This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#176 2013-04-10 10:23:44

topazdragonlord
Scratcher

Re: 7 Things About Me (and you too!)

mythbusteranimator wrote:

one time i found a 1914 british penny while camping

Ok...  tongue

Last edited by topazdragonlord (2013-04-10 10:23:56)

http://i45.tinypic.com/idumbk.png

#177 2013-04-10 10:25:20

transparent
Scratcher

luiysia wrote:

transparent wrote:

sparks wrote:

6) My favourite drink is Chai Latte.

Hm, I don't think I've ever had that. It's coffee, right?  wink

it's a latte that's flavored with a spiced tea concentrate instead of espresso and can  have a bunch of spices like cinnamon and cardamom  instead of coffee, they're really good  smile

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

yes, yes i do.

#178 2013-04-10 10:44:45

Sellout
Scratcher

transparent wrote:

luiysia wrote:

transparent wrote:

Hm, I don't think I've ever had that. It's coffee, right?  wink

it's a latte that's flavored with a spiced tea concentrate instead of espresso and can  have a bunch of spices like cinnamon and cardamom  instead of coffee, they're really good  smile

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

Sounds like a sissy drink

I drink coffee, black!! Because I'm a real man

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#179 2013-04-10 11:19:43

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

transparent wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

you are
is your hair getting to you

http://www.foxtrot.com/comics/2012-04-01-fdb37077.gif
clicky

#180 2013-04-10 11:29:25

Sellout
Scratcher

mythbusteranimator wrote:

Sellout wrote:

transparent wrote:

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

you are
is your hair getting to you

Yes

My new ultra-short hair whispers down to the ears that it doesn't reach-- Sellout, they call, you are a man now... a real man

#181 2013-04-10 11:32:29

luiysia
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

transparent wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

it is a sissy drink but it tastes good  wink

http://i50.tinypic.com/dx00pd.gif

#182 2013-04-10 12:53:10

sparks
Community Moderator

calebxy wrote:

sparks wrote:

7) My father is a beekeeper and I've learnt a surprisingly large amount of things about them from him. Did you know, bees can specify whether an egg turns into a worker, a drone or a queen bee by feeding it different amounts of certain chemicals?

What's the difference between a worker and a drone?

Worker bees are all female. They collect nectar and pollen, clean the hive etc and tend to the eggs and the queen. There are very few drones in a colony and they are male. They lie around in the hive all their life doing nothing much, even pooping in the hive and making the drones clean it out. Then they fly off and mate with a queen and then die  tongue

Sellout wrote:

transparent wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

I don't really understand how what you drink or wear etc has anything to do with gender, seems to be enforcing a negative stereotype to me  tongue

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/7563/scratchbetabanner.png

#183 2013-04-10 12:58:05

NeilWest
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

transparent wrote:

luiysia wrote:

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

I drink diet coke.

#184 2013-04-10 12:59:50

Sellout
Scratcher

NeilWest wrote:

Sellout wrote:

transparent wrote:

Ah, okay
That sounds delicious

I drink diet coke.

I actually um kind of have a problem with that (I drink 2-5 cans of diet coke a day). But I still drink coffee so I'm a real man

#185 2013-04-10 13:05:45

mythbusteranimator
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

NeilWest wrote:

Sellout wrote:

I drink diet coke.

I actually um kind of have a problem with that (I drink 2-5 cans of diet coke a day). But I still drink coffee so I'm a real man

i drink Dr. Pepper ten

for men

http://www.foxtrot.com/comics/2012-04-01-fdb37077.gif
clicky

#186 2013-04-10 17:18:57

luiysia
Scratcher

sparks wrote:

calebxy wrote:

sparks wrote:

7) My father is a beekeeper and I've learnt a surprisingly large amount of things about them from him. Did you know, bees can specify whether an egg turns into a worker, a drone or a queen bee by feeding it different amounts of certain chemicals?

What's the difference between a worker and a drone?

