This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-15 14:54:49

Mojany
New Scratcher

how to move background

I am making a game with Scratch in school!

And I want to know how to change/move the background to show that the sprite looks like walking.

For example, the player press the space key and the roulette stops at the number of 2.
Then the sprite will move 2 blocks from the start position. And at that time, I want to move background like the sprite is walking.

Someone please help me!!

#2 2013-04-15 15:14:21

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

Re: how to move background

You can't move the background but you can have sprite insted of the background and that can move.

#3 2013-04-16 05:10:00

Mojany
New Scratcher

Ok, but I meant that how to move the floor when the character moves in easy ways.

the good game for this example is mario game.

The floor and the background moves when mario run/walks.

I really want to know how to do this.

#4 2013-04-16 15:59:31

shadowmouse
New Scratcher

Have a sprite that covers the whole screen and acts as a background. When the character would move left, move it right, when the character would move right, move it left e.t.c. If it's just a simple left to right, no jumping sort of thing then that's all you need. If you want it to be like mario then reply because that's more detailed and I can't type much at the moment, it hurts my shoulders.  sad

#5 2013-04-16 16:26:06

joshuaho
Scratcher

Mojany wrote:

I am making a game with Scratch in school!

And I want to know how to change/move the background to show that the sprite looks like walking.

For example, the player press the space key and the roulette stops at the number of 2.
Then the sprite will move 2 blocks from the start position. And at that time, I want to move background like the sprite is walking.

Someone please help me!!

You can't move the background, but you can paint a large sprite that acts like a background.

Did you know that you can go to space and see Mars by clicking here?

Board footer