This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#76 2013-01-08 07:45:28

SJRCS_011
Scratcher

Re: How to Convert .sb files to .exe .app and .jar

radu4000 wrote:

byob compiled my project to ypr instead of exe  sad

you must've hit the "save" button instead of the "compile"button.  wink  Next time just go under share and hit the compile button.

http://i.imgur.com/vQqtH.png
Learning to Program in a Nutshell:  "You're missing a closing parentheses" - LS97

#77 2013-02-17 08:44:23

suca
New Scratcher

Hy
I try it this scheme: http://wiki.scratch.mit.edu/wiki/Porting_Scratch_Projects
and works and everything onlly not suport audio input for microphone.Any ideea?
And i try to open it into a mobile as jar file.Not working. Try to modify MANIFEST.MF and delete 2 empty row(the program ToJar from the up link dos not doit corectly.And still sommething is wrong.
Question1: someone try to work with the microphone sensor and have any succes in .jar file?
Question2: any chances to prot this simulation from .sb,.exe,.jar to converted into a mobile java app?i now that .swf is not one option for scrach files.So any mobile , or platform runing ? I allready try to see me project form a mobile internet browser and not working.

#78 2013-02-20 06:05:17

LS97
Scratcher

Cool topic, I never noticed it!
I should maybe add that there's another more "professional" version of Scratch2EXE that I made on request because the original by Jens was too "childish".

There's a post with instructions here if anybody wanted something more professional, as I said.

#79 2013-02-21 18:02:52

jji7skyline
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

I should maybe add that there's another more "professional" version of Scratch2EXE that I made on request because the original by Jens was too "childish".

There's a post with instructions here if anybody wanted something more professional, as I said.

Wow that's amazing! I'll add it to the topic post  smile

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello!  big_smile

#80 2013-02-22 19:23:37

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

LS97 wrote:

Hi LS97,

I keep getting the "complier error code 1" when trying to run your version of Scratch 2EXE despite the fact that there is a Scratch2EXE folder in the My Documents directory. Is there any other documentation about your program (other than the ones found here?]

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#81 2013-02-23 03:00:04

jji7skyline
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

LS97 wrote:

Hi LS97,

I keep getting the "complier error code 1" when trying to run your version of Scratch 2EXE despite the fact that there is a Scratch2EXE folder in the My Documents directory. Is there any other documentation about your program (other than the ones found here?]

I don't have access to a Windows machine atm, so it would be cool if you could add any extra info required, so I can add it.  smile

#82 2013-02-23 03:11:19

LS97
Scratcher

cheddargirl wrote:

LS97 wrote:

Hi LS97,

I'm sorry, there is currently no other documentation. I am in a car 600 miles from home right now but I would be more than happy to look into the problem when I get there. I might even update the utility to use my very own compiler written in VB.NET as an alternative to Jens's.

For now, you can try duplicating an original Jens version of Scratch2EXE and replacing the runtime.image file with the one present in my version (if that makes sense). The file is found in the kit folder.

To get a bit of insight on this problem, I would like to know if you have ever run a particular installer for Jens's Scratch2EXE, as I think that may be part of the problem...

#83 2013-02-23 14:28:34

cheddargirl
Scratch Team

LS97 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

LS97 wrote:

Hi LS97,

I'm sorry, there is currently no other documentation. I am in a car 600 miles from home right now but I would be more than happy to look into the problem when I get there. I might even update the utility to use my very own compiler written in VB.NET as an alternative to Jens's.

For now, you can try duplicating an original Jens version of Scratch2EXE and replacing the runtime.image file with the one present in my version (if that makes sense). The file is found in the kit folder.

To get a bit of insight on this problem, I would like to know if you have ever run a particular installer for Jens's Scratch2EXE, as I think that may be part of the problem...

No, actually I just tried out yours only since it seemed like the only one that gives a more professional look to converting .sb to .exe files.

I'll try doing what you suggested and see if it solves the problem.

[EDIT] Nope, didn't work out.  sad [/EDIT]

Last edited by cheddargirl (2013-02-23 15:06:12)

http://i.imgur.com/8QRYx.png
Everything is better when you add a little cheddar, because when you have cheese your life is at ease  smile

#84 2013-02-23 16:42:12

LS97
Scratcher

@cheddar

Well, that's weird! I think you might need to actually install Jens's version before you can use any of its derivatives.

I will add this on my list to do, and I'll post back here when I'm done  smile

#85 2013-02-23 20:57:29

jji7skyline
Scratcher

LS97 wrote:

@cheddar

Well, that's weird! I think you might need to actually install Jens's version before you can use any of its derivatives.

I will add this on my list to do, and I'll post back here when I'm done  smile

That would be great, meanwhile I'll mention this temporary problem in the original posts.

#86 2013-03-13 23:29:10

henley
Scratcher

I wanted to convert to Java but the ToJar download link is gone!  sad

"I've worked so hard for you and you give me nothing in return. Do you need help... Or do I?"

#87 2013-03-14 19:34:28

jji7skyline
Scratcher

Fixed.

#88 2013-03-30 05:08:07

sumukhavarambally
New Scratcher

when gf clicked

#89 2013-03-30 06:08:00

jji7skyline
Scratcher

If you want to test out scratchblocks try this topic. http://scratch.mit.edu/forums/viewtopic.php?id=90403

#90 2013-04-04 20:33:14

infinitytec
Scratcher

BYOB is not compiling my project for the Mac.
Edit: Never mind!

Last edited by infinitytec (2013-04-11 20:27:19)

http://scratch.mit.edu/static/projects/infinitytec/2654336_med.png

Board footer