This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#26 2013-04-03 12:34:38

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Re: Pixainia Collab (reboot)

Bump!

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#27 2013-04-03 12:40:54

Nomolos
Scratcher

Ok! I'll join! I've convinced myself! I can't do anything now, since I'm on an iPad, but I can in about an hour!

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.
RIP 1.4: 2007-2013 *Sniffles* *Sobs* *Bursts into tears*

#28 2013-04-03 12:42:08

Nomolos
Scratcher

Preferred position(s): Programmer, graphics.

Why do you want to join: I've been following the progress in this collab and want to help out!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how active are you: 10

Goodbye 1.4. I'll always remember you and treasure your awesomeness in my heart.

#29 2013-04-03 14:15:49

xlk
Scratcher

Questions:
-how do you send each-other code/graphics/whatever?
-what needs to be done/what should I do?

Anywho, is I was thinking of maybe going through the graphics and maybe adding some shading to some of them or give them more detail/texture, not remaking them from scratch. Of course, not going to do that if it's already decided that the graphics should follow strictly the style.
Also, at the moment, all blocks only have one image, and I was thinking of alternating them between different images(EG, 2-3 different sand tiles, maybe one with a rock or something as decoration), or making edge tiles, or even making decorations like bushes, tall grass, etc. This would add more depth to it and make it look more lively and varied.

#30 2013-04-03 14:17:03

Necromaster
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Necromaster wrote:

Okay, what do you need me to do?

Well, on the newest version, when you open the map, the player can run around. I'd like it if you could program so that you can't move while the map is out, that would be great!

Got it

EDIT: Copper, the way you've set up the scripts this is going to be difficult. I made the map small in the upper right corner, which might work.

Oh, BTW, what is the main font for the game?

ANOTHER EDIT: Perhaps we could also have a "bestiary" for the game. You can look at pictures and descriptions of monsters and items. This could be cool.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Could I use some of Nomo's fantasy sprites for placeholders?

Last edited by Necromaster (2013-04-03 14:57:05)

#31 2013-04-03 15:17:22

Necromaster
Scratcher

The troll drops a health potion now that heals you 1 and a half hearts.

#32 2013-04-03 16:06:58

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

Necromaster wrote:

Okay, what do you need me to do?

Well, on the newest version, when you open the map, the player can run around. I'd like it if you could program so that you can't move while the map is out, that would be great!

Got it

EDIT: Copper, the way you've set up the scripts this is going to be difficult. I made the map small in the upper right corner, which might work.

Oh, BTW, what is the main font for the game?

ANOTHER EDIT: Perhaps we could also have a "bestiary" for the game. You can look at pictures and descriptions of monsters and items. This could be cool.

YET ANOTHER EDIT: Could I use some of Nomo's fantasy sprites for placeholders?

Font: I usually use arial black for signs and large print, and arial for small print.
I'm confused, what do you mean by making the map small?

I like that idea! Maybe a "monster journal"?

Placeholders??

Last edited by CopperHawk (2013-04-03 16:08:43)

Copper Games is...  "ridiculously amazing!" -Nomolos    "Way too fun!"-Liamadams "awesome!" -Wes64       "Amazing!  big_smile " -JJROCKER

#33 2013-04-03 16:10:19

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

The troll drops a health potion now that heals you 1 and a half hearts.

That's good! It should matter too much, as you can buy potions in the desert town once you fix the bridge. (Well, I haven't added that yet.)

#34 2013-04-03 16:11:22

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Preferred position(s): Programmer, graphics.

Why do you want to join: I've been following the progress in this collab and want to help out!

On a scale of 1 to 10, how active are you: 10

Nomolos!  big_smile  Welcome to the collab!

#35 2013-04-03 16:16:37

CopperHawk
Scratcher

xlk wrote:

Questions:
-how do you send each-other code/graphics/whatever?
-what needs to be done/what should I do?

