This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#251 2013-03-24 10:44:33

NoxSpooth
Scratcher

Re: Discuss the Policies of This Forum

Okay guys, I think we're getting REALLY off-topic.

And I guess it was my fault.

http://i1244.photobucket.com/albums/gg572/BLU_Spy/Best-Cry-Ever_zps3b2b857a.gif Goodbye, 1.4... We'll miss you...

#252 2013-03-25 15:44:33

Nintendoandfriends
Scratcher

I was the one who posted that book on the Banned Books topic about the religion. (Don't wanna get specific.)
I didn't wanna get it closed. I'm sorry. Is there a way to open it again, and just not talk about that book? I don't wanna spoil everyone else's fun.  sad

Last edited by Nintendoandfriends (2013-03-25 15:44:52)

#253 2013-04-08 08:10:23

Rumanti
Scratcher

sanddude wrote:

Food should be allowed.

No, I don't agree. Most religions don't allow some type of foods, and it would be bad if we discuss it here. This type of foods is like...Meat.

Scratch Transition Team
Helps you survive the  BING BANG! (big bang)

#254 2013-04-08 09:32:26

veggieman001
Scratcher

the most productive discussion of food ive seen definitely belongs in the other forum

#255 2013-04-08 09:58:21

genderdysmorphia
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

sanddude wrote:

Food should be allowed.

No, I don't agree. Most religions don't allow some type of foods, and it would be bad if we discuss it here. This type of foods is like...Meat.

food in itself isnt a religious discussion...
it's kinda silly that you'd make people walk around on tiptoes to avoid any sort of conflict
the matzah topic had a much more physical grasp to religion, as matzah is a food jews make for passover, and yet there's no argument
i dont think everyone's that temperamental

goodby scrat on pont fore

#256 2013-04-08 10:02:22

veggieman001
Scratcher

plus we always have threads on christian / jewish / whatever holidays that not everyone celebrates but those are allowed for the people that actually celebrate those holidays to discuss them (while not getting into the religious side of it)

#257 2013-04-08 12:28:39

Sellout
Scratcher

Yeah um... You don't read or play food, but you can make and create it

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#258 2013-04-08 22:01:09

Rumanti
Scratcher

genderdysmorphia wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

sanddude wrote:

Food should be allowed.

it's kinda silly that you'd make people walk around on tiptoes to avoid any sort of conflict
the matzah topic had a much more physical grasp to religion, as matzah is a food jews make for passover, and yet there's no argument

I mean some religions don't allow you to eat a kind or more of foods. Scratchers here have many different religions, and it could make peoples flaming.

Scratch Transition Team

#259 2013-04-08 22:02:20

Rumanti
Scratcher

veggieman001 wrote:

plus we always have threads on christian / jewish / whatever holidays that not everyone celebrates but those are allowed for the people that actually celebrate those holidays to discuss them (while not getting into the religious side of it)

Are you're talking to me? I'm a bit confused.

Scratch Transition Team

#260 2013-04-08 22:10:25

Sellout
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

genderdysmorphia wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

I mean some religions don't allow you to eat a kind or more of foods. Scratchers here have many different religions, and it could make peoples flaming.

Some religions don't allow you to wear certain types of fabrics, but that isn't going to stop me from talking about how cute my polyester-cotton blend cardigan is!

I would rather be alone than pretend I feel alright

#261 2013-04-09 10:33:15

Rumanti
Scratcher

Sellout wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

genderdysmorphia wrote:

Some religions don't allow you to wear certain types of fabrics, but that isn't going to stop me from talking about how cute my polyester-cotton blend cardigan is!

Well, in my country, Pork aren't allowed, because what I say before, religions. If we want to talk about pork to a family member (or someone) it's the most polite way to talk in "codes". So Pork can be "P-O" and others. Porks aren't allowed to be selled in all the markets, and it's really hard to get a pork.

And about clothes: What is polyester-cotton blend cardigan ?

Scratch Transition Team

#262 2013-04-09 10:55:48

transparent
Scratcher

In my opinion, if you don't want to talk about a certain topic that is sensitive to you, just don't. Someone is equally not-offended as you are offended, so who wins? If we had to stop something every time someone was offended by it, we would be in big trouble.

yes, yes i do.

#263 2013-04-09 11:00:00

soniku3
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

Sellout wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

Well, in my country, Pork aren't allowed, because what I say before, religions. If we want to talk about pork to a family member (or someone) it's the most polite way to talk in "codes". So Pork can be "P-O" and others. Porks aren't allowed to be selled in all the markets, and it's really hard to get a pork.

wat wat wat. just saying, im glad that 49% of our country is atheist

internet's all about cats today.

#264 2013-04-09 19:24:59

veggieman001
Scratcher

Rumanti wrote:

Sellout wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

a polyester-cotton blend cardigan is one that is made of a mixture of polyester and cotton fibres. what sellout refers to is leviticus 19:19 (and i think something in deuteronomy) of the torah/old testament of judaism and christianity, respectively, forbidding the wearing of garments made of multiple things mixed together.

#265 2013-04-11 08:07:29

Rumanti
Scratcher

I hate when I drive peoples to subjects like these  sad  Bye-bye my subject!

Scratch Transition Team

Board footer