Worker bees are all female. They collect nectar and pollen, clean the hive etc and tend to the eggs and the queen. There are very few drones in a colony and they are male. They lie around in the hive all their life doing nothing much, even pooping in the hive and making the drones clean it out. Then they fly off and mate with a queen and then die  tongue

specifically, drone eggs are laid by worker bees, who have not been fertilized and therefore create male bees. female eggs are laid by the queen and have been fertilized with a drone (or several).

http://i50.tinypic.com/dx00pd.gif

#187 2013-04-10 20:37:56

bananaman114
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

7. I don't know what book is my favorite but recently I read The Invisible Man by H.G Wells, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Animal Farm by George Orwell, and currently I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird (for school) and Life, The Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams

From that list I have read To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, and The Invisible Man.

Is Fight Club a good book? I'm probably not old enough to read it by order of my parents but still.

It's awesome ok yes
also read The Great Gatsby

actually read any of those that I l;isted they're all good

except don't read Fight Club kiddies you're too young to be exposed to such nonsense

the sun still shines

#188 2013-04-12 09:05:41

possibly
New Scratcher

Am I a kiddy :'(

#189 2013-04-12 11:02:27

Whisperfur
Scratcher

1. I have a really weird taste in books eg. the discword series, GoT, Garth Nix, Les Miserable. Right now i'm reading the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy
2. I like dogs, but not cats. When i was 8 a cat bit me i couldn't sleep that night because i was afraid it would kill me D:
3. I am a major procastinator.
4. I love the Big bang theory.
5. I am running out of things to write
6. Life of Pi is not a very good film. Les Miserable and the Hobbit p1 are.( Although i don't get why it's in 3 parts D:<)
7. I do not know much of Pi from memory: 3.14159265

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zxqfy0.jpg

#190 2013-04-13 09:28:45

Paddle2See
Scratch Team

Whisperfur wrote:

1. I have a really weird taste in books eg. the discword series, GoT, Garth Nix, Les Miserable. Right now i'm reading the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

That pretty much matches up with my taste as well (except for Les Mis) so I wouldn't say it is weird - it's normal.

Whisperfur wrote:

4. I love the Big bang theory.

Yeah, that's one of my favorite shows as well.  Right behind Mythbusters (back when they were actually addressing myths and not just blowing stuff up)  smile

Whisperfur wrote:

6. Life of Pi is not a very good film. Les Miserable and the Hobbit p1 are.( Although i don't get why it's in 3 parts D:<)

I don't understand why the Hobbit was split up either.  I think I would have enjoyed it more if they had kept it closer to the original, which was a rather fast-paced story.

Whisperfur wrote:

7. I do not know much of Pi from memory: 3.14159265

That's more than enough for just about any practical purpose you are likely to encounter  smile

http://i39.tinypic.com/2nav6o7.gif

#191 2013-04-13 12:08:23

banana500
Scratcher

bananaman114 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

7. I don't know what book is my favorite but recently I read The Invisible Man by H.G Wells, Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk, The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald, Animal Farm by George Orwell, and currently I'm reading To Kill a Mockingbird (for school) and Life, The Universe, and Everything by Douglas Adams

From that list I have read To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, and The Invisible Man.

Is Fight Club a good book? I'm probably not old enough to read it by order of my parents but still.

It's awesome ok yes

except don't read Fight Club kiddies you're too young to be exposed to such nonsense

The Great Gatsby is on my summer reading list so hooray.
And who're you calling a "kiddy". :P

http://i.imgur.com/jrCyB2r.gif
'Cause I'm NUMBER ONE.

#192 2013-04-13 12:28:19

veggieman001
Scratcher

banana500 wrote:

bananaman114 wrote:

banana500 wrote:

It's awesome ok yes

The Great Gatsby is on my summer reading list so hooray.
And who're you calling a "kiddy".  tongue

most of the userbase of this site is children
and he wasn't specifically targeting you; he was merely telling children on the site to not read it

#193 2013-04-13 12:59:34

Waffle27
Scratcher

Paddle2See wrote:

Whisperfur wrote:

I don't understand why the Hobbit was split up either.  I think I would have enjoyed it more if they had kept it closer to the original, which was a rather fast-paced story.

