This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-04-13 15:21:09

Autistic-Ade
New Scratcher

hello scratchers

i pretend to be autistic but im perfectly sane
welcome to me  smile )))))))))

#2 2013-04-13 15:24:07

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Re: hello scratchers

Autistic people aren't insane...
Welcome.
Hope you enjoy Scratch.

#3 2013-04-13 15:27:35

Autistic-Ade
New Scratcher

Maltese_Falcon wrote:

Autistic people aren't insane...
Welcome.
Hope you enjoy Scratch.

of course they are, just like potatoes

#4 2013-04-13 15:44:33

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

disturbing

goodby scrat on pont fore

#5 2013-04-13 17:08:38

zubblewu
Scratcher

pretending to be autistic is still autistic

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#6 2013-04-13 17:15:03

Sellout
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

Uh... no

Autism isn't really a condition to be joked about like this, it's a real thing real people have and they don't all act "crazy" or anything. I've got friends with it, and (with the help of their medication) you probably wouldn't find anything wrong with them at all. It's a little offensive to think randomly talking about potatoes and calling yourself insane is anything like being autistic

http://kidshealth.org/kid/health_problems/brain/autism.html

You might find that informative. Actually, you probably will, seeing as you apparently know nothing at all about the disorder

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#7 2013-04-13 17:20:04

zubblewu
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

zubblewu wrote:

Uh... no

Autism isn't really a condition to be joked about like this, it's a real thing real people have and they don't all act "crazy" or anything. I've got friends with it, and (with the help of their medication) you probably wouldn't find anything wrong with them at all. It's a little offensive to think randomly talking about potatoes and calling yourself insane is anything like being autistic

You might find that informative. Actually, you probably will, seeing as you apparently know nothing at all about the disorder

i'm sorry to inform you, but i'm not "Autistic-Ade"

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

#8 2013-04-13 17:25:10

Sellout
Scratcher

zubblewu wrote:

Sellout wrote:

zubblewu wrote:

Uh... no

i'm sorry to inform you, but i'm not "Autistic-Ade"

Only the "Uh no" part was directed at you; I can read usernames but separating ideas is something I'm still working on apparently

Saying "pretending to be autistic is still autistic" also shows that you've got a very poor understand of autism so it wouldn't kill you to read the article anyway e_e

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#9 2013-04-13 17:37:24

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Exactly what Sellout said. Autism is NOT something to joke about. Some of my friends have autism. And autistic people aren't stupid. Well, sometimes they are, sometimes not. Let me show you a list of some famous people who were autistic:
Albert Einstein
Sir Isaac Newton
Nikola Tesla
George Orwell
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Jonathon Swift
Michelangelo
Thomas Jefferson

If we have some of the worlds greatest artists, mathematicians, authors, and even a President on the spectrum, autistic people aren't stupid. Or insane. (Hitler was autistic...and he was crazy, though...)

#10 2013-04-13 19:05:04

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

how did they figure out the michelangelo one?

goodby scrat on pont fore

#11 2013-04-13 20:27:28

Maltese_Falcon
Scratcher

Michelangelo's assistant and his family took notes about him for some reason. Of course, autism wasn't known back then, but someone named Muhammad Arshad analyses those and some other things about him and they all point to him having autism.

Board footer