5 2013-04-10 06:17:58

co13
Scratcher

Devloper123 wrote:

co13 wrote:

Devloper123 wrote:

1.Load your skin
5.Load the skin
6.Save-Image as end user
7.Done!

If your saying adding Like "About TigerBuild1.5" Here's the instructions
Scratch-UI-Panes --> ScratchFrameMorph --> menu/button actions -->helpMenu: -->
Add the name --> then add '#aboutTiger with the code of #'aboutScratch
PS If i still don't understand give me a link to it on Dropbox

I try this out soon, but what about the "file menu, and actions". I need both for the menus, and blocks. If you know please help-Thanks again. Also, the mod isn't availible for download unless I make a testing site. Can I give it to you there, instead of dropbox?

Last edited by co13 (2013-04-10 15:37:24)

#6 2013-04-11 04:13:57

Devloper123
Scratcher

Sure.Make a site with weebly.Or host the files with dropbox.
But to understand what your saying I need a img of the block or download of the mod

#7 2013-04-11 15:19:13

co13
Scratcher

Devloper123 wrote:

Sure.Make a site with weebly.Or host the files with dropbox.
But to understand what your saying I need a img of the block or download of the mod

You don't really need to download my mod. Just download the source here: Scratch Source and license Then download squeak here Then when you click file->open I get a squeak error. Most of the file menu gives me the same error, and the share/help menus don't work neither. You should see it there. Plus, is it possible to add categories directly off Scratch1.4? T.B. is going to be made off both the source, and 1.4. They will both be different by a little more than slight amount. Also, there's no sense of giving you the source version b/c I it hasn't actually been started yet. I was afraid there wouldn't be a sense of making it b/c menus weren't fuctional. Thanks for helping if you can. Remember, you will be credited in the license file of T.B. and I will try to credit helpers in the "about section". Sometimes it gives me a error depending on type of text.

#8 2013-04-12 03:53:18

Devloper123
Scratcher

In your bit about modding both versions.Yes you can mod it if you know how to remove the share menu(I DO!)

#9 2013-04-12 07:25:06

co13
Scratcher

Devloper123 wrote:

In your bit about modding both versions.Yes you can mod it if you know how to remove the share menu(I DO!)

Well, I keeping the share menu for certain reasons. Mesh, links to T.B.1.5's page. I will have to get permission from the ST to share project from it-> the scratch site. If I don't T.B.1.5 will have a different site for it. Did you see the broken menus in the source though? How do you fix it? I gave the links in a recent post.

#10 2013-04-15 12:37:13

Devloper123
Scratcher

Your not allowed to share on scratch via mods so ask on mod share.
I'm looking into the menu's now

#11 2013-04-17 17:29:18

co13
Scratcher

Devloper123 wrote:

Your not allowed to share on scratch via mods so ask on mod share.
I'm looking into the menu's now

I know that already. I might be able to get permission from the scratch team. Plus I gave they as much credit/even more even if I used the source. I'll give you a link to download the source version when it is in progress and in the alpha stage. There's only alpha, and beta stages for that one. The 1.4 version is in it's gama stage. I know that's an extra stage which isn't suppose to exist, but I needed it b/c the mod was late by probably 3 weeks. However the estimated time was entirely off and there will be an official release date for both mod versions (which includes the source version). Thanks for looking @ the menus. When you are finished please tell me how to fix them if you figure it out. I still will give you the alpha mod version when it comes out.

Board footer