Anywho, is I was thinking of maybe going through the graphics and maybe adding some shading to some of them or give them more detail/texture, not remaking them from scratch. Of course, not going to do that if it's already decided that the graphics should follow strictly the style.
Also, at the moment, all blocks only have one image, and I was thinking of alternating them between different images(EG, 2-3 different sand tiles, maybe one with a rock or something as decoration), or making edge tiles, or even making decorations like bushes, tall grass, etc. This would add more depth to it and make it look more lively and varied.

Answers:
Do you mean how we send the next version to eachother? We upload it.
Currently Necromaster is doing some work on the game, but I'm sure you'll be able to help soon.

Something you could definitely help with is re-modeling the sand block. Currently it doesn't look much like sand, do you think you could improve that?
I really like the 2-3 different blocks, that sounds good.  smile

#36 2013-04-03 16:26:37

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Hi everyone!
Below is a plan of what happens in the storyline, please tell me your opinions of the plot!

Part 1:
You get knight armour, then free Kazon. He teaches you a spell to fix the broken bridge.

Part 2:
After fixing the bridge, you travel to a cave. In front is Kazon! He warns you of monsters ahead, saying you should restock in Adawa Town. He gives you a key to open the gate in front of the town.

Part 3:
Kazon doesn't leave until you open the gate. Inside are a few houses, one with a man who sells potions.

THE PIXAINIA CREW: ( I really like this part..  big_smile  )
If you open one of the doors on a house, inside are all the people from this collab, as Pixainia characters! You can talk to them, but they don't say anything essential to the game.

That's as far as I've got, what do you all think?

#37 2013-04-03 17:56:02

Nomolos
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Hi everyone!
Below is a plan of what happens in the storyline, please tell me your opinions of the plot!

Part 1:
You get knight armour, then free Kazon. He teaches you a spell to fix the broken bridge.

Part 2:
After fixing the bridge, you travel to a cave. In front is Kazon! He warns you of monsters ahead, saying you should restock in Adawa Town. He gives you a key to open the gate in front of the town.

Part 3:
Kazon doesn't leave until you open the gate. Inside are a few houses, one with a man who sells potions.

If you open one of the doors on a house, inside are all the people from this collab, as Pixainia characters! You can talk to them, but they don't say anything essential to the game.

1: Great! We got that one mostly covered. But I think the knight's suit should be harder to get...  tongue

2: Ooh! That sounds great! Maybe after you stock up on potions and stuff and you come back Kazon teaches you another spell before you enter the caves?\

3: Ok, sounds good.

4: LOVE IT! That'd be an awesome easter egg. My avatar is always a ninja, don't ask me why, or maybe we can make our pixel avatars look like ourselves?

Ok! Love the ideas! I'll add mine:

5: Return to the cave, and Kazon will teach you a new spell. It's a earth spell that lets you bring a small rock from the ground as a shield to block attacks from bats and spells.

6: Enter the cave and make your way through deeeeeep underground, fighting off dark bats and cave trolls (Cave trolls basically look like trolls except look more rocky and stuff)

7: Defeat a boss, a rock golem, and Kazon will teach you a spell that can blow up the rocks blocking the entrance to the mountains. Then you can restock potions and head up into the snowy mountains!

Also, maybe the more places you go, there could be very small minigames that give you money and stuff?  smile

Also, I'm making the sprites (Dark bats, cave trolls,) right now, so I'll post those in a bit.

#38 2013-04-03 18:20:11

Necromaster
Scratcher

CopperHawk wrote:

Hi everyone!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Sounds great! Can we add a few dungeons with some bosses?

I think we need to rework the inventory to be more modular.

Last edited by Necromaster (2013-04-03 18:30:00)

#39 2013-04-03 18:24:34

Nomolos
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

CopperHawk wrote:

Hi everyone!

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Sounds great! Can we add a few dungeons with some bosses?

I think we need to rework the inventory to be more modular. Is it ok if I work on that?

I'll work on maps for dungeons?  big_smile  Basic maps, like outlines of rooms and stuff.

#40 2013-04-03 18:25:44

Nomolos
Scratcher

Also, here is the cave troll sprite.

#41 2013-04-03 19:14:32

Necromaster
Scratcher

I added a spells menu in the recent update I shared.

What do you think?