I think they split it up because it was too long to be in one film. Its the same reason they made JRR Tolkein split up his book into three parts, because it was too long. Or at least thats what I'm assuming.

#194 2013-04-13 15:47:27

Whisperfur
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Whisperfur wrote:

I think they split it up because it was too long to be in one film. Its the same reason they made JRR Tolkein split up his book into three parts, because it was too long. Or at least thats what I'm assuming.

Yeah, but the hobbit was about 300 pages long, the lord of the rings trilogy was over 1100 pages and that was in 3 parts as well.( They missed loads out too)

http://i49.tinypic.com/2zxqfy0.jpg

#195 2013-04-13 16:13:00

veggieman001
Scratcher

Waffle27 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Whisperfur wrote:

the lord of the rings was split up because of a paper shortage, not because it was intended to be in three volumes
it was intended to be published as one

#196 2013-04-13 16:14:15

possibly
New Scratcher

The copies that I have are split up into two different 'books' each physical book, anyways

#197 2013-04-13 17:03:27

Sellout
Scratcher

I read a lot of books that "aren't for kiddies" when I was around eleven, but only after the guy working at the bookstore decided I looked old enough to. As a result, the required reading the last few years for school have been pretty boring and I've had trouble getting good books recommended to me seeing as not too many people venture out of teen fiction and ultra-popular classics.

I don't understand why someone would want to dive into a huge "classic" before they know they're ready to comprehend it. I gave up on Great Expectations because I didn't see the point in mindlessly scanning over words instead of reading a story

#198 2013-04-13 17:37:52

EmperorEvil
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

4. I write lots of short and not-so-short stories but I consider most of them too awful for anyone else's eyes (and often mine too, in which case I destroy them).

Dude I do that all the time.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/t8ogle.jpg http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=veggieman001&amp;action=onlineStatus

#199 2013-04-13 18:44:32

EmperorEvil
Scratcher

How about I write some facts.

1. I don't draw. But one time I drew this blue face thingy with a red and a yellow eye on paint and I thought it was pretty cool. I have a folder on my computer full of that face in many different colors with different colored eyes. It's my profile picture on pretty much every website I use. I have it printed on a T-Shirt.
2. Many of my good friends I only know from the internet. With people online, there's always catching up to do, and chatting online is generally easier than talking in real life as you can think longer about what you are saying and you can change what you are saying last minute. Kiddos, don't follow in my footsteps, there are weirdoes on the internet (not on scratch of course  big_smile ).
3. I look better with short hair than with long hair but I personally prefer having long hair, so I will be alone forever.
4. I listen to a lot of music, but besides on the radio I listen to almost all of my music out of a CD player in full album format. Because of that, I almost always become totally obsessed with bands, and get obsessed with all their filler songs.
5. I personally think 98% of internet memes are just truly terrible. Originality is key.
6. I haven't read a book in full since August and it's April. I feel like that makes me much less intelligent. I feel like I have lost the patience I feel is necessary for reading books.
7. I don't have the slightest clue about what I want to do when I grow up completely. I know people with very defined interests that know exactly what they want, and people who have mapped out their entire lives, and I just sit around on my computer being a kid, and not doing much worthwhile.

http://oi54.tinypic.com/t8ogle.jpg http://blocks.scratchr.org/API.php?user=veggieman001&amp;action=onlineStatus

#200 2013-04-13 18:46:27

Waffle27
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

Waffle27 wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

the lord of the rings was split up because of a paper shortage, not because it was intended to be in three volumes
it was intended to be published as one

I thought that was what I said. I guess I just worded it weird. Yep, I'm a big LotR Nerd, so I knew that and a whole bunch of other random facts.

Board footer