This is a read-only archive of the old Scratch 1.x Forums.
Try searching the current Scratch discussion forums.

#1 2013-03-30 22:14:16

mikebmac
Scratcher

Hello

Hello,

I have been lurking around this site and program for about a year or two. I was introduced to Scratch in a university course. The purpose of this course was to expand the educational functionality of games and reach a new generation of learners. During this time I learnt and created a short math game that I tentatively called "Math Hero"; it focused on using math in a action/puzzle gaming environment. I wanted to achieve a game that was entertaining, incorporated problem solving and was educational. I do feel I accomplished this, yet the game sat on my Google Drive gathering dust.

Fast forward a year or so and I am a classroom teacher. I found myself struggling to get my students motivated to learn math. As I was cleaning out and organizing my computer I found the game I created. I decided to have some of the students play it... I was shocked how engaged they were. Since this event I have committed a good deal of my personal time creating a new, more polished version of Math Hero. I have changed the project named to INFINITY MATH and am currently learning how to draw vector sprites while I wait for Scratch 2.0 to be released to use late-comers.

One of my favourite features of Scratch is that it allows the freedom to come at the same problem from multiple perspectives.

Looking forward to working with the community.

Sincerely,
Michael

http://i42.tinypic.com/21lo482.jpg HD Crash will restart production after 2.0
Related: (Concept Game) (Heroine Bio) (Sample Scroller /w Heroine Animation)

#2 2013-03-30 22:17:48

Hyperbola
Scratcher

Re: Hello

Hi! I saw you from my terrain generator's thread  tongue  Welcome to scratch!

(I should really play your math hero/infinity math game  smile  )

Tip of the whatever: Don't post in threads older than 2 weeks unless your post will actually be useful.
It's the last day of 1.4! *cries* (quote from NeilWest, rest by me) by the time you read this it probably will be 2.0  sad

#3 2013-03-31 01:49:15

shivadas
Scratcher

Re: Hello

Hi! Welcome to Scratch (officially)! I'll check out your infinity math game soon  smile

Please check out my latest project, Hunger Avenger!

Board footer