#42 2013-04-03 19:32:26

Nomolos
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

What do you think?

I love it! I posted some tips in the comments.

#43 2013-04-03 19:37:46

thecraftmaster
Scratcher

Ok! Here's my dungeon map for the Sefar Caves! (I'm Nomo's test btw.)

I am a test account. Of who? Nomolosbig_smile

#44 2013-04-03 19:45:08

Necromaster
Scratcher

thecraftmaster wrote:

Cool.

I had some dungeon ideas:

Desert Ruins
Forest Temple
Undead Monastery
Goblin Mines... Misty Mountains style  tongue

#45 2013-04-03 19:58:00

Nomolos
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

thecraftmaster wrote:

Cool.

Desert Ruins
Forest Temple
Undead Monastery

Ooh! I like those! But I don't think Undead Monastery would fit. Maybe we can include it anyway!  big_smile

#46 2013-04-03 20:24:11

Necromaster
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Necromaster wrote:

thecraftmaster wrote:

Cool.

Desert Ruins
Forest Temple
Undead Monastery

Ooh! I like those! But I don't think Undead Monastery would fit. Maybe we can include it anyway!  big_smile

Y'know, some zombie necromancer guy/vampire/mummy lord has taken up residence in an abandoned monastery and has raised the inhabitants of the cemetery as his minions.  tongue

How about a sewer/cellars dungeon? Perhaps a gang of wererats are terrorizing the townsfolk or something.

#47 2013-04-03 20:26:29

Nomolos
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

Necromaster wrote:

Cool.

Desert Ruins
Forest Temple
Undead Monastery

Y'know, some zombie necromancer guy/vampire/mummy lord has taken up residence in an abandoned monastery and has raised the inhabitants of the cemetery as his minions.  tongue

How about a sewer/cellars dungeon? Perhaps a gang of wererats are terrorizing the townsfolk or something.

You like Necromancing stuff, don't you?  tongue  Perhaps that is why your username is what it is.

I don't know about the sewers. Let's let Copper decide, since he's the leader.

#48 2013-04-03 21:01:56

Necromaster
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Necromaster wrote:

Nomolos wrote:

You like Necromancing stuff, don't you?  tongue  Perhaps that is why your username is what it is.

I don't know about the sewers. Let's let Copper decide, since he's the leader.

I was suggesting ideas to Copper.  tongue

#49 2013-04-03 21:18:00

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Nomolos wrote:

Necromaster wrote:

What do you think?

I love it! I posted some tips in the comments.

I agree! That's great!  smile  I'll check out all of the projects soon.

Nomolos wrote:

4: LOVE IT! That'd be an awesome easter egg. My avatar is always a ninja, don't ask me why, or maybe we can make our pixel avatars look like ourselves?

Glad to hear it!  smile

Nomolos wrote:

5: Return to the cave, and Kazon will teach you a new spell. It's a earth spell that lets you bring a small rock from the ground as a shield to block attacks from bats and spells.

6: Enter the cave and make your way through deeeeeep underground, fighting off dark bats and cave trolls (Cave trolls basically look like trolls except look more rocky and stuff)

7: Defeat a boss, a rock golem, and Kazon will teach you a spell that can blow up the rocks blocking the entrance to the mountains. Then you can restock potions and head up into the snowy mountains!

5: I like that idea, maybe you have to use the spell to defeat the boss?
6: Looked at the cave troll sprite, I love it!  big_smile  Really cool weapon, too!
7: A rock golem! That sounds awesome.  big_smile

#50 2013-04-03 21:22:22

CopperHawk
Scratcher

Necromaster wrote:

thecraftmaster wrote:

Cool.

Desert Ruins
Forest Temple
Undead Monastery

Desert ruins sound great!  smile  Either that or a pyramid.
A forest temple would be cool too.
Don't know about the undead monastery... XD

As for the sewers, it might be a good place to practice on medium-strength enemies.
EDIT:
Idea: Maybe enemies have a small chance of dropping money?
You guys posted so much.......

Last edited by CopperHawk (2013-04-03 21:26:14)

Board footer