This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2012-11-15 18:27:28

warriorcats3125
Scratcher

Re: Paper Mario!!! :D

PandaGuy wrote:

SpriteMaster wrote:

Spyderblade wrote:

Oops, I made a thread about Super Paper Mario, and somehow I didn't see this one. I guess I'll delete it now. Anyways, I only have Super Paper Mario, so I think that's the best one in the series.  tongue  I've done just about EVERYTHING to possibly do, including get Piccolo the pixl, get about 240 out of 256 cards, and a lot of the recipes. If you need any help with anything, just ask!

You can't say it's the best without playing the first two. The RPG style in the first two usually is superior in the eyes of the fans. Super Paper Mario was a let down for some people. I think it comes third, but it's tough to say a Paper Mario game is bad.

I also started out with Super Paper Mario, but eventually got around to playing the other two since I was interested in the series as a whole. SPM is a bit underrated, as its story and side characters are somewhat more superior, while the first two (especially TTYD) are overall superior in terms of gameplay. The whole series has been pretty great so far and the storylines have become more complicated (in a good way), I just hope Sticker Star can live up to those expectations.

On a side note, I do not want Bowser as the main villain. ಠ_ಠ
If so, then there should at least be a surprise twist at the end, like the others did.

Do they need to be played in order?
And are the versions from the Wii Shop Channel the same as the originals?

The angels have the phone box...
http://i46.tinypic.com/244bp1h.jpg

#27 2012-11-15 19:35:08

PandaGuy
Scratcher

warriorcats3125 wrote:

PandaGuy wrote:

SpriteMaster wrote:

You can't say it's the best without playing the first two. The RPG style in the first two usually is superior in the eyes of the fans. Super Paper Mario was a let down for some people. I think it comes third, but it's tough to say a Paper Mario game is bad.

I also started out with Super Paper Mario, but eventually got around to playing the other two since I was interested in the series as a whole. SPM is a bit underrated, as its story and side characters are somewhat more superior, while the first two (especially TTYD) are overall superior in terms of gameplay. The whole series has been pretty great so far and the storylines have become more complicated (in a good way), I just hope Sticker Star can live up to those expectations.

On a side note, I do not want Bowser as the main villain. ಠ_ಠ
If so, then there should at least be a surprise twist at the end, like the others did.

Do they need to be played in order?
And are the versions from the Wii Shop Channel the same as the originals?

The only Paper Mario game that's available in the Wii Shop Channel is the first. Also, all of the Paper Mario games have completely different storylines and seldom make any essential references to past games, so you could start with either. Though some people may recommend you try a specific one, depending on their opinion.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mc1q6mZho11rcdvg5o1_500.gif

#28 2013-04-10 16:04:22

XGamer42
Scratcher

i bump, you bump, he bumps, she bumps
bumpoligy- the study of bump

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/077/d/3/mlp_fim__how_easy____by_mewcherrii-d4t4ohs.png

Board footer